First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had our guys at work tune my car after I installed the cold-air intake, headers and cat-back. It has never thrown a Check Engine Light and passes a sniff test at inspection. Did add about 40 horsepower at the wheel so I'm pushing 500 at the crank tho.

There are a handful of minor differences between our 50-state legal kits that carry an EO sticker and our 49-state legal kits. The 50-state kits are not in any way customizable. We buy a vehicle for every test, install our kit, tune it and take it our Cali office to go through their EO process. Once it passes inspection it is allowed for sale there or any place that chooses to follow their standard. Sometimes they require us to use the factory air box rather than an open element air filter as some applications use a carbon filter in the OEM air box that must be retained. Our 49-state kits can generally be ordered with a wide selection of superchargers, with or without a preset tune, injectors, etc. to meet whatever power level you desire.
Glad to hear that you achieved your desired results. You spurred my interest on tuning a "LS" GM engine. Did the final results come from running it on a full chassis dyno? Did it change torque proportional to the effective horsepower band? The tailpipe numbers as well as the Mass Air would be interesting as it was run on the dyno. It has been a pleasure discussing this issue. Kevin

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear that you achieved your desired results. You spurred my interest on tuning a "LS" GM engine. Did the final results come from running it on a full chassis dyno? Did it change torque proportional to the effective horsepower band? The tailpipe numbers as well as the Mass Air would be interesting as it was run on the dyno. It has been a pleasure discussing this issue. Kevin
It's been about 6 years ago now since it was tuned. We have both a Mustang and Dynojet dyno. We do most of our tuning on the Mustang. Dynojets notoriously show higher numbers so we'd rather undersell and overdeliver by publishing our numbers off the Mustang dyno. Torque moved up well IIRC, the peak may have moved up a couple hundred RPM just from being able to breathe a little better. I do remember Erik saying he was impressed with how well the cold-air intake played with the header/exhaust combo I chose. He had to make minimal adjustments to fuel and I don't believe he moved timing much at all. Getting the shift points dialed in gave him more trouble than the fuel and timing curves.

The LS/LT is a pretty solid family of motors, yes. I've been primarily a GM guy but have plenty of respect for the Coyote, Ecoboost and Hemi as well as the older stuff. They all pay my bills so I'm happy to see them all succeed lol. I'm slowly building up my knowledge of the EcoBoost stuff since that's what I'm moving into.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know that I'd judge it by 'noise/sound' as much as actual power. Who cares if it sounds great and goes slow. Having had a 3.5EB in a F150, with an exhaust and intake and tune, still dead quiet. V6's and turbos aren't generally loud unless the turbo is massive, external wastegate and no emissions equipment or mufflers to hold back sound. Reminds me of people complaining new diesels are too quiet, even though they put down numbers a 7.3 would dream of. To each their own, but if you're looking for classic V8 sounds with a lopping cam out of a V6 in 2020, I don't think you'll be impressed.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope. Leave it stock. You will spend a big pile of money just to make it louder. I learned with Toyota V6's that you just can't make them sound good. When I picked up a Raptor with a V6 I knew not to waste money on the exhaust. Many people in the Raptor world spent thousands on exhausts only to revert back to stock. On the Raptor Ford did a very good job of creating a free flowing exhaust from the factory. Spend your mod money elsewhere.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Leave it stock. You will spend a big pile of money just to make it louder. I learned with Toyota V6's that you just can't make them sound good. When I picked up a Raptor with a V6 I knew not to waste money on the exhaust. Many people in the Raptor world spent thousands on exhausts only to revert back to stock. On the Raptor Ford did a very good job of creating a free flowing exhaust from the factory. Spend your mod money elsewhere.
What about for performance improvement? I don't want to change or increase the exhaust sound at all but I'd be open to increasing HP if there was a reasonable solution to go to.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What about for performance improvement? I don't want to change or increase the exhaust sound at all but I'd be open to increasing HP if there was a reasonable solution to go to.
On the Raptor, no gains in performance. Even with test pipes and no cats. Nothing to be had. I have not followed the performance of the 2.7 in the F150.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

dont waste your money its hopeless and worthless

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Garbo will always be the result. Even if it's louder and slightly polished garbo.

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I currently have a 3.5L Ecoboost with this exhaust. I thought long and hard about changing the exhaust and this was the only one that even made me consider doing it. I took the plunge and regret it, it sounds good at startup but the minute you get on the gas it turns into a Civic. The exhaust guy I have been using for over a decade has a simple saying about this situation. "There just ain't no fix, for V6".

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rumored encrypted ECU, if it comes to fruition, will put an abrupt stop on all aftermarket tuning efforts.:mad:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This truck sounds amazing. The poster of this video said the truck has the following:

SPD Catless Downpipes
MBRP 4” Exhaust
Deleted Resos and Muffler(s)
BoomBa racing BOV
TURBO NOISEEEEEEEEEES