Sponsored

JB4 Tuner Review/Install (10,000mile UPDATE)

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I resolved the overheating issues and the power cut. By custom making a ABS plastic cover for my K&N cold air intake. The top lid is no longer open to the engine bay. It's sealed. By doing this it kept IATs way down in traffic and under full acceleration.

I did this testing right before winter and it's been great since. However it is winter and it's cold. So will see what happens when the sun.mer comes around.

I run 94 octane
I have the jb4 set to Map 2 on normal goat mode
And map 3 on sport goat mode.
With a k&N cold air and turbo smart BOV.
And it works great. It actually pull really hard.
For comparison
I rolled raced a genisis g70T sport from 20mph roll and was side by side with it the whole way.

One thing I noticed.
If you are going to tune your bronco it's probably a good idea to upgrade the intercooler.

I think a jb4 tuner with
K&N cold air
Corsa exhaust
Turbosmart BOV
Mishimoto intercooler
On 93 or 94 octane is a killer setup.

Only wish there was a tuning box out there that modified launch. Cause the Bronco is like a smart car off the line.

Glad to hear you got things sorted out.

I just installed a JB4 on my Bronco and I'm enjoying the extra power. I have my normal and sport mode setup the same way as yours. I ordered a few other items and I'm waiting on Injen to have stock on their new CAI - Looks like March/April until that happens.

By the end of the week, i'll have the below

93 Octane
JB4 - Map 3 - Sport mode
S&B High-Flow Air Filter
BMS Blow valve Spacer
BMS Pedal Tuner

I may try and E30 mix and run Maps 4 & 5. Probably want to log some runs and send them over to BMS to make sure they're safe and working as intended.

I have found that launching in 2nd gear does wonders. It's a little slow to start, even brake torquing @ 2500 RPM in 4A - Still much better than dealing with the handicapped 1st gear.

An intercooler will probably be on my list, but I may wait until the warranty is up and I go to a full tune from 5 Star or similar. Did you really see much need for the intercooler w/JB4?
Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still playing around with the JB4, but has anyone else noticed that it pulls harder in "Normal" mode vs. "Sport" mode? it's really strange (Both running Map 3) It's not slow in sport mode, but normal feels like it has a lot more torque and gets up to speed quicker. I still need to do more testing and send some logs to Burger, but wanted to see if I'm the odd man out?

sfonteno

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still playing around with the JB4, but has anyone else noticed that it pulls harder in "Normal" mode vs. "Sport" mode? it's really strange (Both running Map 3) It's not slow in sport mode, but normal feels like it has a lot more torque and gets up to speed quicker. I still need to do more testing and send some logs to Burger, but wanted to see if I'm the odd man out?
AWD vs 2WD?

In some conditions the 2WD will be quicker.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems like disconnecting and reconnecting everything helped. Sport mode in Map 3 feels as it should now. Sent the logs to Burger and all looks well. Even ran some e30 and noticed a bit extra power in map 3. Didn’t notice much of a difference in map 4 & 5, but I may need to run some 0-60 numbers to see if I’m losing it. Overall, very happy with the JB4. Next up, Injen CAI and maybe…exhaust

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
any issues when taking it in for any dealer service?
The JB4 is a plug and play device which doesn't flash the PCM. So there's really no trace of it unless it's installed. It can easily be removed before taking it in for service. So if you're concerned about the dealer you're taking it to giving you a hard time just remove it before bringing it in.

OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

any issues when taking it in for any dealer service?

In addition to what @LethalPerformance said, I have been told that they CAN potentially find out by looking into a deep dive log on boost pressures and such. Essentially stating that because the stock bronco doesn’t allow these boost levels, that there must be something installed PTA. However, my dealership knows about mine and couldn’t care less. Manager told me that he wouldn’t refuse a claim just for the JB4. YMMV

-Buckwild

OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I updated the first post, just letting everyone know that I have over 20k on my JB4 and not a single issues to note. Cheers!

-Buckwild

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did a quick 0-60 run using Map 3 and E30. Not a rocket, but 0-60 has improved and definitely throws me back in my seat a bit more. Even have some torque steer going on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did a quick 0-60 run using Map 3 and E30. Not a rocket, but 0-60 has improved and definitely throws me back in my seat a bit more. Even have some torque steer going on.
🤘😎🤘

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In addition to what @LethalPerformance said, I have been told that they CAN potentially find out by looking into a deep dive log on boost pressures and such. Essentially stating that because the stock bronco doesn’t allow these boost levels, that there must be something installed PTA. However, my dealership knows about mine and couldn’t care less. Manager told me that he wouldn’t refuse a claim just for the JB4. YMMV

-Buckwild
good to know.. (@LethalPerformance) in addition to that. It looks like its a bit of an install. However, its great your dealer doesn't care. However, dealer experiences may vary.

tcraig808

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anybody compared this vs Ford Performance Calibration Tune?
Sponsored