Sponsored

Is my wife right that I'm nuts, or am I brilliant??? Please gut check me!!

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the mathematical formula for determining if you should buy a second bronco is:

wife happiness >> any possible reward,

unless

bronco adventures planned = end of life;

YMMV
Sponsored

BriscoGun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's how I see it: If you buy the OBX, you need to be prepared to KEEP the OBX. There is no guarantee that your WT even gets MADE at this point, let alone delivered, anytime prior to mid 2023. You can't assume that you will just be able to sell it for MSRP or more either. Rates are going up, which means purchasing power is decreasing, and economic experts are starting to use the word "recession" for later in the year.

How willing are you to keep it? If you do sell it, how much are you willing to lose? If the answers are "no" and "none", I think you've solved your problem.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A) You're not nuts. And you're asking a bunch of enthusiasts, so you'll probably get a lot of support here. B) I would have a hard time reconciling the differences in the 2 Broncos, myself. WT/2.7/Lux is a lot different than a OBX/2.3/Mid. In my opinion, I would just the sell the OBX once you get the WT. You'll still probably make a profit, assuming you get the WT in the next year or two. Big assumption, btw. And I'm one of the crew who ordered back in July 2020, who still doesn't have mine. Hopefully soon, though. Good luck!
Didn't know that you could order in July 2020. Thought order banks opened in Jan 21 and best to be before 3/19/21 for a '21. Do you mean reserved? I reserved 7/14/20, ordered 3/12/21 and received 11/2/21.

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't know that you could order in July 2020. Thought order banks opened in Jan 21 and best to be before 3/19/21 for a '21. Do you mean reserved? I reserved 7/14/20, ordered 3/12/21 and received 11/2/21.
Yes, reserved is what I meant.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bronco in hand is worth 20 on dirt mountain.
Get your hands on one now and you’ll never look back.

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's what I've seen happen before, on the Bronco social media pages. Everyone ordered Broncos with all the bells and whistles. Orders are backed up, hard tops recalled. Ford says "remove these parts to get your Bronco faster". People switch up all their tops and engines and interiors and tow packages, and, guess what. They didn't get what they wanted, only because they were impatient.

Drex is right. Your order and the dealer stock unit are wildly different.

If you need one now, grab one. Otherwise, mow the lawn, make some lemonade, dust the shelves, sit back and chill.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're paying over MSRP, putting on a cheap spacer lift, thus voiding your warranty, then a new set of 35's, then planning to sell the used Bronco at a future date for a profit..... Your math is wrong.
Not to split hairs here, but a spacer lift would not void the warranty, with the possible exception of the CV axles. The thing says "Lift Me Baby!!" inside the fender wells for Pete's sake lol

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

My question for the group:

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
2) Is this brilliant and if you could you would do the exact same thing?
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

This seems like a no brainer, please gut check me :)
I wouldn't count on breaking even in the end. Depending on how long to get your WT the chance to sell them for original price or more will have decreased in a year with ford shipping vehicles without chip(s) etc. I would plan on selling for a small loss and get it if you really want it. I also believe if you do buy now you will be over the bronco by the time the WT comes in. Just my opinion.

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get what you specifically ordered and wait. It will be far more worthwhile

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your math is probably pretty close. You will need to swing owning both Broncos for a short period until you sell the OBX on the private market but you should get your price. Life is short. I say do it.

Sponsored

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know what they say about opinions, but here’s mine. If you have a chance to get a bronco now, GET IT! It may not be exactly what you want, but with what is going on in the world, 4, 6 or 12 months from now you may not be able to get one. Get it now and enjoy it!

snewton

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2 dr /1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't need a vehicle.... I have a Tacoma and its held its value great and would be an even trade to the Bronco.
Hold the Tacoma until your Wild Track comes in. Don't waste your time getting a model you don't really want on a markup.

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

My question for the group:

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
2) Is this brilliant and if you could you would do the exact same thing?
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

This seems like a no brainer, please gut check me :)
Wait. We were all there and I was going to change mine 10 times over and glad I didn't. Waited 15 months (Day 1 reservation, Day 1 order). It'll come.
Sponsored