Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New to the forum - first post.

I just installed set of King 2.5 coil overs - adjustable w/Camburg (tubular) Upper A arms front/lower trailing arms rear/adjustable trac bar (BFG mud 35s) on my 2021 Badlands NON SAS. Only had to wait a year on the King's but couldn't be happier with the set-up. I spun an extra 1" on the King's height = 6 turns from factory. Should settle about 1/2" and I will be very happy with the stance. Need to find some whoops to break in and adjust but for now I'm at 15 clicks = mid-way on the adjustment.

The ride is great so far. Still need to dial in after "exercising" them. But having the adjustable knobs is awesome. Thought about 37's but the additional stress on the drivetrain/tie rods just didn't make sense to me. And I personally prefer the clearance in the wells over the bigger tires.

*** I have the factory Bilstein's (3,000 miles) w/2" spacers = 1" higher stance than factory SAS if anyone is interested? $800 + shipping. Hit me up - [email protected] ***

IMG_3976.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 10.08.06 AM.png
What do you estimate the total lift now?
Sponsored

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What was the total cost for the coilover set up? Was just a little confused about the $800 figure 🤷‍♂️ Thanks, looks awesome!!
Believe he is selling his take off shocks for $800;

** I have the factory Bilstein's (3,000 miles) w/2" spacers = 1" higher stance than factory SAS if anyone is interested? $800 + shipping. Hit me up - [email protected] ***

Bronco Buster Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Believe he is selling his take off shocks for $800;

** I have the factory Bilstein's (3,000 miles) w/2" spacers = 1" higher stance than factory SAS if anyone is interested? $800 + shipping. Hit me up - [email protected] ***
Thanks Nick! I'm a little slow!🤷‍♂️

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
looking really good! I ordered my kings in custom color, and decided to stay on 35's as well. Are you on 18 inch wheels or 17's?

Sponsored
OP
OP
99cade99

99cade99

Badlands
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looking really good! I ordered my kings in custom color, and decided to stay on 35's as well. Are you on 18 inch wheels or 17's?
I'm on the 17" wheels because as a former Baja racer 80% of your ride is in the rubber. Never understood why folks put 22" rims on a lifted truck - concrete queens I guess???

OP
OP
99cade99

99cade99

Badlands
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a great look. Have you buy chance looked at the CV angle at full droop? I have been debating the exact setup but was concerned about CV bind at full droop. Thanks for posting
Well thats's a good point. Haven't got full airborne yet and don't plan to do it often but will get back to you...

OP
OP
99cade99

99cade99

Badlands
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that looks great with the 35’s! I usually see Kings and 37’s but prefer the wheel gap you have. How’s the ride on the street compare to the Bils?
Ride is great!

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm on the 17" wheels because as a former Baja racer 80% of your ride is in the rubber. Never understood why folks put 22" rims on a lifted truck - concrete queens I guess???
I completely agree! I do runs in baja often with my prerunner, and love it! That is part of the reason I stuck with 35's as well.. just changed out the brand of tires. I don't plan on rock crawling the bronco... more high speed runs in baja/desert etc. The weight and functionality of 35's should be more than capable.

Sponsored

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ran King/Camburg setup for a long time on my 2005 Tundra - loved the performance onroad and off. The rebuild every 1.5 years or so sucked though...ended up buying a second pair to rotate through when sending the first off for a rebuild in another city, as the metropolis of Austin has _no_ service centers.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How much were the Camburgs? - front upper and rear links? I was looking at ICONs, but also very pricey. I hear Camburg is just as good. Nice seeing the "hint" of shiny blue in the fenders....haha!!! Then you know it's KINGs!!!!! ALso, from only 1-inch "more" that's higher than I thought. But then again, the KING shock body is already "longer" than the SAS Bilsteins. So looks like you have a 2 inch lift TOTAL.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe Camburg uppers are thicker than Icon. Tubing is higher OD.... I think.

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats! Waiting on a set of Foxes here. Just curious if you use any Tie rod braces? I have the Bronc Buster ones on mine, but I'm not sure if they (or any other ones on the market) will work with 2.5 aftermarket coilovers.
I believe the new Icon tie rods are clearanced for coilovers.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would be curious to know what the articulation is with the Kings. I think the 35's look about right / not overstuffed.
Sponsored