Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Plug n Play harness should be showing up today in the mail, but I had a question-How are you providing power to the Key 500 Amp? Are you tapping into the battery or someplace else?
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’ll have to run power from the battery for the 500.1.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Plug n Play harness should be showing up today in the mail, but I had a question-How are you providing power to the Key 500 Amp? Are you tapping into the battery or someplace else?
That's literally what the plug n play harness is for. You don't have to wire ANYTHING to the amp. You unplug one harness from the OEM stereo. You plug one end of the plug n play harness to the stereo, another plugs into the factory plug you removed. Then you plug the harness into the 2nd piece of the harness which has two connectors which goes directly to the 200.4 Kicker amp.

It provides power, ground and speaker level input etc. You don't have to wire anything.

Personally I'd be PISSED if I spent money on a dedicated harness and I had to wire something up after the fact.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's literally what the plug n play harness is for. You don't have to wire ANYTHING to the amp. You unplug one harness from the OEM stereo. You plug one end of the plug n play harness to the stereo, another plugs into the factory plug you removed. Then you plug the harness into the 2nd piece of the harness which has two connectors which goes directly to the 200.4 Kicker amp.

It provides power, ground and speaker level input etc. You don't have to wire anything.

Personally I'd be PISSED if I spent money on a dedicated harness and I had to wire something up after the fact.

I have the Key200.4 up front and the 500 is going in the back to power the sub. I don't think the P&P harness (I have 11-4 kit coming) has power to the rear-thus my question.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the Key200.4 up front and the 500 is going in the back to power the sub. I don't think the P&P harness (I have 11-4 kit coming) has power to the rear-thus my question.
Did you change the title to your thread?
If not, I need another cup of coffee. I SWEAR the title stated 200.4 and now it says 500.

Either way, my mistake. I just installed the 200.4 and replacement kick and dash speakers. I'm shopping subs now, but I'm not willing to sacrifice any rear space (2 door and I'm building a cargo floor / drawer and removing rear seats) so I'm likely going to a powered sub.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you change the title to your thread?
If not, I need another cup of coffee. I SWEAR the title stated 200.4 and now it says 500.

Either way, my mistake. I just installed the 200.4 and replacement kick and dash speakers. I'm shopping subs now, but I'm not willing to sacrifice any rear space (2 door and I'm building a cargo floor / drawer and removing rear seats) so I'm likely going to a powered sub.
Nope always been Key 500 :)

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So another dumb question on power-I just saw that the battery seems to have a positive "bus bar" that I could hook the amp into that also has a fuse on it-can I just use one of the posts there to hook power to the amp to? Also what size nut do I need for that?

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So another dumb question on power-I just saw that the battery seems to have a positive "bus bar" that I could hook the amp into that also has a fuse on it-can I just use one of the posts there to hook power to the amp to? Also what size nut do I need for that?
Just put the terminal connector under one of the existing bolts.

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
M5 for one, M6 for the other.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're using your own wiring to power, make sure to put a fuse on it! Near the battery side.
Even if there were a fuse between that bar and the battery, still fuse your wire :)

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you're using your own wiring to power, make sure to put a fuse on it! Near the battery side.
Even if there were a fuse between that bar and the battery, still fuse your wire :)
Within 18" of the battery iirc
Sponsored