Sponsored

Best Bronco Model / Trim For Daily Driver?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What ever you do get some tube steps or rock rails to protect your doors from parking lot door dings. You can get rock rails standard on BD and BL and tube steps are standard with the Outer Banks.
Doors? Who needs doors. ?
Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting the obx and will be sharing it with my wife mostly because I have a 40 mile commute (one way). She's almost as excited about the Bronco as I am.
Off days will be with my Focus or Ryker.
On weekends it's all mine.

bahasad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2017 Nissan Rogue, Yamaha R3
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my opinion the big bend or outer banks packages are good for a daily driver. Depends on your specific driving style, fuel economy/tech requirements, environment.

For me, i drive a good amount on both highway and suburban roads. Also have some curves and twisties. The big bend is appealing to me...price wise and feature wise. My wife will also likely drive this car, I ferry my mom/in-laws around, and don't want them climbing into a lifted car ... I value acceleration and pickup so the 2.7 is pretty high on my list. I also think if I get more than 32s or 33s, it will be less than ideal for winter and/or handling.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing preventing me from BD is the seats. I am torn on whether or not I want the vinyl seats. For the rare occasion that the cloth seats will get dirty, I am thinking that they will be a lot more stable temperature wise with summer heat and winter freezing here in Michigan. I also have a very good carpet cleaner and a steamer if they get too dirty.
Vinyl in hot weather is a sweaty mess, especially if you're wearing shorts. I live in a hot climate, so vinyl for me is a non-starter. But, I really want the BD. This is the problem with Ford's Bronco menu options, it's impossible to get what you really want.

Imagine going to a restaurant and ordering a ribeye steak that comes with brussel sprouts. You hate brussel sprouts and ask the waiter for broccoli instead which is also on the menu, but you are told you cannot make the switch. You tell the waiter you are happy to pay extra for broccoli, but he says you may only have brussel sprouts. If you'd like broccoli, you can get it if you order the Halibut. You say you don't want fish tonight and the waiter smiles and says sorry, but those are your options. You enjoy the steak, the veggy goes un-eaten and you are mildly satisfied and annoyed at the same time.

This is the problem with the Bronco, they offer a multitude of packages, yet none are what you really want. It would be so refreshing if Ford would have actually allowed us to build the vehicle we really want.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Vinyl in hot weather is a sweaty mess, especially if you're wearing shorts. I live in a hot climate, so vinyl for me is a non-starter. But, I really want the BD. This is the problem with Ford's Bronco menu options, it's impossible to get what you really want.

Imagine going to a restaurant and ordering a ribeye steak that comes with brussel sprouts. You hate brussel sprouts and ask the waiter for broccoli instead which is also on the menu, but you are told you cannot make the switch. You tell the waiter you are happy to pay extra for broccoli, but he says you may only have brussel sprouts. If you'd like broccoli, you can get it if you order the Halibut. You say you don't want fish tonight and the waiter smiles and says sorry, but those are your options. You enjoy the steak, the veggy goes un-eaten and you are mildly satisfied and annoyed at the same time.

This is the problem with the Bronco, they offer a multitude of packages, yet none are what you really want. It would be so refreshing if Ford would have actually allowed us to build the vehicle we really want.
That is why Base with No options makes sense right now and when I know I can eat broccoli separate and when I want to. I usually does not like combos?

Sponsored

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see people saying Bronco Sport as the answer to the OPs question. I took a look at what it would cost, ya know since the Bronco Sport that was revealed the same day as the Bronco has had a B&P up ever since the reveal.

There is no way I would ever consider a 3 cylinder engine. So the only option that gives you the 2.0 4 cylinder is the Badlands trim. Add the Badlands package to it and you're at $37K. You may as well just get a Bronco at that price

Last edited:

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious why the Bd recommendation for a daily driver.. isn’t it specifically geared toward more off-roading capability?
Depends what you want and compare the packages in pricing and what you get for it. These three are not far from each other in pricing but some will have access to different colour interiors and materials that the other one doesn't. BB will have less options

IMG_2472.jpg

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends what you want and compare the packages in pricing and what you get for it. These three are not far from each other in pricing but some will have access to different colour interiors and materials that the other one doesn't. BB will have less options

Ford Bronco Best Bronco Model / Trim For Daily Driver? IMG_2472
Right but you also added the 1900 roof on bb, is 700 not avail. Not really able to apples if so

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right but you also added the 1900 roof on bb, is 700 not avail. Not really able to apples if so
That's what I'm wondering because the list they did from the survey that's the only top they're showing. So I wonder if they will have the gray top or is ford forcing the pricier one on certain models. They should offer the same prices and all model hard tops for all the broncos

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what I'm wondering because the list they did from the survey that's the only top they're showing. So I wonder if they will have the gray top or is ford forcing the pricier one on certain models. They should offer the same prices and all model hard tops for all the broncos
Yeah I’m not a big fan of how they chose the models. The features I would like to option are probably worth 1k, but I have to pay 6k to get into the next tier and buy back options that they took off.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any of them if you get what you like ...

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OUTER BANKS™ The trim that puts off-road style and tech front and center.  18" bright black highgloss painted aluminum alloy wheels  LED headlamps and taillamps  Optional 12" LCD touchscreen  Available B&O Sound System

This is the "Sahara" of Broncos, best fit for what you are asking.
Living in Philly & driving to the NJ shore house.. might go off roading once till I scratch it... then no way again.. so after my research I think Outer Bank is best for us.. image this as the Outer Banks driving it through town...

Screenshot_20200829-005516_Chrome.jpg

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I’m not a big fan of how they chose the models. The features I would like to option are probably worth 1k, but I have to pay 6k to get into the next tier and buy back options that they took off.
The price of BB 4D would be $41,480 if you add the gray hard top, but if you want the high pkg, then the pricing would increase by 3k to jump up to OB

Below is the interior of OB, which you can't get with BB

Ford Bronco Best Bronco Model / Trim For Daily Driver? IMG_2476
Sponsored

Last edited: