Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/2022-jeep-grand-cherokee-trailhawk-4xe-raises-the-sway-bar/

The new Trailhawk is pretty neat release by jeep. Jeep says it did the Rubicon trail in all electric.

Not bad specs at all for a light offroader and a 4xE electric hybrid version to boot. and even a V8 is offered. Even has a sway bar disco feature. Probably better than land rover offroad. Probably about as good as a stock four runner, although a true rear locker on the 4 runner TRD and offroad models probably give the 4 runner a slight edge.

I think I may prefer one of these over any non-squatch bronco other than the badlands.

This thing would probably handle what 95% of broncos will ever see, unless you are going to spend a ton of time in the rocks. Pretty fun time to be an off-roader.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a current owner of a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (albeit, not a 4xe), they are very capable vehicles.

I'm no hard core off-roader, but in the stuff I've done it handles very well. It's a good mix of off-road capability and comfort. I'm very happy with it, and I think adding the 4xe platform to it is exciting. Exciting enough for me to cancel my Bronco order? Heck no. But I think it'll do well.

OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, if you don't want or don't care for a removeable top and probably won't do much more than BLM/forest roads/fire trails this is a pretty nice setup.

Stellantis does a great job with interiors, the mpgs are really good too. Jeep/Rams dependability has improved. My wife wasn't terribly impressed with the bronco interior, this or the new 4 runner may very well be what she settles on.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to mention that it's a Fiat...

OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to mention that it's a Fiat...
Well deserved past reputation for sure, but these days they actually make a pretty solid vehicle and are hard to beat for the money and power train options. Unfortunately, current Ford's, including the broncos aren't exactly a beacon of reliability, despite fewer power trains. I would probably get the extended warranty if we were to go with the 4xE though just because of the
complexities.

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI the trail hawk electric rear locker is the real deal. It is a 100% lock when the drive mode engages it (no standalone switch). I’ve had 2 of them, in rock, mud mode they are center and rear locked.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stellantis does a great job with interiors
In general, I would say yes, the interior is pretty good. My only issue is with the leather - I traded in a 2018 Audi A5 coupe for my Jeep, and the leather quality in my Audi was 100 times better than the Jeep. I find the Jeep leather - Seats, arm rests, centre console, etc. - to be very cheap. I take very good care of my vehicles, clean/condition the leather regularly, and it's already fading, cracking, and looking like crap. I only have 17,000 km on the vehicle too!

But the rest of it has been good. I find the interior well laid out and has a more luxury feel than most of the vehicles I've owned in the past.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In general, I would say yes, the interior is pretty good. My only issue is with the leather - I traded in a 2018 Audi A5 coupe for my Jeep, and the leather quality in my Audi was 100 times better than the Jeep. I find the Jeep leather - Seats, arm rests, centre console, etc. - to be very cheap. I take very good care of my vehicles, clean/condition the leather regularly, and it's already fading, cracking, and looking like crap. I only have 17,000 km on the vehicle too!

But the rest of it has been good. I find the interior well laid out and has a more luxury feel than most of the vehicles I've owned in the past.
Wife has had her GC trailhawk w/ suede for 3yrs. Prior GC was a ‘15 limited. Definitely prefer the suede over leather.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife’s ‘18 GC trailhawk has wheeled every trail we’ve thrown at it here in CO & AZ. Including towing our offroad trailer over Imogene Pass (Telluride to Ouray) and through the Alpine Loop. Been very capable. Even with its 20” wheels and aired down to 18psi on KO2s.

She even took it down Black Bear Pass (minus the trailer of course). It’s capable of running 97% of the trails built wranglers see.

Problem I see now is her waiting on her Bronco that has a ViN but delayed build date.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 2019 Grand Cherokee Upland. Essentially a Trailhawk lite. Loved it and very capable. One thing I have never been a fan of with the Trailhawk is the air suspension. Heard it can be costly when it goes bad.

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an owner of a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, not sure I would ever buy another. Even with the lifetime warranty, sometimes it's not worth it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an owner of a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, not sure I would ever buy another. Even with the lifetime warranty, sometimes it's not worth it.
Interesting. In 33k miles only issue we've had with ours is the navigation unit went out in the first 800 miles and had to be replaced. Other than that, zero issues.

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. In 33k miles only issue we've had with ours is the navigation unit went out in the first 800 miles and had to be replaced. Other than that, zero issues.
I have 88k miles, rear elsd motor went out. Front left air shock replaced. Upper and lower control arms replaced. Front left axle replaced. Front right air shock has now developed a rattle when I just knock on it with my fist.

I have been to two dealers now and every time it comes back with more problems. Once someone touches the suspension it all goes down hill. Maybe it is too complicated.
Sponsored