First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry to here about your bronco issues. As for trading for a Subaru.....well that's your choice. Funny my brother in law has had two Subarus and both were nightmares. Catalytic converter failures (two sets in 100,000 miles), unit bearing failures, both were very expensive to repair. And lead to them selling one for next to nothing and traded the other for a mini cooper (they had issues with that too) Any brand has its issues. Dont care what it is ford , gm. jeep, toyota, BMW ect.

We have almost 17,000 miles on my wife's 22 black diamond. Only issue was a misaligned rear window that was fixed in two hours at the dealer. Also have had no issues with the badlands I had (about 3,000 miles)and 2 door black diamond (about 2,000 miles) I now have.

Good luck. Hopefully you will come back to the bronco club in the near future.
Sponsored

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No this isn't an exit post. LOL But I did trade my 3.5 month old Black Diamond last week.

Due to numerous electrical and mechanical issues, engine and powertrain faults that are leaving no code traces, soft top issues and general quality issues with my Bronco, I decided trading now versus later was the smart decision. I just don't have confidence that the Bronco wasn't going to leave me stranded. Or that I wouldn't end up with a major issues that would require parts that are on indefinite backorder. Dealers around here don't do loaners anymore and I can't be without my daily. I'll probably be cancelling my older second order of a hard top BB. Not that it would get built this MY anyway.

I still love the Bronco and will still be around here watching how things play out and admiring what you all do to yours. I'll attempt to revisit one in a few years when/if things level out and quality improves drastically. If not in a few years maybe when the Gen7 comes out.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Bronco. Looks like you made a good choice with the Outback, particularly if you aren't doing extreme off-roading. I have a '22 Bronco OBX and a '21 Outback (not Wilderness). I like them both for different reasons.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to do what you feel is best for you.

As for me, there's not a chance I'd trade in a Black Diamond Bronco for a Outback Wilderness. They're both low to mid $40K vehicles and the Bronco is leaps and bounds ahead in nearly every category.

As for your issues, you have a 3yr/36,000 Bumper to Bumper factory warranty and a longer powertrain warranty.

I played it safe and bought a 10yr/125,000 Ford PremiumCARE warranty and plan on keeping my Bronco for many years and many miles...and will take it in for factory warranty work anytime I need to.

But like I said, you gotta do what you feel is best and if the Outback meets your needs better for the same price, then that's a good thing for you. Cheers.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t blame you one bit, but I’ll ignore the Subaru subject 🤣

If any of my numerous quality issues were repeated electrical or powertrain issues, it would be long gone.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife loves her Subaru Outback. Good enough for fire roads and light snow.
Never any issues at almost 100K miles now.
Congrats OP, it will suit you well.

It's nice to drive on long highway trips, compared to this.

Ford Bronco I've moved on - For now 32762803-B97D-477C-BC39-982A5E7FCE18

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Something that I wouldn't have seen myself getting 6 months ago.

2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness.

Ford Bronco I've moved on - For now 32762803-B97D-477C-BC39-982A5E7FCE18

It checked most of my boxes.

-Will do all of the off-roading I normally do
-Mind blowing amount of standard features for the price. Including adaptive LED headlights.
-Plenty of power
-Comfortable ride
-Good road mannerisms
-Plenty of room for long trips
-Made in the US
-Safety, safety, safety
-Added bonus it's a blast to drive on back road twisties

I was originally trying to buy an Explorer Timberline. But Ford dealers were trying to lowball me on trade to the tune of $40k or less. Won't own a GM product and nothing in the Stellantis line-up had my interest.
Nothing in the Stellantis line? Seems like I’ve seen your username elsewhere. Do you happen to own a Jeep Willys Gladiator too?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I feel ya. Bronco has spent more time at the dealer in 1 year than any of my other vehicles ever have.

Hard to have any real confidence that it won't fail in the middle of nowhere.

Not to mention the obvious build quality issues.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've had 2 Outbacks and a Legacy. Currently have a 2015 Outback. 155,000 miles. Normal maintenance issues ... except the wheel bearings. Over time, all four have been done, starting at 55k miles. The aftermarket versions seem to last longer. As in,none of those have needed replaced. Cost of repair seemed in line to me. I use an independent mechanic.

Any of the AWD Subies are straight wicked in the snow/slush/etc. I still run Blizzaks on the Outback and it is a solid, planted beast in the shittiest of conditions. Well worth the money to have two sets of wheels/tires if your conditions call for it.

It's funny to read all the shit talking mostly from folks that have never owned one. Almost every other post is current/previous owners that loved them.

Sorry about your Bronco luck.
The only issues on our Base have been minor build quality stuff, but it has been a good runner thus far. Come to think of it, it hasn't even done the manual trans "Bucking Bronco" thing in a long time now.
But I think you made an excellent case for why yours needed to go away.

Kilroy

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma 2005 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Outbacks are ok. My wife and I are strong Toyota fans. We have a 4Runner with 240K miles and a Tacoma with 200K. No issue what so ever. My Bronco Raptor is in the shop with a torn CV boot at 2500 miles….

Sponsored

Rhall28

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Infiniti M35
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear about the problems with your Bronco, that’s frustrating. Im waiting to get mine and will be leaving a 15 year old Mazda that has been very reliable. The Bronco will be my first American car since 1993. I left American autos behind after an ‘89 Chevy S10 that was a total pos. You did the right thing, nobody needs the stress of an unreliable vehicle.

Subaru is a great choice. We have a 2019 Forester and it does great in the snow, very comfortable, has excellent luxury options for the price and, most importantly, it gets us where we need to go and hasn’t had any major problems to date.
That’s funny. I have a similar background. The Bronco is my first American car since 1991. Before the Bronco, I had a 16 year old Infiniti M35 that I never had any problems with. I left American autos behind after an ‘82 Chevy Celebrity that was the worst. I also owned a couple of Fords in the 1980’s that were pos. Love my Bronco. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't blame you at all. While I have yet to encounter any significant issue with either of my Broncos, I do feel if something were to go wrong it would leave me stranded. I just feel there are enough software/electronic glitches or software diagnostics that will decide there is some fatal fault that the vehicle could leave me stuck any time. My prior vehicles were almost 20 years old and while they had electronics it was a fraction of now and those older vehicles would default to limp modes in the worst so I could get home. I've hard of too many things with the bronco that leave people stuck.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No this isn't an exit post. LOL But I did trade my 3.5 month old Black Diamond last week.

Due to numerous electrical and mechanical issues, engine and powertrain faults that are leaving no code traces, soft top issues and general quality issues with my Bronco, I decided trading now versus later was the smart decision. I just don't have confidence that the Bronco wasn't going to leave me stranded. Or that I wouldn't end up with a major issues that would require parts that are on indefinite backorder. Dealers around here don't do loaners anymore and I can't be without my daily. I'll probably be cancelling my older second order of a hard top BB. Not that it would get built this MY anyway.

I still love the Bronco and will still be around here watching how things play out and admiring what you all do to yours. I'll attempt to revisit one in a few years when/if things level out and quality improves drastically. If not in a few years maybe when the Gen7 comes out.
What dealer? I see you’re from DE. I’m right across the River.
just curious more then anything. Sucks you had those issues.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something that I wouldn't have seen myself getting 6 months ago.

2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness.

CF9E66D1-D281-441D-B252-52ECB0A7B754.jpeg

It checked most of my boxes.

-Will do all of the off-roading I normally do
-Mind blowing amount of standard features for the price. Including adaptive LED headlights.
-Plenty of power
-Comfortable ride
-Good road mannerisms
-Plenty of room for long trips
-Made in the US
-Safety, safety, safety
-Added bonus it's a blast to drive on back road twisties

I was originally trying to buy an Explorer Timberline. But Ford dealers were trying to lowball me on trade to the tune of $40k or less. Won't own a GM product and nothing in the Stellantis line-up had my interest.
You could have gotten anything but you got a Subaru. :love: It’s just so beautiful. I’m gonna cry.:cry:
Sponsored