First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have either of these brands of sun shade? Each end of the cost spectrum. IAG for $70 or the Jtops for $350. JTop looks really nice.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IAGs I-line stuff is just rebranded foreign/chinese products. I personally went with Gearshade, and am very happy with it. JTops is reviewed highly, and probably one of the best options.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have either of these brands of sun shade? Each end of the cost spectrum. IAG for $70 or the Jtops for $350. JTop looks really nice.
Extremely please w/ the Jtops quality and performance...not to mention made in USA.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the JTop, I like it for the most part and it supports American business with American jobs. The other stuff....eh, not so much.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
JTops. Hands down. Night and day difference. I had Bestop for a couple of weeks (sold it) and bought a cheap Amazon (and returned) for our Turo rental in California. The amount of wind, sun and noise reduction is well worth the extra $. Plus, Mike and the Jtops crew offer incredible customer service. You almost don't even notice it's there in terms of the open air experience.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had JTops for a while but the velcro started to peel. I now have Spiderwebshade. It is awesome!

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/bronco
This is Mike from Jtops.
Sorry to hear about the Velcro. The only reason it would peel is improper installation. We have shipped over 1,500 shades to date with very few issues. When they do happen we are happy to send a replacement kit.
Since you brought up Spiderwebshade how is it possible to use the shade on a hardtop? There are no access ports to reach the latches? I assume you have to stretch the sides to reach in and flip them?
There is a lot more to consider in a design than just stretching on a sheet of mesh. Our products are engineered for performance, durability, highway speeds just to name a few.
Ford Bronco IAG or JTop sun shade? 4AFCC0CA-59CC-48C7-98A3-73B9B8D19353

Mike
Owner
JTopsUSA

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had JTops for a while but the velcro started to peel. I now have Spiderwebshade. It is awesome!

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/bronco
They offer new adhesive kits at no charge. They now include promotor too. I think it's important to install velcro at moderate temps and wait a day or so to install the top. I was hasty and didn't wait the day myself...I plan on reinstalling once it warms up in the spring.

I think it also had something to do with the first batch having straps that go around D pillar that they have since removed.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jtops seems to be the best all around. Think that will be my choice. Thanks.

Sponsored

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is Mike from Jtops.
Sorry to hear about the Velcro. The only reason it would peel is improper installation. We have shipped over 1,500 shades to date with very few issues. When they do happen we are happy to send a replacement kit.
Since you brought up Spiderwebshade how is it possible to use the shade on a hardtop? There are no access ports to reach the latches? I assume you have to stretch the sides to reach in and flip them?
There is a lot more to consider in a design than just stretching on a sheet of mesh. Our products are engineered for performance, durability, highway speeds just to name a few.

Mike
Owner
JTopsUSA
I really like the JTops but the velcro did peel even though I followed the instructions to the letter. Saying that the only reason it would peel is improper installation is simply not true. Maybe it was a bad batch of velcro?

I followed the installation video. Cleaned the area thoroughly using the alcohol. Waited 2 days before putting the actual shade on. The temperature when I installed was 70 degrees and was in my garage the entire time. After about 3 months I noticed some slight peeling of the velcro. A month later is was a little worse so I went a different route. Again, the top was fine except for that. One thing I do know, it was installed correctly according to the instructions.

As my signature says, I have a soft top.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is Mike from Jtops.

Mike
Owner
JTopsUSA
I also had the velcro peel on mine, and I also followed the instructions per the video. The spot it peeled for me is at the very rear where it follows the curve of the sport bar (this is on 2 door), I wasn't able to get good adhesion due to the bend. If I were to do it again (which I will at some point) I would cut the strip instead of trying to bend it to follow that curve. Overall great product that I'm really happy with, but just an FYI

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, we are going to add a notch at the tight bend on the 2 door. The 4 door is more gradual so the Velcro lays flatter. It can be easily done in the field and we can send some extra strips if you like.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps us make a better product!

Merry Christmas to you and the family🎅

Mike

lando88

Outer Banks
First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to bump an old thread but I’m wondering how y’all are removing your hard tops when your Bimini top stays installed??

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to bump an old thread but I’m wondering how y’all are removing your hard tops when your Bimini top stays installed??
Depends on which Bimini you have. If you have the OEM (Bestop) one, there are zippers which provide access to the hard top release latches. If you have a JTOPs they sell two versions, one which accommodates access for hard top owners, and another that does not for soft top owners. I don't have any knowledge on the IAG one.
Sponsored