First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not that hard to make a paper template and cut the OEMs to suit.
2DAE3FAA-1584-42FF-9089-ACEFC7E5EC2B.jpeg

FD54DE4A-2A0C-44AA-8A49-F053BD763E92.jpeg
Sponsored

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This came off their website in a comment from Rokblokz left yesterday March 15
19 comments
  • Rokblokz March 15, 2022
    All parts are finally in, we are just finalizing the kit so that when it ships it is PERFECT!
    We hear you on the rock chip issues so we are creating multiple sizes so you can find the best fit for your style. There will be 4 size options for non sasquatch vehicles and 2 options for those with the sasquatch package.
    More details and web pages should be available soon.
    Our kit will work with factory rock rails. They should work with the side steps, but we have not yet confirmed this.
    The flaps will be quick release so that you can easily remove them if you get into a crazy trail and dont want to risk ripping the flap off.
Wow, brand new info! Anyone know why you'd need 6 different sizes? Seems like overkill but I'm new to the off-road world of mudflaps

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
didn't some people just switch the side steps left to right which then made it possible to use the cheap flaps from Ford w/o mods? I might remember that wrong, I have the rails and Gatorback flaps (but not from Ford) so never really paid that much attention, but I believe at least some kind of side step works if you just flip them around and to the other side. Might be worth a search here.

I think others just cut the steps a bit short and put the plastic end cap back on, not sure that's what I'd do, could have done the same with my rails, but getting the fitting flaps seemed a bit safer than starting to cut off pieces.
I repositioned my side steps about 2-plus inches back per the pics. I removed the steps, drilled 9mm holes, inserted M6 rivet nuts and then remounted them using the same mounting bolts. Pretty easy. A forum member had posted pics and instructions, which I followed! Now the rear of the side steps are close to the rear tires, like real close! I have the OEM mud flaps, but the directions are terrible! I asked someone else on another thread about inserting a metal clip between the felt liner and the metal body flare, which I thought would scratch it up! I'm thinking of using a rubber washer between the metal clip and felt liner. Still waiting for an answer. Good luck!

Bronco Wheel Well 3.jpg

Bronco Rear Wheel 1.jpg

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow, brand new info! Anyone know why you'd need 6 different sizes? Seems like overkill but I'm new to the off-road world of mudflaps
They've done that in the past, it's a level of protection deal. I've seen them do shortys, regular, and XL flaps so you can choose what suits you best from a looks and protection standpoint.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s not that hard to make a paper template and cut the OEMs to suit.
Ford Bronco just another mud flap post Bronco Rear Wheel 1

I have the OEM flaps, and the instructions are terrible! Is the metal clip to accept the bolt, the one mounted between the felt liner and body flare lip, scratching up the painted body? In the instructions, it's Part No. D.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Woah, I hadn't heard that one yet, thats wild. What flaps did you go with?
OEM Ford ones. Front fit well after I cut hole for rock rails on my Black Diamond but rear didn't fit too well so if I had to do it again I would have just bought fronts as it did definitely keep the rocks away.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you did another post about mud flaps, here’s another comment saying that mud flaps are hideous looking and completely overhyped here.

Unless you live down a gravel road, this is dumb.
I hate mud flaps and think they look hideous as well... But the amount of shit that has hit the side is terrible. Actual inches of snow piled up on the rear flare and door from kickback. Living in a cold climate with salt rocks audibly hitting the side of your new vehicle has been enough to make me capitulate.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the OEM flaps, and the instructions are terrible! Is the metal clip to accept the bolt, the one mounted between the felt liner and body flare lip, scratching up the painted body? In the instructions, it's Part No. D.
The clip goes over the fender, the liner and the body. It holds all three together. You could put something in-between the clip and the if you’re worried. I was ok putting the clip in place as shown in the instructions.

Last edited:

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The clip goes over the fender, the liner and the body, yes. You could put something in-between the clip and the if you’re worried. I was ok putting the clip in place as shown in the instructions.
Thanks!!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I at first thought to myself, I'm not really going to go tear up any trails anytime soon in my Bronco so I probably will never need mudflaps. Then my wife bought us a weekend away at a cabin in the Appalachian mountains last weekend. It snowed about 6 inces in march which was unusual but not unheard of. Turns out the cabin was 1.7 miles down a gravel driveway. Have you ever driven 1.7 miles trying to stay around 5mph for fear of effing up your brand new 2Dr SAS (Rockrails) Bronco....not fun. So yes I think the mudflap posts are quite relevant. Now if I could only find a pair I like. The Weathertech may be necessary until someone makes one without that gap, which I don't like, but I wish I would have had them last weekend. ;o) When is Rockblokz actually going to release theirs. Don't see them on their website?

Great photo!

Where were y’all? (NC Mountains? Wondering if near where I hunt)

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I responded on the other thread but actually I disagree….

yes, the directions are HORRIBLE..

BUT…this step makes clear you pull back the felt for clip “D”….(see the arrow)

D goes over the hole to create a place for the screw but not over the felt too.

now the C clip at the bottom DOES go over the felt, but NOT the D clip

Ford Bronco just another mud flap post C65FA0C5-EF21-4638-BF01-0D797BB1268E

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I responded on the other thread but actually I disagree….

yes, the directions are HORRIBLE..

BUT…this step makes clear you pull back the felt for clip “D”….(see the arrow)

D goes over the hole to create a place for the screw but not over the felt too.

now the C clip at the bottom DOES go over the felt, but NOT the D clip

Ford Bronco just another mud flap post C65FA0C5-EF21-4638-BF01-0D797BB1268E
Thanks! I actually was thinking about that, that the clip/bolt would only be anchored to the felt and nothing else. So you pull the liner out, then you slide the clip to sit on the body fender flare lip, correct? Then the bolt would go through the mud flap, felt liner and then threaded to the clip, which is seated on the lip!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! I actually was thinking about that, that the clip/bolt would only be anchored to the felt and nothing else. So you pull the liner out, then you slide the clip to sit on the body fender flare lip, correct? Then the bolt would go through the mud flap, felt liner and then threaded to the clip, which is seated on the lip!
Also, I wasn't going to drill a hole in the wheel well flare....hopefully the slide-on clips hold it in place....others on the forum said they didn't drill either.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct

you don’t actually “pull it out” the felt will pull back easily

insert the clip, then the felt will fall right back on top.

the D clip is for the one threaded bolt

so I did NOT follow the final step of drilling 1/4” holes in the fender for the plastic clips

I feel like the side clips (the C ones) are strong enough.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, I wasn't going to drill a hole in the wheel well flare....hopefully the slide-on clips hold it in place....others on the forum said they didn't drill either.
Ha!

just typed that !
Sponsored