Sponsored

JB4 Tuner Review/Install (10,000mile UPDATE)

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I absolutely did add sport mode. It’s insane just how much Ford limits the early torque. I drive in “Map3” in sport mode on a regular basis. Eventually I will have to move on to a new tuner, but only because of the major engine mods. I’ll enjoy this greatly until that time.
What octane do you run?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice. I have the Ford tune, I wanted the shift point adjustment. I have heard that the JB4 can run over the Ford tune. The Ford writes to the PCM so I would guess the JB4 is taking what's there and tuning from those values. At least that is how I see it in my head.

My next engine mod will be an intercooler, I have a Injen CIA and Magnaflow exhaust. Well just see the mod list below :)

OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nice. I have the Ford tune, I wanted the shift point adjustment. I have heard that the JB4 can run over the Ford tune. The Ford writes to the PCM so I would guess the JB4 is taking what's there and tuning from those values. At least that is how I see it in my head.

My next engine mod will be an intercooler, I have a Injen CIA and Magnaflow exhaust. Well just see the mod list below :)
I haven’t looked into this but I would be wary of running the JB4 over the ford tune. Ford completely retunes it, and the JB4 tricks it into thinking it needs more boost and fuel. I just wouldn’t want you to blow anything. But again I haven’t researched this being stacked. By all means let me know if I am wrong :)

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t looked into this but I would be wary of running the JB4 over the ford tune. Ford completely retunes it, and the JB4 tricks it into thinking it needs more boost and fuel. I just wouldn’t want you to blow anything. But again I haven’t researched this being stacked. By all means let me know if I am wrong :)
I think I read someone doing this. I cannot be 100% sure, but I believe something similar came up. I run 93 in my RIG all the time now, so I just wonder about this. What boost levels do you see with the JB4? I run a turbosmart dual valve as well, so that would help out. I mean that is the function, the Psshhh sound is a bonus.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think I read someone doing this. I cannot be 100% sure, but I believe something similar came up. I run 93 in my RIG all the time now, so I just wonder about this. What boost levels do you see with the JB4? I run a turbosmart dual valve as well, so that would help out. I mean that is the function, the Psshhh sound is a bonus.
Honestly I can’t tell you off the top of my head what boost I am seeing now. The bronco is kinda disassembled at the moment… but once I have it back together I’ll let you know.

Ford Bronco JB4 Tuner Review/Install (10,000mile UPDATE) 71122137464__0A2AC5B2-39FC-45CC-9688-F526992B236E

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've done over 10k miles now with the JB4.

Very happy so far, infact the car just feels slow when I remove everything and give her in for service.

Im also curious to know what sort of boost you guys are getting?

Im running the car on map 2 with 93 octane. Would it be safe to run it in map 3? Burgertuning support team had told me that map 2 is fine for 93 octane.

On map 2, during the winter months I was getting around 21/22 psi boost.

In the summer here in the UAE, temps are about 40-45 degrees with 60 - 80% humidity so im only getting like 19 psi now.

Will do some more testing in the winter as i have just added the AFE CAI as well a larger intercooler.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really wanted a JB4 piggyback but and the same time I'm worry about the transmission torque limit. It is a 10R60 (Has a 600 nm limit, which is 442 lb. ft of torque)

Bronco 2.7 stock running premium is already making 415 lb. ft of torque.
With JB4, it's just too damn close...

Also it is traceable if the tech look hard enough. If I'm the tech, I would check for historical maximum boost values stored in the ECM. If it is over by a lot I know it was modified.

If the Bronco has a 10R80 transmission. I would do it in a heartbeat, won't even worry about the warranty since it is a lot less likely to blow up...
Sponsored