Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have any idea on what this could be inside the coolant reservoir? It was definitely on the low side when I noticed this, it is inside the reservoir.

PXL_20230105_005331426.jpg
Sponsored

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ll bump this. Mine is the same. Noticed it looking for a leak as I could smell antifreeze and the coolant was low (which sounds like a ā€˜normalā€™ thing). Mine has 12k miles

Ford Bronco Junk in coolant reservor IMG_7568

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even though things are new, it doesn't surprise me if there is some leftover debris in the cooling circuit. Hell, Jeep had a lawsuite becuase they were leaving so much sand in their blocks, it was clogging up the heater cores (a $3,000 job).

My Bronco also seemed to be loosing AF, so I bought a jug of the premix and kept topping it off. 15k miles now and it seems to have settled....air pockets maybe?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like a little oil stain? It doesnā€™t look big or pervasive - I donā€™t think itā€™s the sign of a bigger issue. My guess would be some part didnā€™t get perfectly clean on install and some of the oil from machining washed out

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Coolants are getting complicated these days with lots of various types/colors which don't mix. You have to be careful about using the right type of coolant
For sure..and what is worse, the color doesn't mean squat! Not all Yellow/orange/rainbow Antifreeze means the same!

When in doubt use distilled water to top it off that 1st time..but after that, just buy the Motorcraft stuff so you know it is right.

Genuine Ford Fluid VC-13DL-G $25

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BNVK1NQ
Sponsored