First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were real close on this one. Thinking of even getting it through the Ford site using the 20% discount this month and hoping to use the Ford points but, upon trying to choose shipping, I see it cannot be delivered to AZ so might have to go through another site and not use the points :/
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't mind the look of the factory soft top. The wavy windows don't bug me. That being said though, the Bestop is much better looking and the slant back is awesome even if it gives the bronco a range rover HSE look.

I also have not found the factory soft top cumbersome to operate at all but I've also spent time in jeeps from CJs on and if you've dealt with those tops the bar is pretty low. I can go from top all the way down to buttoned up with windows in less than 5 minutes.

Noise in going to be comparable in both tops.

Which - I just cannot sacrifice top down enjoyment for slightly better looks. There is a big difference between top down and just putting it back.

The trade off isn't worth it for me, but the look is sweet.

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't mind the look of the factory soft top. The wavy windows don't bug me. That being said though, the Bestop is much better looking and the slant back is awesome even if it gives the bronco a range rover HSE look.

I also have not found the factory soft top cumbersome to operate at all but I've also spent time in jeeps from CJs on and if you've dealt with those tops the bar is pretty low. I can go from top all the way down to buttoned up with windows in less than 5 minutes.

Noise in going to be comparable in both tops.

Which - I just cannot sacrifice top down enjoyment for slightly better looks. There is a big difference between top down and just putting it back.

The trade off isn't worth it for me, but the look is sweet.
doesnt jeep have some slant backs that allow the top to fold all the way down behind the tire or am i mistaken?

BroncoDr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot overstate how much nicer it is the run the factory soft top all the way down vs just half open. I’ve been running the top completely open whenever it’s not raining this spring and it’s so nice. The wind noise is significantly less than with the top half open. And I’ve run the top completely open up to 90 mph and regularly highway commute with it open.

I don’t feel comfortable with highway driving with the top halfway open since it forces too much air down into the cabin. I’d be concerned that would be the case too with the Bestop.

milnicks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think its worth noting that the Bestop appears to have a larger opening compared to the OEM "half open" mode. Also, the pile of material sitting on top when open looks to be a bit less "erect" (for lack of a better term, LOL) on the Bestop. Comparison photo below.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback soft top finally installed Top Compariso

I switched from hard top to the Bestop at the beginning of spring, and love it so far. The slant angle is far less aggressive than many of the Jeep slantbacks, and after a couple months I have grown to think it looks a lot nicer than the OEM (which I still think looks pretty good). Have run it on the highway without issue. I always climb in the back and tuck the material between the top headliner and roll bar so it isn't dangling over the rear headrests - makes for much less wind resistance on the open top.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

doesnt jeep have some slant backs that allow the top to fold all the way down behind the tire or am i mistaken?
The broncos safety cage gets in the way, I think

DennerJohn

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, C7, MBe300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got the weather nice enough to get the MIC top off and the new Bestop soft top on. Easy install overall if you are hands on at all. Bestop YouTube video will be your best option along with the installation manual. I’d say it was about 3 hours and a bit for me to get it on once I verified all parts were present once unpacked. Very nice tight fitting too with far superior to the awful looking factory top. It will be on from now until late October early November so not a big deal to do this twice a year in my mind.

But can you retract it all the way back to the tail gate? I haven't seen that it will do that. That's important to me for the fully retracted look. Next best to complete removal.

DennerJohn

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, C7, MBe300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But can you retract it all the way back to the tail gate? I haven't seen that it will do that. That's important to me for the fully retracted look. Next best to complete removal.
Never mind. If I had read through the entire thread I would have had my answer. I like the improved looks overall but I would like it better with full retraction. Enjoy.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This top is great. It’s quiet and even has zippered overhead storage in front. I don’t work for Bestop.
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback soft top finally installed 519EAC73-1A66-465E-B313-389C5A870FD8

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good.

A feature I would like to see added to the softop aftermarket is a way to open the soft top while still seated. you could push open the top quickly, say at a red light or something like that.
I'm not sure how different the 2dr and 4dr Trektops are, but I can open my 2dr from the driver's seat. It takes some effort though and I have longer than average arms which helps.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone found a good bag that fits the side and rear windows yet? Specifically the 2 door version if anyone has any feedback?

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So... what's the point of a convertible top that doesn't actually fold back?

OP
OP
51Creature

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So... what's the point of a convertible top that doesn't actually fold back?
Well I’d agree but it does fold back, just not behind the rear compartment. Thus leaving room to still store gear more easily. I mean listen, everyone has a taste of what they prefer, but it does open up and you can get the open air if desired. If this one doesn’t appeal to someone they can go with the Ill fitting factory one until another one comes along that suits them. I love the look and it’s fine for my uses.
Sponsored

Last edited: