Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all well got my son out with me today and replaced all the speakers to the reference 4032cfx, huge improvement with just them. Then got our wiring from plugnplay today and installed the kicker key. Ran out of time to install the subwoofer but it still sound a lot better and worth the $$ I believe.
I decided to install the key under the console area all the way forward. It fit nice. I do have to go back in and use some heavy duty Velcro as I do not want to drill into my floor. I have it duct taped down for a few days until I get time. I did use the boom mat pods these speakers already have capacitors on them and when I wired in the skar 300hz blockers I got no sound at all so there’s $20 wasted. In this picture it is just resting there but it ticks up even farther nicely
Ford Bronco Kicker key install optional location. 8F5C2E5F-46B0-4FFD-9063-3B712B4766D5
Ford Bronco Kicker key install optional location. E806970B-4BA6-417D-AF46-25A271863F3B
Sponsored

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really easy unbolt the handle then everything just has clips. The front little panel under the hvac controls has to come off first then gently start at the back of the console. I used a plastic trim tool but I guy could use old credit card to slide in the slot then pull up. You do have to unplug the goat mode connector. And release the four clips on the gear shift boot. Again a credit works well. There was a post on here somewhere that I followed.

UpstateNY585

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone installed a Kicker Key without using the plug and play kit? I have the amp, and all weekend to work on a project. I already replaced all of my speakers, now ready to add the Kicker Key. I'm fine with splicing and soldering wires, just curious if anyone has done it and had any tips.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone installed a Kicker Key without using the plug and play kit? I have the amp, and all weekend to work on a project. I already replaced all of my speakers, now ready to add the Kicker Key. I'm fine with splicing and soldering wires, just curious if anyone has done it and had any tips.
Use this diagram. I had a plug and play for my sub but then added the kicker key to it because they were out of stock on the key amp harness.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...aspx?conn=C240A&book=EML&lang=EN-US&version=2

Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So on top of the trans tunnel? Might be a decent amount of heat there. And heat isn't friendly to electronics.
Sponsored