Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check this guy out, glad for him but wth?

Screenshot_20211118-171506_Facebook.jpg
It's hard for me to say, but good for him. But, that right there is the shit that pisses me off when we have 2 dr reservation holders from day one that can't even get a sniff of a build date.
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™d buy something for 10k if you choose right. Youā€™ll retain all of your investment in it . And can sell when the bronco comes .
heck with the current environment. You might make money.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My advice is to order the Bronco you want and don't short change yourself. Get a lease on whatever to hold you over (one that you can sell back at anytime).
Except by ordering the Bronco we want, many of us have been short changing ourselves every selection day since May. Could walk in and order a four door Big Bend soft top tomorrow and easily have it before a two door Badlands reserved in the first 24 hours 16 months ago.

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was in this same spot, had a 13 f150 that was on it's way out, so I bought a '20 ranger to hold me over. I'm fine with my ranger and I am not necessarily in a rush to replace it. I have two orders in, one for a base sasquatch 2.7 with the hard top at chapman, and a base sasquatch 2.7 with a soft top at a local super volume dealership.

I'm playing a game to see which comes first. I'll end up buying them both, selling the soft top, and calling it a day, but whatever. Every time I think about kicking down a level and going base sasquatch 2.3 auto with soft top I remember it's not guaranteed and I'd be stuck with the same 2.3 I don't really love in my ranger and of all the things you can upgrade the engine is the sticking point.

This whole situation is awful. I just want a 4 door bronco with a locker in the yard. I can change everything else myself. I'm driving down today to ask what will help me get built faster.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Meanwhile at Granger... ;) I believe I am still 900+ out.
Can I sit beside you my friend. It's kinda crowed in the back of the room. :)
I'll try and keep the campfire stoked, but the embers will fade. I'm looking at MY'25 at Granger due to Allocation Purgatory.

But I would encourage others who are in for the long wait to come to the realization that reservation timestamp doesn't mean a damn thing in the grand scheme. It is only relevant within your dealer's orders. Those of us at Granger or at similar dealerships with more orders than allocation already know the pecking order. No need to hold tight to the reservation timestamp badge of honor.

Use Ford's system that they have embraced for your own benefit. Find a dealer with more allocation than orders and place a new one. Most don't care about deposits and don't care if you eventually buy the ordered rig. With the lower name-match threshold, it is a low hurdle to clear. They will sell every Bronco they can get their hands on. They really do want a retail order over a dealer stock order. They are limited in what they can order for dealer stock. No such limit on retail order.

I was always willing to travel. I embraced Granger not just for the deal they were offering, but the transparent communication and the manner in how they embraced the Bronco community. I look forward to taking delivery of my originally reserved/ordered Bronco from Zach. I expect to have a Bronco that I'll be trading in for it.

I have multiple identical new orders placed at dealerships. All of them weren't concerned about allocation and expect my new order to be delivered in MY'22. No such guarantee on timing (production, parts constrained, shut downs, blah, blah, blah). But based on the first month of allocation in January that they were given, they felt confident that every order would be built in MY'22. First one that can deliver my new Bronco gets my money and the identical builds will be built to be sold as an abandoned order.

Sponsored

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Motor Company couldn't answer this question, everyone answering on here is just guessing...

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you all for your input. I talked it over with my wife and I think Iā€™ve come up with a strategy that Iā€™m cool with.

Itā€™s a strategy w/contingencies, meaning Iā€™ll take some steps along the way to get to it entail outcomes, but as many statedā€¦

First, talk honestly w/the Dealer. See if there is a potential solution we could mutually benefit from. Worst case scenario, I update my order from Mod to MIC, but keep the 2DR, 2.7L Badlands.

Maybe it is possible to jump ahead & keep my order as is by placing a new (separate) order for a more common 4DR. Iā€™ll need to better understand if a sales tax credit exists, but I may be better served to keep the Mod and get it for my original $1,895 (maybe?) versus the potential +$5K extra + MIC top.

Weā€™ll see. I hope to have an answer this weekend.
Sponsored