First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I told my Dealer today when I checked in with them for what I knew was more of the same; “Ford hit a Homerun designing and marketing the Bronco… then they forgot to trot around the bases and didn’t score as far as delivering and producing. “ The longer this mess goes the less likely they ll “win the game”.

If people still waiting cause MY23 doesn’t happen, they get cancelled, lose price protection AND Ford bumps MY 24 pricing then odds are high IMO that many of these folks say ENOUGH, we re done! Honestly couldn’t find fault with anyone making that decision.
Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Although we are doing everything we can", we are a giant corporation capable of so much more.
We are failing in our promise to deliver. Simple as that.
Yes and no, you place a reservation with a dealership with the bare minimum of what you want. Then 6 to 8 months the rig with color and model you want should be allocated. Not very many options on the TRD Pro so as long as the color is right I'll be good. Going to be making a few mods to get it where i want it anyway. Thats why its a race, whoever gets me a ride first gets my money. Been waiting over 2 years and Ford screwed me out of a 2022 when they lied about the MOD top.... The 4runner is way more reliable and a very good ride, so I can live without a bronco and it's issues......
Definitely would have the durability part covered with a 4-Runner. Lots of aftermarket support too. TRD Pro has good suspension too with the Fox shocks. Probably better resale too to be honest. Too many quality issues with Bronco right now.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tow hasn’t been a constraint for two months or more. I’d add it back if you want it.
Tow package is no longer constrained.
Is this confirmed? I just dropped tow last week after watching Jorge at Tomball Ford’s YouTube video explaining constraints. He was saying essentially having tow on your order was like letting people go ahead of you in line. That video was a few weeks old and things change all the time and of course he could be wrong.

I do not want to drop Sasquatch and am considering adding hard top back on at this point. But if tow really is not a big deal anymore I would prefer to have it done and complete from the factory.

But I’m willing to drop tow if that’s the straw that pushes me into 2024 and loses price protection.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this confirmed? I just dropped tow last week after watching Jorge at Tomball Ford’s YouTube video explaining constraints. He was saying essentially having tow on your order was like letting people go ahead of you in line. That video was a few weeks old and things change all the time and of course he could be wrong.

I do not want to drop Sasquatch and am considering adding hard top back on at this point. But if tow really is not a big deal anymore I would prefer to have it done and complete from the factory.

But I’m willing to drop tow if that’s the straw that pushes me into 2024 and loses price protection.
To your point- things change all the time. Based on orders and equipment availability- reported by actual Ford dealers (who are more knowledgeable than most of our dealers)- as of two months ago, tow has not been constrained.

I would not recommend adding hard top back if you're looking for a quicker schedule/ build.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To your point- things change all the time. Based on orders and equipment availability- reported by actual Ford dealers (who are more knowledgeable than most of our dealers)- as of two months ago, tow has not been constrained.

I would not recommend adding hard top back if you're looking for a quicker schedule/ build.
Not necessarily looking for quicker - I just did a big repair on my current car. But do want to be scheduled for a 2023 to keep price protection.

I guess since they roll over into the new model year around the end of October or November that only really gives me about an 8 month window before time runs out.

The calculus is an aftermarket hard top is $6000 and it’s $600 from the factory. So I’m thinking about adding it and just accepting the risk of losing price protection which is about $2800 I believe for me. My current car is paid off and now running well so that’s why I’m thinking about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like I told my Dealer today when I checked in with them for what I knew was more of the same; “Ford hit a Homerun designing and marketing the Bronco… then they forgot to trot around the bases and didn’t score as far as delivering and producing. “ The longer this mess goes the less likely they ll “win the game”.

If people still waiting cause MY23 doesn’t happen, they get cancelled, lose price protection AND Ford bumps MY 24 pricing then odds are high IMO that many of these folks say ENOUGH, we re done! Honestly couldn’t find fault with anyone making that decision.
Simultaneously, the new Tacoma, Land Cruiser, Lexus GX, and possibly a wrangler refresh with the Hurricane motor option will be announced or start production by the 23 balance out date. I (without any knowledge or data) speculate that the Wildtrak will be dropped as a trim in 24 or 25 and the good bits from that trim will made be optional equipment for the Badlands.

So that's my longwinded way of saying I think there could be close to a total defection from the Bronco and Ford for those that get cancelled (especially the WT holdouts like myself). The real question is- will those defections also include a "never-ford" sentiment going forward... That's probably the real damage created by Ford if/ when these orders get cancelled.

Also, there is plenty of time for Ford to change its position and allow PP, private offers and order priority for those that don't make the 23 cut. Between now and the balance out date, the new car market is supposed to soften quite a bit. Add in updated models from Toyota and others that play in this segment and Ford may very well do a PR about-face.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not necessarily looking for quicker - I just did a big repair on my current car. But do want to be scheduled for a 2023 to keep price protection.

I guess since they roll over into the new model year around the end of October or November that only really gives me about an 8 month window before time runs out.

The calculus is an aftermarket hard top is $6000 and it’s $600 from the factory. So I’m thinking about adding it and just accepting the risk of losing price protection which is about $2800 I believe for me. My current car is paid off and now running well so that’s why I’m thinking about it.
Your order will be cancelled and you will lose your place in line as well if you're pushed to 23 so it may restart the waiting game for anyone that doesn't get scheduled. Scheduling is already done through March and most of April (IIRC) already so the balance out date may only be 6 months away- and that date may be accelerated by Ford if they continue to have parts shortages. They are planning to produce the new Mustang for ~18 months and still call it a 2024.

My point- the gamble is real and not without consequences that go beyond pricing.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your order will be cancelled and you will lose your place in line as well if you're pushed to 23 so it may restart the waiting game for anyone that doesn't get scheduled. Scheduling is already done through March and most of April (IIRC) already so the balance out date may only be 6 months away- and that date may be accelerated by Ford if they continue to have parts shortages. They are planning to produce the new Mustang for ~18 months and still call it a 2024.

My point- the gamble is real and not without consequences that go beyond pricing.
The cancellation and restart part is very unclear to me and probably others.

We essentially have already cancelled and reordered twice already - how is 2024 different? As a Granger customer we never really were in line anyway. Thousands of broncos have gone in front of reservation holders including dealer ordered stock. Are they really going to do anything different than what we’re used to? With another price increase it would wind up being a bigger swing than $2800 I suppose. But still within the noise of the value of the hard top.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

You are correct in your thinking. Keep the hardtop! There is little to no chance that Ford won't build your 2023 Bronco.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. A published constraint list from a few weeks ago had the capacity/ordered rate of the tow package at 55/31. I am sure it has changed since then but probably not enough to flip it into a constraint. As far as Jorge's info, he was relying on the fact the tow package showed as a constraint in WBDO upon ordering. Ford stated via a BN webcast that they were aware of the issue and working to correct.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are correct in your thinking. Keep the hardtop! There is little to no chance that Ford won't build your 2023 Bronco.
Thanks - I want to heed the advice of those who stuck it out and ordered exactly what they wanted and say it was worth the wait to not compromise their builds.

But I also want to know how any potential roll over to 2024 would impact me. I know there’s others in the same boat so getting clarification publicly is probably helpful for others too.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I removed tow based on the recommendation from Granger and got pulled that week but then so did everyone else with 7MT. I would have rather had factory tow but in reality, it’s doubtful I’d ever tow anything that required the 7 pin connector. My Lightning could tow like crazy but always used the 7 to 4 adapter. Never once in 25 years did I really need the 7 pin. Tow is easy and cheaper to add afterwards as long as you don’t need the 7 pin. Biggest issue could be electric brakes being put on lighter trailers these days.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The cancellation and restart part is very unclear to me and probably others.

We essentially have already cancelled and reordered twice already - how is 2024 different? As a Granger customer we never really were in line anyway. Thousands of broncos have gone in front of reservation holders including dealer ordered stock. Are they really going to do anything different than what we’re used to? With another price increase it would wind up being a bigger swing than $2800 I suppose. But still within the noise of the value of the hard top.
Orders that carried over from 2021 and 22 were COVPd. Ford is saying they won't do that anymore after this model year. Whatever priority you did/ are receiving based on reservation or order date is not going to be observed in 2024 based on Ford's communication via this and prior official emails. Because of that- you could end up at the back of the line with no prioritization.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks - I want to heed the advice of those who stuck it out and ordered exactly what they wanted and say it was worth the wait to not compromise their builds.

But I also want to know how any potential roll over to 2024 would impact me. I know there’s others in the same boat so getting clarification publicly is probably helpful for others too.
I called Granger to change my order from baseSquatch to Badlands, but was told I was previewing and the system didn't allow it. Got scheduled next day with SAS & MIC. I love Granger, but they were the egregious dealer in the U.S.. in terms of taking too many Bronco orders. Even so, they had 112 orders scheduled in one day last month including EVERY Base and MT Bronco on their list regardless of whether or not they had SAS or MIC. Some folks that took the $2500 deal there did NOT get scheduled and would have had they not succumbed to the pressure.

After all that, it became apparent to me that Ford is doing everything they can to get everyone built in MY23. If I still wasn't scheduled, there is no way I'd drop things I want, SAS and MIC drops are non-starters, living without LUX,,, who cares. I cannot imagine a scenario where Ford leaves 5000 order holders out of an original 125,000-ish dangling in the wind come November. It doesn't make any sense. Enough people have switched or cancelled already to make ford's life easier, so stick to your guns,,, don't compomise!

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called Granger to change my order from baseSquatch to Badlands, but was told I was previewing and the system didn't allow it. Got scheduled next day with SAS & MIC. I love Granger, but they were the egregious dealer in the U.S.. in terms of taking too many Bronco orders. Even so, they had 112 orders scheduled in one day last month including EVERY Base and MT Bronco on their list regardless of whether or not they had SAS or MIC. Some folks that took the $2500 deal there did NOT get scheduled and would have had they not succumbed to the pressure.

After all that, it became apparent to me that Ford is doing everything they can to get everyone built in MY23. If I still wasn't scheduled, there is no way I'd drop things I want, SAS and MIC drops are non-starters, living without LUX,,, who cares. I cannot imagine a scenario where Ford leaves 5000 order holders out of an original 125,000-ish dangling in the wind come November. It doesn't make any sense. Enough people have switched or cancelled already to make ford's life easier, so stick to your guns,,, don't compomise!

I wonder if *adding* hard top back at this point is rocking the boat or if it really doesn't make a difference if my number hasn't been drawn yet either way.
Sponsored