Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i’m sure this is the one thousandth mud flap post because i read through 900 of them and still can’t find any good information. i’m taking delivery of an obx sas soon and want to do a modification of the cheap $40 ford mud flaps. i don’t want to buy the $400 ones and other posts i see are sasquatch but they don’t have the side steps. does anyone have a good diy walkthrough of how to modify those mud flaps to fit with the side step on a sasquatch? i can’t believe there’s no company making cheap mud flaps yet for sas and rails/side steps

thanks!
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Tempyy

Tempyy

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Weathertech has flaps for the side steps. They are 50 something and no modifications. Some don't like the look but they do work.

Ford Bronco just another mud flap post mud flaps

All the dirt is road spray from slush and sand.
oh yeah i can see why people don’t like that gap, but i mean if they get the job done then 🤷🏼‍♂️

no rock chips or anything with them so far?

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rokblokz is making a set that is quick disconnect so you don't rip them off in the woods or rock crawling. Jeep ones are 250ish.
Ford Bronco just another mud flap post Screenshot_20220314-235913_Samsung Internet

Sponsored

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

oh yeah i can see why people don’t like that gap, but i mean if they get the job done then 🤷🏼‍♂️

no rock chips or anything with them so far?
Weathertech says they only work on Sas....not sure why

For the life of me, I can't seem to find any OBX non-sas mud flaps that will work

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since you did another post about mud flaps, here’s another comment saying that mud flaps are hideous looking and completely overhyped here.

Unless you live down a gravel road, this is dumb.

OP
OP
Tempyy

Tempyy

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rokblokz is making a set that is quick disconnect so you don't rip them off in the woods or rock crawling. Jeep ones are 250ish.
Ford Bronco just another mud flap post Screenshot_20220314-235913_Samsung Internet
i wonder if they’ll have a set that will be compatible with the side step. that’s the biggest problem i’m having is finding ones that’ll fit. even if i do the modification people are doing to fit the sasquatch flares, it still won fit with the side step

OP
OP
Tempyy

Tempyy

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since you did another post about mud flaps, here’s another comment saying that mud flaps are hideous looking and completely overhyped here.

Unless you live down a gravel road, this is dumb.
a lot of people are saying the goodyear tires throw up a ton of rocks and there’s a lot of paint chipping issues. just trying to protect the car

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i wonder if they’ll have a set that will be compatible with the side step. that’s the biggest problem i’m having is finding ones that’ll fit. even if i do the modification people are doing to fit the sasquatch flares, it still won fit with the side step
I believe they are supposed to fit every configuration because they have brackets that mount from the body/frame and not the fender well.

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

a lot of people are saying the goodyear tires throw up a ton of rocks and there’s a lot of paint chipping issues. just trying to protect the car
You have the side steps already, like me, so you’re fine unless you dry on gravel roads often. I have had my Sasquatch in dark ass AMB since August and been off road about twice every month since then and my favorite is speed. Somehow I’ve survived without mud flaps stuck on there all the time looking ridiculous.

OP
OP
Tempyy

Tempyy

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have the side steps already, like me, so you’re fine unless you dry on gravel roads often. I have had my Sasquatch in dark ass AMB since August and been off road about twice every month since then and my favorite is speed. Somehow I’ve survived without mud flaps stuck on there all the time looking ridiculous.
tbh i never thought about the side step kinda adding some protection, but i had a mustang before this and it had wide tires and threw up so many rocks the rocker panels were shot so i’m just trying to avoid that with this one

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I at first thought to myself, I'm not really going to go tear up any trails anytime soon in my Bronco so I probably will never need mudflaps. Then my wife bought us a weekend away at a cabin in the Appalachian mountains last weekend. It snowed about 6 inces in march which was unusual but not unheard of. Turns out the cabin was 1.7 miles down a gravel driveway. Have you ever driven 1.7 miles trying to stay around 5mph for fear of effing up your brand new 2Dr SAS (Rockrails) Bronco....not fun. So yes I think the mudflap posts are quite relevant. Now if I could only find a pair I like. The Weathertech may be necessary until someone makes one without that gap, which I don't like, but I wish I would have had them last weekend. ;o) When is Rockblokz actually going to release theirs. Don't see them on their website?

IMG_6523.jpg

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weathertech says they only work on Sas....not sure why

For the life of me, I can't seem to find any OBX non-sas mud flaps that will work
Maybe lack of crash bars?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Weathertech has flaps for the side steps. They are 50 something and no modifications. Some don't like the look but they do work.

Ford Bronco just another mud flap post IMG_6523

All the dirt is road spray from slush and sand.
The step bars are providing protection on your bronco. I don’t think the weather tech version is low enough to stop every rock. I ordered the weather techs and after measuring up against my cheap genetic flaps I sent them back. I was going yo send them back anyway due to the gap.
Sponsored