Sponsored

Is ordering a 2 door right now a bad idea?

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got a vin but makes my blood boil. Same build as you and an hour ahead of you, #4 at my dealer. What number were you?
I am not sure what number I am at my dealer. I know they only had 13 orders converted. (Small town) only one order delivered, and it was a black diamond soft top 4 door, and one dealer stock 2 door wildtrack.
Sponsored

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only 2dr Badlands I've seen in person or on the web are dealer mannequins. Myself and six of my friends have 2dr Badlands ordered both with and without SAS. All of us are 7/13 reservations, none of us got vins and we're scattered across the country. Ridiculous....
I haven't seen a two door either, and that's even with constant travel for work. There's only 2 four doors I've seen on the roads locally.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading this and seeing some of you with 7/14 reservations getting your 2 door Broncos, the dealers have a lot more to do with this whether it is priority, allocations, or whatever. I, like someone else I saw getting their Bronco built now have an early AM 7/14 reservation and have been deferred to re-order a 2022. It has to to be the dealer.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading this and seeing some of you with 7/14 reservations getting your 2 door Broncos, the dealers have a lot more to do with this whether it is priority, allocations, or whatever. I, like someone else I saw getting their Bronco built now have an early AM 7/14 reservation and have been deferred to re-order a 2022. It has to to be the dealer.
I agree on dealership being a factor.. I also wonder if limited colors have any affect. On other threads tons of AMB and RR were scheduled. I have AMB too.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might as well take a number and get in line. My 2 door manual badlands is scheduled week of 15 November. I'm a 7/14/2020 at 12:30 a.m. reservation.
Same week mine is scheduled. I feel very fortunate and am sad for the non scheduled folks.

Sponsored

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
im ordering one .I figure it will come some time in 2023....that way i can trade my 4 door base in for what i really wanted..
I ordered one and I also ordered a '22 Maverick. I'll trade the Mav on the 2dr Wildtrak whenever it arrives.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After waiting forever to order mine (day reservation holder) I am placing a order Wed. Yes it's a 2 door because Bronco's are 2 door wagons. If I get it in 22 wonderful, if it's 23.24 great too. I'm not going to spend 60k on something I don't want just to say I have one.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure what number I am at my dealer. I know they only had 13 orders converted. (Small town) only one order delivered, and it was a black diamond soft top 4 door, and one dealer stock 2 door wildtrack.
A 2D Wildtrak as a dealer demo, the ultimate build considering parts constraints........and there it sits at a dealer instead of someone's driveway who ordered one just like it.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had one of those $100 day one reservations that I ended up taking back. My financial situation has finally changed and I’m ready to actually order now. Is it dumb to order a 2 door with MIC? I’ve read some say that’ll push you to 2023 or further. Was really hoping a 2 door would become available with soft top for 2022. Ive tried searching and googling but haven’t come up with much information. Every dealer I talk to gives me different takes lol.
If you WANT a 2Dr, it is a good idea to ORDER a 2Dr.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a late August/21 reservation and order. Going in this week to reorder when I hear from my dealer. I’m in it for long haul plus I get to save money and build my stock portfolio for the wait time. Big deal. #BroncoHoldersClub

2 door, high package, Sasquatch, badlands, school bus yellow.

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope everyone understands that when "dealer stock" is used to describe a Bronco sitting at their dealer's lot/showroom, it is a mannequin. Mannequin is what Ford calls them. Just as mannequins are used to display clothing in a store, Bronco mannequins are used to display Genuine Ford Accessories. No dealer got to choose which Bronco got built for their mannequin. Ford decided that. Ford also decided what group of accessories were to be installed on each mannequin. Mannequins are available for retail purchase AFTER the required 6 months at the dealer. Most of the mannequins in this area that I’ve checked on have been sold with a deposit. I think shopping for one is a good idea. 6 months is short in Bronco terms.! (I know all of the above is common knowledge and redundant but bears repeating so please no flaming me 🤪)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope everyone understands that when "dealer stock" is used to describe a Bronco sitting at their dealer's lot/showroom, it is a mannequin. Mannequin is what Ford calls them. Just as mannequins are used to display clothing in a store, Bronco mannequins are used to display Genuine Ford Accessories. No dealer got to choose which Bronco got built for their mannequin. Ford decided that. Ford also decided what group of accessories were to be installed on each mannequin. Mannequins are available for retail purchase AFTER the required 6 months at the dealer. Most of the mannequins in this area that I’ve checked on have been sold with a deposit. I think shopping for one is a good idea. 6 months is short in Bronco terms.! (I know all of the above is common knowledge and redundant but bears repeating so please no flaming me 🤪)
Exactly, a 6 month wait looks like a walk in the park now!!!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The show Motorweek has received a Black Diamond 2 door with manual trans to review for the show.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The show Motorweek has received a Black Diamond 2 door with manual trans to review for the show.
That's nice... gotta feed the media first. Actually, I don't have any heartburn with them prioritizing some media outlets with regards to builds under regular circumstances - gotta build the hype - but when you have problems as bad as this launch, a 4 door soft top big bend would have sufficed.

Reactions: abe

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm curious how this will play out for myself. I reserved day 1 within the hour of the reveal, but didn't "convert" my order until june 2021.... Obviously I have to confirm my order for MY22, but I'm lost as to where I possibly stand. Ordering from a big dealer.
Sponsored