Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love the fenders! But I have a question about that sun rider top. Is it louder than the hard top panels?
I don't think it's any louder. But I've had it installed for over a year now, so i don't notice the noise anymore.

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Who else thinks Ford will go with the square fenders on all the 24s? We know they monitor these forums and most people really like them. A feature I love that rarely gets mentioned on the 2 door only you get that cool little line over the rear wheel well that is a shout out to the original Bronco.
Ford Bronco Just installed the Bestop fender flares 23 heritage side

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I glanced at the picture as I was scrolling the front page and I thought it was a Jeep at first. Then I looked closer.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was thinking of trying that. Just wanna give then a test drive first. But yes, something matte black for sure. Not sure if PPF would stick. 🤔
This is a good example when plasti-dip would be perfect. Just spray a few coats on and you're good. If you get any tears just spray some more on. Nobody will ever notice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a good example when plasti-dip would be perfect. Just spray a few coats on and you're good. If you get any tears just spray some more on. Nobody will ever notice.
I'm definitely gonna try that. I have some on the way for another project anyway.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm definitely gonna try that. I have some on the way for another project anyway.
I'm a big fan of plasti-dip, I can't tell you how many wheels and emblems I've painted. If there's ever need for touch up and it's in a noticeable area you can use paint thinner on a latex glove and just do a couple wipes across the damaged area so the edges smooth down then add more dip. They sell a dip fix kit which has whatever their formulated solution is if you don't want to use paint thinner.

One recommendation though- try not to plasti dip anything if there is high humidity... you'll end up with a very fuzzy finish.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a big fan of plasti-dip, I can't tell you how many wheels and emblems I've painted. If there's ever need for touch up and it's in a noticeable area you can use paint thinner on a latex glove and just do a couple wipes across the damaged area so the edges smooth down then add more dip. They sell a dip fix kit which has whatever their formulated solution is if you don't want to use paint thinner.

One recommendation though- try not to plasti dip anything if there is high humidity... you'll end up with a very fuzzy finish.
Lol! I'm in Tx. All we have is high humidity.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol! I'm in Tx. All we have is high humidity.
Haha I am too... I painted a set of wheels old fashioned gold one night outside, one side at a time... during that time weather started to roll in and the humidity went way up.

The next day I go to check out my work and one side was a nice shiny gold, the other side was matte brown and had peach fuzz to the touch. 🤡

Since then I only do plasti dip outside if the humidity is low, or in a garage with the door to the house open so there's some sort of climate control.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No lift before and after,

but it definitely makes it look taller. They are 35" toyo tires.
love the look of your Bronco! Which toyos are those? No lift and no rubbing with the 35s? No wheel spacers either? That is the perfect look in my opinion. My favorite Stock Bronco wheels too!

good job man. 👍🏼

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

love the look of your Bronco! Which toyos are those? No lift and no rubbing with the 35s? No wheel spacers either? That is the perfect look in my opinion. My favorite Stock Bronco wheels too!

good job man. 👍🏼
Thanks!
Toyo open country A/T tires. I put a 2 inch level kit on it about a year and a half ago. No rub, but I did have to put 1.5 inch spacers. There was a slight rub at full lock before the spacers. No extra lift between the before and after fender pics though.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haha I am too... I painted a set of wheels old fashioned gold one night outside, one side at a time... during that time weather started to roll in and the humidity went way up.

The next day I go to check out my work and one side was a nice shiny gold, the other side was matte brown and had peach fuzz to the touch. 🤡

Since then I only do plasti dip outside if the humidity is low, or in a garage with the door to the house open so there's some sort of climate control.
I ordered some hyperdip for my rims in matte black. I'm gonna try it out on the underside of the flares and if it turns out ok, I'll post a pic.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Color matched KBD flares are on my list... Paint works wonders...

Ford Bronco Just installed the Bestop fender flares FB_IMG_1679030136858

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Color matched KBD flares are on my list... Paint works wonders...

Ford Bronco Just installed the Bestop fender flares FB_IMG_1679030136858
I looked into those. Almost got them instead, but read a few posts about the install not going well and having to get parts remade.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The flares on the Heritage model look great, but those are actually different fenders, as well as different flares. That's a bummer, no easy way to swap there.

The Bestop flares are probably as good as it gets, if you want the squared off flare look without having to change out the fenders as well.
Didn't ford market the fenders are super easy to unbolt and swap out? (Or was that just the front?)

Could always just buy heritage fenders and flares for the streets and throw on the ugly round fenders for weekends on the trails.
Sponsored