Sponsored

Is the JB4 tuner worth it? Uh, yeah!!! Installation, 0-60 & Dyno testing; all inside here! Take a look!

OP
OP
lethaljake

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What are the potential risks if any with doing this? Will / could it affect longevity? Much impact on MPG? - it'll make you stomp the pedal more I'd assume...
Hey Scott! A big concern of everyones is warranty. I've been personally telling some customers prior to the purchase to check with their Bronco dealer to see how, If anything would be impacted. Some dealers are different than others, of course. Impact on MPG as you've already kinda hinted at, would be dependent on the driver. With the power gains, the will to not speed everywhere would be your biggest savior of MPG haha. Hard to generalize the gain/loss.

I would ask, what would be your biggest goal to accomplish with a calibration?
Sponsored

Last edited:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, warranty is king right now with the 2.7L valve issues. Do you offer any tuning "modules" that intercept and change the signals instead of requiring a re-flash that can be detected by service?

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The JB4 isn't traceable from a scan as it's a piggy back module and doesn't flash the PCM. Not to say a dealer can't question what you did to the vehicle in the event that something happens though. That's just the risk we take when modifying vehicles from stock form. In reality though most of the failures which are minimal most likely had issues from the plant from the time the vehicle was produced.

If it's a dud, it's a dud and nothing can really change that.
They won’t see a pcm flash but can’t they still see logs that boost was exceptionally high? I don’t know if that’s a thing, but think I recall similar discussions when looking into it for my gti

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately, warranty is king right now with the 2.7L valve issues. Do you offer any tuning "modules" that intercept and change the signals instead of requiring a re-flash that can be detected by service?
I think that’s how the jb4 works. Piggyback

OP
OP
lethaljake

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there! So, I actually mis-spoke in my previous reply. The JB4 and VR Tuned modules are piggybacks and don't actually flash the PCM. There is no trace left behind due to that fact. Also, plug and play using the factory connections!

We did a full video on the JB4 and the results on one of our local customers' , actually!

Actually, here is is!

Also, for reference, here's the install as well!

Last edited:

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
lethaljake

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just letting everyone know we have JB4 devices in stock for your 2.3L and 2.7L broncos along with the optional bluetooth adapters. If you place an order for one make sure to choose your size from the dropdown and we'll toss in a free Lethal Performance Bronco T-shirt with each order.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/burger-motorsports-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-2-3l-2-7l.html
mance-tuner_bc997fae-c4f5-4c91-9d23-68de3fabfc0d_2.jpg

lp-swag-bronco-front.jpg

lp-swag-bronco.jpg
A free $50 Gas card?! Looking to get MORE out of your Bronco?

ENDING SOON, with the purchase of the Burger Motorsports JB4, you get a $50 GAS Card included! And, with the power you gain from this device, you're gonna need it!

Ready to grab one? --> SHOP NOW | Burger Motorsports JB4 Tuner (2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L / 2.7L, Bronco Raptor 3.0L)

Ford Bronco Is the JB4 tuner worth it? Uh, yeah!!! Installation, 0-60 & Dyno testing; all inside here! Take a look! jb4 (1)

Curious on what gains you'll see? Check out our local customer Chicken's First Edition Bronco 2.7L, that we installed the JB4 on, on the dyno and made impressive numbers, with JUST A TUNER. This truck was totally stock but now, has woken up with the power of the JB4. With this simple bolt on, your truck can go from no show to ALL GO!

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. Just installed my corsa exhaust from you guys and love the sound. Had a jb4 question. I put one on my old Audi s5 a few years back and it added a nice pop and burble to it just by adding the jb4. Obviously from the videos online, it doesn’t change much with the stock bronco exhaust, but have you run the jb4 with any of the cat back exhausts you have? Does the jb4 add more sauce to the mix?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey guys. Just installed my corsa exhaust from you guys and love the sound. Had a jb4 question. I put one on my old Audi s5 a few years back and it added a nice pop and burble to it just by adding the jb4. Obviously from the videos online, it doesn’t change much with the stock bronco exhaust, but have you run the jb4 with any of the cat back exhausts you have? Does the jb4 add more sauce to the mix?
Glad you're enjoying that Corsa setup. Love the one we put on our First Edition. It sounds sooooo good!! đź‘Ś

As to the JB4 we personally haven't tested one on a bronco with aftermarket exhaust. The bronco we used for testing in the video above was a bone stock First Edition.

The JB4 itself makes a huge difference in throttle and power. Can't really say it's going to change anything in regards to the tone of the exhaust. My opinion is that the bronco will sound the same with it.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Sponsored