Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And in the meantime the Wrangler has posted back-to-back best ever sales quarters. Some of those, I'm sure, are frustrated reservation holders tired of the wait. But I wonder if it's also the law of unintended consequences at work as well.
The huge media blitz surrounding the Bronco launch has brought ton's of attention to the segment. And I'm betting that it got the interest of folks who never thought about a 'hard core' off road vehicle, and have no predisposition to Jeep or Ford. Once interested, and realizing it could be a few years until they could get a Bronco, went with the Wrangler by default. Many may revisit the Bronco in a few years when availability is less of an issue.
But wouldn't it be ironic if all the hype over the Bronco is partly responsible for the Wranglers 25%(!) quarterly increase.
God I just hope they all stay in the mall parking lot. The reason I own vehicles like these are to get away from people. More people coming in to the segment is bad news to me regardless of which vehicle they buy.
Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long will this go on? My priority order just now got moved for the 9th time. Now it’s the week of 11/01. Thankfully i kept my Jeep to use during bow season again this year. I almost sold it in May when my Bronco got scheduled in for early June. XJ for the win.

B96E8158-6388-46F4-A6BB-5E9D8EF93945.jpeg

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long will this go on? My priority order just now got moved for the 9th time. Now it’s the week of 11/01. Thankfully i kept my Jeep to use during bow season again this year. I almost sold it in May when my Bronco got scheduled in for early June. XJ for the win.

Ford Bronco It’s been a year… how long will this go on? B96E8158-6388-46F4-A6BB-5E9D8EF93945
Thats a good lookin xj..Dont ever sell it!!!!

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forms Ford’s viewpoint, anytime they communicate it causes mass confusion. Take the last one for example: Ford said mod tops to ‘23, 20% less Mic tops than ordered, and please convert to Soft top.

We had people on here interpret that as wait, you mean I can’t get a Mod top this fall, to I’m switching to Mod top in ‘22, to there will only be enough MIC tops for FE, to 2 Door is delayed to ‘22, to only 2 Doors get MIC tops and Ford is going to build all the 2 Doors, to Ford said get MICs.

Then, there is the constant switching of orders in response to every way the soup of information and misinformation sloshes , making it even more difficult for Ford to plan and schedule.

Net: every time they communicate, the hive starts buzzing and swarming, which creates chaos in the order system.
Good!:LOL:

Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will outlast the Bronco!:LOL:
It’s an 01 with 140k. Last month I did a complete overhaul on the engine and transmission. 5 years ago did a complete overhaul on the front and rear diffs adding tru-tracs and 4.10 gears. 3.5” lift with a mint interior, ice cold ac, and not a single spec of rust anywhere. It’s never leaving until my two grandsons flip that coin to get first choice of this XJ or the matching black comanche short bed 4x4 sitting next to it.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s an 01 with 140k. Last month I did a complete overhaul on the engine and transmission. 5 years ago did a complete overhaul on the front and rear diffs adding tru-tracs and 4.10 gears. 3.5” lift with a mint interior, ice cold ac, and not a single spec of rust anywhere. It’s never leaving until my two grandsons flip that coin to get first choice of this XJ or the matching black comanche short bed 4x4 sitting next to it.
Very nice!

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That XJ is the simplest, most reliable vehicle you will ever own. I had a 01, lifted and locked. Use the XJ for off road and the Bronco for shopping at Bass Pro.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
God I just hope they all stay in the mall parking lot. The reason I own vehicles like these are to get away from people. More people coming in to the segment is bad news to me regardless of which vehicle they buy.
I hear that, Brother! After eleven hectic weeks with only Sunday's off, we managed to grab four days down in Sedona. We spent Friday just cruising in the rain as far back into the Coconino National Forest as we could get. Just jumped from trail to trail all day long. Aside from the random campsite, we went hours without seeing another vehicle. Peaceful, secluded, bliss.

Realized how lucky we had been as we got closer to civilization at the end of the day. The last two miles of Casner Park Road coming into Munds Park was packed campsites with an endless parade of SxS's and atv's blasting down the road full bore. It's will come as no surprise that the last four miles on that road were the roughest, most beat to shit trail we'd seen all day...

GH021280_1630794641874.jpg

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear that, Brother! After eleven hectic weeks with only Sunday's off, we managed to grab four days down in Sedona. We spent Friday just cruising in the rain as far back into the Coconino National Forest as we could get. Just jumped from trail to trail all day long. Aside from the random campsite, we went hours without seeing another vehicle. Peaceful, secluded, bliss.

Realized how lucky we had been as we got closer to civilization at the end of the day. The last two miles of Casner Park Road coming into Munds Park was packed campsites with an endless parade of SxS's and atv's blasting down the road full bore. It's will come as no surprise that the last four miles on that road were the roughest, most beat to shit trail we'd seen all day...

GH021280_1630794641874.jpg
I’m glad you got some time to enjoy yourselves without the crowds. That is getting harder snd harder to do. The side by sides and ATV’s are not my favorite. I get different strokes for different folks but those things are just too loud and obtrusive for me.
Sponsored