Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Gjeepguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Durango, 2007 JK, 1997 TJ, 1993 YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered a 2023 Jeep Rubicon in Earl Clear Coat on Saturday.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2012 Wrangler only has 38k miles. If it was an automatic, I wouldn't even be trading it.
It'll be our plan B until the Bronco is built. On the plus side of waiting, I'll keep adding money to the pot and by the time it comes, I'll be able to pay cash for it.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to be patient and wait. "Ordered" mine in mid January and was willing to wait however long. Well, dealer gave me the run around until I really pressed them and come to find out they never actually submitted the order despite multiple follow ups. Now I am impatient and pissed at the dealer. I am waiting to hear what they plan to do about the situation, but am debating on what to do as a plan B. I am over my 2008 Ranger at this point.

Could go Rubicon or I might go with something small for now like a focus ST or RS. I want something that is good in the winter and is a manual transmission.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been on the hunt for a used (2018-ish) Subaru Forester for a while. It'd meet my needs, cost half as much as the Bronco, and be cheaper to insure, maintain, etc. Problem is, I'd want a manual and the low-mileage six-speed Foresters are few and far between...

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered a 2023 Jeep Rubicon in Earl Clear Coat on Saturday.
So you waited 7 months and said forget it? I was almost there, but glad I stuck around for 380 days. My wait was short in comparison to some of these good folks here. 830+days... Not sure I'd have that in me.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to be patient and wait. "Ordered" mine in mid January and was willing to wait however long. Well, dealer gave me the run around until I really pressed them and come to find out they never actually submitted the order despite multiple follow ups. Now I am impatient and pissed at the dealer. I am waiting to hear what they plan to do about the situation, but am debating on what to do as a plan B. I am over my 2008 Ranger at this point.

Could go Rubicon or I might go with something small for now like a focus ST or RS. I want something that is good in the winter and is a manual transmission.
You're "semi-close" to Michigan. Do yourself a favor and order with a Michigan dealer like Bill Brown Ford, Varsity Ford or Village Ford in Dearborn. These dealers have good allocation numbers and will definitely order it for you. No matter what dealer you choose, make sure you sit down with them, go over ALL options, have them select them and submit in front of you. Then print the paperwork for you. Do not go back to the dealer you just came from. They are shady no doubt.

Gjeepguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Durango, 2007 JK, 1997 TJ, 1993 YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you waited 7 months and said forget it? I was almost there, but glad I stuck around for 380 days. My wait was short in comparison to some of these good folks here. 830+days... Not sure I'd have that in me.
Yeah. Couple of things.

Current car has 120k miles and I am ready for a new car.

Drove a bronco for a day while mine was in the shop (brother is a dealer and had one on the lot) and had a few concerns/letdowns on the overall build quality and design. Nothing earth shattering but nothing that sealed the deal.

I have always been a jeep guy. Drove a 93 YJ as my first car, had a 97 TJ through college and 2007 JK when we had our first kid. Saw the new Earl clear coat color and decided to order a new one.

Bronco is still on order. We will see when it gets here.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Waiting to see what the new 2024 4Runner and GX460 will look like and if those will actually start shipping in the second half of 2023. The GX would only be a few grand more than the Bronco I ordered, have 70% of the capability and 300% better fit and finish. The rumors about the 2024 4Runner and Tacoma are also intriguing...

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. Couple of things.

Current car has 120k miles and I am ready for a new car.

Drove a bronco for a day while mine was in the shop (brother is a dealer and had one on the lot) and had a few concerns/letdowns on the overall build quality and design. Nothing earth shattering but nothing that sealed the deal.

I have always been a jeep guy. Drove a 93 YJ as my first car, had a 97 TJ through college and 2007 JK when we had our first kid. Saw the new Earl clear coat color and decided to order a new one.

Bronco is still on order. We will see when it gets here.
Right on sounds good. I've always liked jeeps too, but haven't had one since my 79 CJ7
I've ridden in a lot of newer jeeps and man... they are rough riders and one thing that always deterred me was the lack of tech in them. I know a real off-roader doesn't need tech or a 12" screen, but Ford knew how to pimp us sometimes-off-roaders by offering that big screen with all the tech.

My badlands rides almost as good as my wife's Caddy. Unless I am just drinking the kool-aid. hahaha

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Explorer Timberline or Jeep Grand Cherokee L... if my current Explorer dies while I wait. (I know that's not technically the spirit of the thread, but 🤷‍♂️ ) It's been giving me all sorts of "preventative maintenance" stuff in the last few weeks now that it's over 110k miles.

CV Axles, Brake Rotors and Pads, Fluid changes, oh and it threw me a CAT is bad code recently. Already replaced the other one last year...

Understandably even $2k this year in repairs is worth it for not having a car payment while I wait, but it's definitely getting frustrating as the Explorer would have been a 3rd car at that point and not driven as much to need the repairs.

The dream world would be, get either the Timberline or Cherokee to replace the current Explorer, and trade in the wife's CX-9 on the Bronco... but both of those are "too big of vehicles" for her. 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're "semi-close" to Michigan. Do yourself a favor and order with a Michigan dealer like Bill Brown Ford, Varsity Ford or Village Ford in Dearborn. These dealers have good allocation numbers and will definitely order it for you. No matter what dealer you choose, make sure you sit down with them, go over ALL options, have them select them and submit in front of you. Then print the paperwork for you. Do not go back to the dealer you just came from. They are shady no doubt.
I did go in, go over every option, and have them print off the paperwork for me. I am not sure how it didn't actually submit, I had an order and sales code and everything. It is beyond frustrating.

This dealer did have a pretty good reputation. I am not sure exactly what happened, but if they do not do something to make it right I will definitely be putting their name out there and not be dealing with them ever again. Worst part is my wife bought her car from them.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did go in, go over every option, and have them print off the paperwork for me. I am not sure how it didn't actually submit, I had an order and sales code and everything. It is beyond frustrating.

This dealer did have a pretty good reputation. I am not sure exactly what happened, but if they do not do something to make it right I will definitely be putting their name out there and not be dealing with them ever again. Worst part is my wife bought her car from them.
Wow! That’s crazy it didn’t get submitted. If you had an order number / reservation, what’s the explanation on that? I’d be contacting Ford with those numbers and asking them where the bronco is. That’s Ford’s system they enter it into. Something isn’t quite on par here.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! That’s crazy it didn’t get submitted. If you had an order number / reservation, what’s the explanation on that? I’d be contacting Ford with those numbers and asking them where the bronco is. That’s Ford’s system they enter it into. Something isn’t quite on par here.
I did call Ford. When they entered those numbers nothing came up on their end. It is initially how I grilled the dealer into telling me WTF was going on. They said the order would be a 2023 and I said I knew that and that I needed to update it so they could put it in. They said the order banks were closed. I told them it was only closed to people without orders. They said I had to wait, so I called Ford and then everything came crashing down...

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did call Ford. When they entered those numbers nothing came up on their end.
Wow that’s shitty. I’d be screaming higher until I got some traction.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that’s shitty. I’d be screaming higher until I got some traction.
I am unsure what to do after the dealer. I am waiting on an email from them to see what they say. After that, if it is not to my satisfaction, I plan on outing who the dealer is, but outside of that I am not sure what else I can do.
Sponsored