Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering the same thing in terms of rolling it back or removing it. I'm looking to purchase a shade and considering the Jtop from everything I've heard but I don't want it installed permanently... would like to be able to remove or roll it back quickly to still go full open air when I'd like to. Is that possible with the Jtop?
We get this question all the time but in our 10 years of making sun shades for Jeeps the desire to remove the shade has never been an issue.
Once you experience the open feeling of a see though mesh top there is little reason to take it off.
If that’s an absolute requirement we are not the solution. A bungee is easy to take off and will give you all the open air experience you can ask for.
Our goal is to achieve full coverage from front to back and side to side without any gaps in coverage. Highway performance is also critical and a big part of our design.
Mike

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 11.42.45 AM.png

IMG_5429.jpeg
IMG_5428.jpeg
Sponsored

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We get this question all the time but in our 10 years of making sun shades for Jeeps the desire to remove the shade has never been an issue.
Once you experience the open feeling of a see though mesh top there is little reason to take it off.
If that’s an absolute requirement we are not the solution. A bungee is easy to take off and will give you all the open air experience you can ask for.
Our goal is to achieve full coverage from front to back and side to side without any gaps in coverage. Highway performance is also critical and a big part of our design.
Mike

Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop IMG_5428

Thank you for the response. Those are some good pictures too and it does look really open/airy from what I can tell. Can you tell me what color mesh those are in the photos? Looks black but wasn't sure if was the steel or titanium. I think I'm going to go for it 🙌 just need to figure out what color will look best on eruption green OBX :)

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the response. Those are some good pictures too and it does look really open/airy from what I can tell. Can you tell me what color mesh those are in the photos? Looks black but wasn't sure if was the steel or titanium. I think I'm going to go for it 🙌 just need to figure out what color will look best on eruption green OBX :)
Believe it or not it’s black. Black is probably the most transparent followed by white. You would not think so but it must fool the eye or something?
Here is a pic of a blue Raptor shade we just came out with. It’s transparent but you see how the blue colorized everything.
IMG_7497.jpeg
IMG_7490.jpeg

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trying to figure which is better... Had the bestop but returned it after seeing some pics of it looking kinda rough and wrinkly along with the support bar which takes away from the open feeling of having the top down.

Any feedback on which is the better option?
I have the gearshade. It's nice but does have a gap at the front. I would love to have the Jtop if they could figure out one that works with the Bestop Sunrider.

Reactions: OJK

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Believe it or not it’s black. Black is probably the most transparent followed by white. You would not think so but it must fool the eye or something?
Here is a pic of a blue Raptor shade we just came out with. It’s transparent but you see how the blue colorized everything.
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop IMG_7490
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop IMG_7490
Thanks, I put my order in last night for a black soft top, looking forward to getting it on soon! (y)

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I put my order in last night for a black soft top, looking forward to getting it on soon! (y)
Thank you very much. Love to get your thoughts when you get it on.
Mike

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gearshade is really good about offering to sell you new anchor points in case you look at the instructions on your phone like an idiot and ruin the rubber things by putting them in the wrong hole

Ask me how I know :confused:

And yes, the instructions are so simple a dog could install it. 🤦‍♂️

Still, lovely of them to make it totally idiot-proof by offering replacement parts.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sold the factory Ford one and bought a JTOP. Top notch performance on the highway talented and experienced company, super solid customer service. Mine seems slightly loose but doesn't flap on the highway. Solid A would buy again.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold the factory Ford one and bought a JTOP. Top notch performance on the highway talented and experienced company, super solid customer service. Mine seems slightly loose but doesn't flap on the highway. Solid A would buy again.
Hey this is Mike from JTops. Thanks for the feedback.
Give me a call and I can help with some tips on tightening it up.
We are always available to help. Thanks for joining the now over 3,000 Bronco owners who chose Jtops!
Ford Bronco Bimini Shade Gearshade VS JTop Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 11.42.45 AM

Last edited:

rnbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have the Gearshade. It works perfectly to keep the sun off on really hot days and still allows the open air experience. It is very easy to remove at night for star gazing and can be left on when the top is needed.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I threw my gearshade in the trash recently and ordered a JTops. Gearshade looked nice when installed, but didn't last 10 trips with the top open. 4 straps broken and it flapped like crazy. Luckily I never had anyone in the back seat or they would have gotten knocked in the head. Just received my JTops and will install soon.
Sponsored