Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, I know this sounds argumentative, but I think I am factual.

My reservation and order had fine print about them being able to deliver and that there were no guarantees other than you will get one.........albeit eventually.

That email, If I am not mistaken, doesn't say they cannot honor their offer.......they can and will, but you will just have to wait. They are just giving you suggestions and options on how you can get A / some Bronco sooner. Had they said you will get one with the equipment offered/ordered at an agreeable price and by a specified date, you might have something to stand on. Again, their fine print will always give them an out here.

I know you are pissed.........and I was as well for waiting more than 860 days for mine to arrive......but that email response is just going to go nowhere and won't change anything.
But they are not honoring their offer of price protection. If we don't get built in 23 we get thrown into the mix of all new orders for 24 and at a much higher price. You may eventually get the Bronco you want, but it won't be at the price you agreed to.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What grinds me is that if "we don't get our builds" this MY, we start all over? Lose out private offers? Go back into the abyss? It's ground hog's day all over again!

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, I know this sounds argumentative, but I think I am factual.

My reservation and order had fine print about them being able to deliver and that there were no guarantees other than you will get one.........albeit eventually.

That email, If I am not mistaken, doesn't say they cannot honor their offer.......they can and will, but you will just have to wait. They are just giving you suggestions and options on how you can get A / some Bronco sooner. Had they said you will get one with the equipment offered/ordered at an agreeable price and by a specified date, you might have something to stand on. Again, their fine print will always give them an out here.

I know you are pissed.........and I was as well for waiting more than 860 days for mine to arrive......but that email response is just going to go nowhere and won't change anything.
Glad you got your Bronco and apparently you got it configured to your satisfaction.
Thats great.
Ford is however advising customers to reconfigure their order(s) in a manner that does not meet everyone’s satisfaction.

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Happens if You Don’t Take One of These Actions?

If you take no action and leave your order as is, and your Bronco cannot be delivered as a 2023 model year, your order will be canceled. You will then need to place a 2024 model year order at the 2024 model year pricing.
We will not be placing a 2024 order if we don't get built this year. Only been a year for us, but that is more than enough time to get a build date. I don't see how early reservation holders are still hanging around.

I checked inventory using the link in the e-mail. Two 2 doors within 100 miles - Big Bend and Outer Banks with few options. I have been checking Autotrader and CarGurus as well - still marked up ~$15K. My wife doesn't want to settle and won't consider paying ADM.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Entitlement levels off the charts. Do we have a special name for Bronco Karens?
Lol..Its a damn shame that some people believe in principles like
“Say what you mean and mean what you say”
“Under Promise and Over Deliver”

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait or don’t wait, up to each person. What chaps me is no price protection and you re SOL if still waiting once 2024 s start building. That friends is not a good way to treat loyal customers who ve waited, waited and waited some more …JMHO

Sponsored

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol..Its a damn shame that some people believe in principles like
“Say what you mean and mean what you say”
“Under Promise and Over Deliver”
All they are asking us to do is to change our order to a vehicle we don’t want, seems simple. Haaaaaa !

zrockin

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Midnight
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also received same mail, I am choosing no action because I don’t think I will be satisfied with what I get after making the changes. And it’s an expensive purchase (for me).

What other alternatives do I have, if I get a refund then I will have to wait for order banks to open and put in a new order. And who knows if they would have these items like hard-top and lux in the offerings.

At least with my order still in the system I have some hope (however small) that if the constraints gets resolved then I might get the bronco I wanted.

Does anybody else here in the forum shares this opinion?

The first email stated the following:

"If you take no action and leave your order as is, and your Bronco cannot be delivered as a 2023 model year, your order will be canceled. You will then need to place a 2024 model year order at the 2024 model year pricing."

I would have to believe if you don't do anything you're cancelling your order.

drewbird03

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (2011)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wasn’t going to change either. But I was tired of waiting and started searching around for any available inventory. Saw what I wanted plus more about 5 hours away. I canceled my order and after rebate was about 1k over MSRP. It was worth it to me.
2023 2 door wildtrack with Lux

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But they are not honoring their offer of price protection. If we don't get built in 23 we get thrown into the mix of all new orders for 24 and at a much higher price. You may eventually get the Bronco you want, but it won't be at the price you agreed to.
I haven't followed the PP stuff for MY23 and beyond, so not sure how that is working, but I am pretty sure what people perceive as the PP is not true price protection to what was agreed to. PP was offered in a dollar value tier by mode/trim that was a standardized way to accommodate their cost increases. I hate to sound like I am defending Ford's cluster fuck of a situation here, but at some point they just needed to cut that out. I would have hoped they would honor it to early reservation holders and such but where is that line drawn? I just don't think that is reasonable to extend true price protection indefinitely. If I were a small business owner and had offered something similar and my costs were going up and up and up as they have......with no real understanding of how much and for how long.......I might also make a choice to say sorry as well. Ford has deep pockets, so this is a risk management exercise.....but the fine print and the likelihood of end customers being successful in fighting this.......well, that has been part of their risk management strategy that I think has resulted in their policy changes and such. We don't like it, but at some point it just had to change IMO. That time is now, unfortunately.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Knittel, Bingo !! You can wait even more and pay even more …. Not all but many folks are probably about “filled up” if you know what I mean.

Unfortunate, and for Ford as much as the customer. They will lose some of their customers no doubt.
Sponsored