Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my kings in custom color
Did you order direct from king?

What was the lead time they gave you for something like that?
Sponsored

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I ordered directly with King, but you can order custom build with most King dealers. ETA is 4-6 months, but we will see. I confirmed that custom order builds go through a completely separate assembly line. So they may finish a bit quicker than off the shelf builds. We will see, though.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered directly with King, but you can order custom build with most King dealers. ETA is 4-6 months, but we will see. I confirmed that custom order builds go through a completely separate assembly line. So they may finish a bit quicker than off the shelf builds. We will see, though.
I figured that since most times, Kings, Icon, Fox... etc. you are going to have to rebuild them, so I wanted a custom color also, so I just ordered the shocks, and with some help (first time tearing them apart), I now know how to do it, and made a special tool for the top hat to boot. Took them apart, anodized them "RED" , 3 coats of UV clear (easier to clean), and installed them. Powder Coated (properly) the coils black, used some Tech-Flex sleeving and shrink wrap for the hoses (new hoses, why change), made some color matching aluminum badges, and I think they turned out pretty good. They match all the RPG "RED" annodized parts so together, truck rides and performs just the way I had hoped.
Early pic.... just showing the King's and UCA...... yes, Tie rods, rear upper and lower are also done.
Ford Bronco King 2.5 Coilovers + Camburg Control Arms just installed. Review = LOVE IT! image2 (33)

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We just got 2 sets in if you are interested in gabbing a set, they will be gone fast!

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I figured that since most times, Kings, Icon, Fox... etc. you are going to have to rebuild them, so I wanted a custom color also, so I just ordered the shocks, and with some help (first time tearing them apart), I now know how to do it, and made a special tool for the top hat to boot. Took them apart, anodized them "RED" , 3 coats of UV clear (easier to clean), and installed them. Powder Coated (properly) the coils black, used some Tech-Flex sleeving and shrink wrap for the hoses (new hoses, why change), made some color matching aluminum badges, and I think they turned out pretty good. They match all the RPG "RED" annodized parts so together, truck rides and performs just the way I had hoped.
Early pic.... just showing the King's and UCA...... yes, Tie rods, rear upper and lower are also done.
Ford Bronco King 2.5 Coilovers + Camburg Control Arms just installed. Review = LOVE IT! image2 (33)
that came out really good! Nice job!
BTW what do you mean by powdercoating the coil the "proper" way?
I do know that if not done correctly you can mess up the integrity of the coil.
How exactly did you have it done?

Sponsored

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that came out really good! Nice job!
BTW what do you mean by powdercoating the coil the "proper" way?
I do know that if not done correctly you can mess up the integrity of the coil.
How exactly did you have it done?
Thanks.....
Some shops use too much heat, as they don't realize that springs are hardened at different rates. There are alot of PC shops that just think all are the same. Anyone that is going to powdercoat there coils should do there research into the shop that is doing it. Some guys on here may not realize that, so just pointing that out.

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks.....
Some shops use too much heat, as they don't realize that springs are hardened at different rates. There are alot of PC shops that just think all are the same. Anyone that is going to powdercoat there coils should do there research into the shop that is doing it. Some guys on here may not realize that, so just pointing that out.
yup, that's why King doesn't even mess with PC of the coils when you custom order. They will customize everything else but that.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks.....
PC should be baked well below the tempering point of Cr-Silicon spring wire. Range of around 400-500*F bake. Tempering of coils should be north of 900*F.

Sponsored
OP
OP
99cade99

99cade99

Badlands
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looking really good! I ordered my kings in custom color, and decided to stay on 35's as well. Are you on 18 inch wheels or 17's?
17" wheels. I hope you are patient with King = 13+ months

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every thing I see says Kings adjustable height is 0"-2", but I'm not sure if that is over base or Sasquatch. Anyone know for sure how high these can be adjusted to?

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every thing I see says Kings adjustable height is 0"-2", but I'm not sure if that is over base or Sasquatch. Anyone know for sure how high these can be adjusted to?
I got 2.5" on my non-sas BL with no preload up front with Camburg UCAs. At 2.5" still have tons of droop travel and CVs are fine at full droop. Could definitely go higher. Likely about 3.5"

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got 2.5" on my non-sas BL with no preload up front with Camburg UCAs. At 2.5" still have tons of droop travel and CVs are fine at full droop. Could definitely go higher. Likely about 3.5"
Yeah, I'm looking for 3" over Sas (4" over base) for mine. I'm surprised that Kings is not going with the same amount as their competitors (Fox, Icon, Radflo, etc. all say 3" over Sas).
Sponsored