Sponsored

Is ordering a 2 door right now a bad idea?

BroncoBoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had one of those $100 day one reservations that I ended up taking back. My financial situation has finally changed and I’m ready to actually order now. Is it dumb to order a 2 door with MIC? I’ve read some say that’ll push you to 2023 or further. Was really hoping a 2 door would become available with soft top for 2022. Ive tried searching and googling but haven’t come up with much information. Every dealer I talk to gives me different takes lol.
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to say. If you do order, I’d advise you to order from the largest volume dealer that you can.
You do want your Bronco before 2026, right?

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find a big box dealer with more allocations than orders and you'll be fine.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im ordering one .I figure it will come some time in 2023....that way i can trade my 4 door base in for what i really wanted..

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hard to say. If you do order, I’d advise you to order from the largest volume dealer that you can.
You do want your Bronco before 2026, right?
Ordering from a large dealer, is such a crap-shoot. Ford set this up now for these dealers to sell it from underneath you and/or ADM it to the max. Sorry had to vent.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order what you want... Don't worry about the constraints, a lot of last minute MIC tops were suddenly scheduled and I bet more than a few people are annoyed that they didn't stick with their 2 door MIC build. Thankfully, I am not one of them, despite my Bronco waiting at Dirt Mountain.

If you order from a dealer, make sure to get a delivered price in writing ahead of time. You don't want any last minute surprises.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order what you want... Don't worry about the constraints, a lot of last minute MIC tops were suddenly scheduled and I bet more than a few people are annoyed that they didn't stick with their 2 door MIC build. Thankfully, I am not one of them, despite my Bronco waiting at Dirt Mountain.

If you order from a dealer, make sure to get a delivered price in writing ahead of time. You don't want any last minute surprises.
I live in michigan and i would hate to have my new bronco with a leaking roof .Sitting out in this weather for three months .....

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently ordering a 2d has been a "bad idea" from the beginning. 7/13 or 7/14 reservation or not. 11% of 2D orders built....and I would assume most of those were either FE or base models.

Scotsman61

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apparently ordering a 2d has been a "bad idea" from the beginning. 7/13 or 7/14 reservation or not. 11% of 2D orders built....and I would assume most of those were either FE or base models.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had one of those $100 day one reservations that I ended up taking back. My financial situation has finally changed and I’m ready to actually order now. Is it dumb to order a 2 door with MIC? I’ve read some say that’ll push you to 2023 or further. Was really hoping a 2 door would become available with soft top for 2022. Ive tried searching and googling but haven’t come up with much information. Every dealer I talk to gives me different takes lol.
Is this a trick question? “Broncos” only come in 2dr versions.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in michigan and i would hate to have my new bronco with a leaking roof .Sitting out in this weather for three months .....
Agreed. I am hoping that it didn't leak... I am sure that I will find out when I find out. It's annoying, but if it's not 100%, I still have other options and recourse. I am just not going to jump to any premature conclusions.

Yes. Ordering any Bronco is a mistake right now and a 4 year wait. Good luck!
Hard to disagree with the above comment.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is this a trick question? “Broncos” only come in 2dr versions.
Glad to see we can bounce back from the weekend shit show to what really matters! 2 doors vs 4 doors. :cool:

Thanks! I needed that! Now, if I could get my 2 door before ‘25 or ‘26, I’d really be happy!

Maybe we should talk about manual vs. automatics as well!

Last edited: