Sponsored

Is ordering a 2 door right now a bad idea?

OP
OP

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad to see we can bounce back from the weekend shit show to what really matters! 2 doors vs 4 doors. :cool:

Thanks! I needed that! Now, if I could get my 2 door before ‘25 or ‘26, I’d really be happy!

Maybe we should talk about manual vs. automatics as well!
Haha 2 door manual is the dream!
Sponsored

OP
OP

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Apparently ordering a 2d has been a "bad idea" from the beginning. 7/13 or 7/14 reservation or not. 11% of 2D orders built....and I would assume most of those were either FE or base models.
Damn, that’s wild! I didn’t realize it was that bad with the 2 doors :(

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It really depends on where you order through & how much extra you are willing to pay. I have a 08/01/20 res at Granger & am looking most likely at a mid 2023, if I'm lucky. If you order through a big dealership & are willing to pay ADM then you can probably get one much sooner then that.

OP
OP

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
im ordering one .I figure it will come some time in 2023....that way i can trade my 4 door base in for what i really wanted..
Bummer but I think I might have to do the same if it’s impossible to get a 2 door anytime in 2022.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It really depends on where you order through & how much extra you are willing to pay. I have a 08/01/20 res at Granger & am looking most likely at a mid 2023, if I'm lucky. If you order through a big dealership & are willing to pay ADM then you can probably get one much sooner then that.
Wow, that is wild! The whole situation is so confusing. I found them in stock around here and the dealer was adding 10-30k per Bronco. Even if I had the money I wouldn’t buy one out of principle. Are you going to try to get an order in at another dealership?

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, that is wild! The whole situation is so confusing. I found them in stock around here and the dealer was adding 10-30k per Bronco. Even if I had the money I wouldn’t buy one out of principle. Are you going to try to get an order in at another dealership?

Hell no, I am not! That is insanity! I am currently debating getting getting a gladiator, or just wait... I really don't want to wait that long, but also I not the biggest fan of Jeep.

OP
OP

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hell no, I am not! That is insanity! I am currently debating getting getting a gladiator, or just wait... I really don't want to wait that long, but also I not the biggest fan of Jeep.
Same boat lol been trying to talk myself into a 2 door wrangler but it’s just not working.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You let over 100,000 people cut in front of you.

Good luck!
It was such a bad move lol I wasn’t really reading up on everything at the time. Didn’t realize it was going to get this bad haha 😬

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same boat lol been trying to talk myself into a 2 door wrangler but it’s just not working.
The Wrangler just doesn't look right to me, 4Dr looks worse, but the only way I can get into a Jeep is a gladiator. Really not happy either with having to pay extra for things like AC & power windows!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed, don't reward these greedy dealers who think that this practice of adding additional profit just because is acceptable. I might pay MSRP in a tight market, but F these dealers that start tacking on 5k, 10k, 20k, and 30k+ ADM's. It's not gonna happen to me.

I am staying with a dealership that treats me right and doesn't play stupid games. I may not end up with a second Bronco, but if Ford wants me to spend my money with Jeep, so be it. Not sure whether it would be a Wrangler or a Gladiator, but I could see trading my F-150 in to get a gladiator (although it's a lot less capable than my F-150 with regards to payload and towing).

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It’s not confusing, just FUBAR. Had Ford stuck to the original plan, we would all have Broncos by ‘23 or so. Now……

I agree, it’s a matter of principle. I have to decide to hold for a few years, buy a Sport and help Granger with allocations, or just buy a Jeep from Granger. Don’t really like either of the last two choices, but not sure the ol’ girl will survive the Midwest skin cancer she developed on her rear quarters four more years. Already had to fabricate a passenger side shock mount.
Sponsored

Last edited: