Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was the pricing similar for the custom? I love yours, and am not a beachy person! Nice work on your selection!
I think so. I’m not certain on what the 2 Dr price would be. You’d have to inquire. So this was my first choice but I did send a few photos from some of my other travels like the Rockies in Colorado and Cancun. I might have even sent one of the Pacific NW. But they did an office poll as I couldn’t decide and this one was the favorite. They can print any photo you own as long as it’s a large enough file to enlarge without too much pixilation.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha…she’s a former Disney Princess and has curly hair and doesn’t like it being blown out. She said once “I need to keep a hat in the Bronco all the time”…it’s a no go from her. But I can still go position 1 on my way home from work 😂…and I’m headed to Colorado to do some wheeling next month, who knows far back the top will go that week…what she don’t know can’t hurt her. 😂✌🏻🤙🏻
Haha… dang Disney. I know you’ll love that in Colorado. We’re heading there in a couple weeks but flying. If I had a couple of weeks I’d definitely drive it. Top down!!!.. but more importantly you have your shade to keep you from burning in that mountain sun.

OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How difficult is it to remove the portion above the windshield when you want to reinstall the soft top? I have one from a different company and it's a little annoying.
Super simple. Here’s a couple of pictures showing how easy it is.

Attachments

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ladyinbluebronco this looks fantastic. I have the gearshade version and don't love the front portion of it. It does not go all the way forward (let's sun in) and I've already broken a clip on it when trying to secure the soft top closed. By no means is it a bad product. I won't replace it unless it breaks somehow, which I don't imagine will happen in the foreseeable future.

For anyone comparing the 2 products though, this jtop version looks to have a better solution for the front area.

What is the process for fully removing it?

OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Ladyinbluebronco this looks fantastic. I have the gearshade version and don't love the front portion of it. It does not go all the way forward (let's sun in) and I've already broken a clip on it when trying to secure the soft top closed. By no means is it a bad product. I won't replace it unless it breaks somehow, which I don't imagine will happen in the foreseeable future.

For anyone comparing the 2 products though, this jtop version looks to have a better solution for the front area.

What is the process for fully removing it?
Thank you. I am so happy with this.
They really have thought out the construction of these.
So it’s meant to be installed once. Whether you have a soft top or hard top. Works for both but hard top from what I understand has zippers (I have soft top).
This is mounted with Velcro and heavy duty magnets. It’s just a matter of removing the hardware (the metal pieces on each side that latches the top) and pulling it off the Velcro. There are two straps that buckle over the rear part of the roll cage also that are easy to undo.
I was able to do the whole install by myself. Only help I got was when I asked my husband to help me reposition the front areas to make them more taught. He has stronger hands than me for sure.
I’ll share with you some pictures of what the areas look like.

Attachments

Sponsored

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I do like about the gearshade is easy removability, and this sounds similar. Not spur of the moment quick on/off like flipping the softtop back, but not a full morning project before leaving the house either. After the original install, it probably takes 2 minutes to remove and 5 to put back on.

OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing I do like about the gearshade is easy removability, and this sounds similar. Not spur of the moment quick on/off like flipping the softtop back, but not a full morning project before leaving the house either. After the original install, it probably takes 2 minutes to remove and 5 to put back on.
For sure. I’m glad this is once on, stay on. I tired going without anything but it was just too much sun even in harsh Illinois 😎 even tho I was wearing sunglasses and eventually getting a wide brimmed hat I still burned my eye balls. No more.

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great - Can't wait for mine to arrive -- I did custom too

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really liking this. I love the sun but my kids complain about the wind in the back when the top is down and the sun in their face. Is it possible to roll the front portion back and possibly secure with a strap when you just flip the first stage back? I looks from your pictures like the front is just secured with the velcro strips, magnets, and two clips by the front doors?
Just thinking it would be great to have the option to have the front section rolled back when I just pop the top back. When I am driving by myself I dont mind the sun, its refreshing.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I am so happy with this.
They really have thought out the construction of these.
So it’s meant to be installed once. Whether you have a soft top or hard top. Works for both but hard top from what I understand has zippers (I have soft top).
This is mounted with Velcro and heavy duty magnets. It’s just a matter of removing the hardware (the metal pieces on each side that latches the top) and pulling it off the Velcro. There are two straps that buckle over the rear part of the roll cage also that are easy to undo.
I was able to do the whole install by myself. Only help I got was when I asked my husband to help me reposition the front areas to make them more taught. He has stronger hands than me for sure.
I’ll share with you some pictures of what the areas look like.
This is fabulous! I can't thank you enough for taking the time and doing this.
Mike

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gina, would you mind taking a picture from the driver's seat looking up towards the sun visor area? I'm trying to determine how much of the view is blocked by the opaque portion.

OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gina, would you mind taking a picture from the driver's seat looking up towards the sun visor area? I'm trying to determine how much of the view is blocked by the opaque portion.
You bet! I hope this helps. It’s flush to the edges. I took these a few days ago. I could take more if you need. Just let me know.

Ford Bronco Jtop Bimini shade installed 8069E0C9-7A46-48B6-B17E-8C97AAED4191

Ford Bronco Jtop Bimini shade installed 7BCC1361-9C5B-4EF4-9A83-B449FF7D5CFE

Ford Bronco Jtop Bimini shade installed 5FA883CA-F450-40E5-ADD5-6A8C5BB88690

Ford Bronco Jtop Bimini shade installed 877B7C30-14DF-4C89-B6D2-A7145AB1DCBF

Ford Bronco Jtop Bimini shade installed BD104AD6-0B88-4390-8E32-E1E234AEC0EE

Ford Bronco Jtop Bimini shade installed 16F69A57-72AF-48C6-9C40-B0E688FBBA63

Ford Bronco Jtop Bimini shade installed D75094F5-C1A4-48A2-9BAC-13CFB9464F2C

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really liking this. I love the sun but my kids complain about the wind in the back when the top is down and the sun in their face. Is it possible to roll the front portion back and possibly secure with a strap when you just flip the first stage back? I looks from your pictures like the front is just secured with the velcro strips, magnets, and two clips by the front doors?
Just thinking it would be great to have the option to have the front section rolled back when I just pop the top back. When I am driving by myself I dont mind the sun, its refreshing.
That would be a Mike @JTopsUSA question. It doesn’t do that currently on mine. My only concerns would be more wind resistance/catching the wind too much and causing damage or weakness in the mesh.
I do have to say that because it’s flush to the edge it’s a much quieter screen. I honestly feel like I still have loads of freedom with it on but less in your eyes issues. I hate that there’s a gap in the sun visors when they’re down. So this adds a more comfortable shade.
Of course I’m not an engineer but I’m always looking for ways to improve on something.
And I’m sure Jtopsusa will give the people what they want.
Sponsored

Last edited: