Sponsored

Kodiak's BS, riding around with dogs, day drinking, and sometimes working on the Bronco thread

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any more issues with the tie rod clearance or angles?
How is the ride compared to the factory Sasquatch setup?

Contemplating going with the Icons on a non Sasquatch Badlands.
Currently in MT, 2200 miles into a 3500 mile trip, testing them out. Give me a few more days and I’ll give you my thoughts comparing the two.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got back from a 3900 mile trip to WY and MT. Love my Bronco, but may have to sell. On the way home I became acutely aware that a clock spider has taken up residence in the dash. It is now parked at the house with several glue traps in it. Seriously considering setting off a bug bomb.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Clock spider?

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Googled...oh sh*(. Carry a baseball bat and an interior parts list from @flip.

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any more issues with the tie rod clearance or angles?
How is the ride compared to the factory Sasquatch setup?

Contemplating going with the Icons on a non Sasquatch Badlands.

So, roughly 1000 miles on the stock Hitachis and 10,000 miles on Badlands Bilsteins with 33s, and 4,500 miles on Icons with 35s. My Icons are the IR with no adjustment for valving.

The hitachis are serviceable and not much more. The Badlands Bilsteins were just about perfect for 33s and mixed use of highway and off road. Very good ride on and off road. The Icons seem to have softer springs with more off road articulation but a harsher valved shock that transmits more on road feel.

Having just gotten back from 3900 miles on the Icons of mostly interstate but some mountain two tracks in MT, I can say I am very pleased with the Icons. Very stable on highway at 85mph but soft enough for off road adventures once you get to where you are going. Occasional floaty feeling at top speed on certain roads, but not often. Very stable in curves at speed.

So far I've not had any clearance issues with the Icons, but I don't have any tie rod braces installed, and doubt there is room to as is. Will probably invest in the upgraded Icon tierods once they are available.

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing kept sticking his legs out at various spots while I was driving down the interstate. Can't say I kept my eyes on the road much after that. Was always scanning the dash for an attack.

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spider? Burn that mother f**ker to the ground and buy a new one.

I've had many spiders along for the ride, but nothing this big. The Bronco is currently parked with several glue traps in it. I really hope I catch this thing instead of dreaming of it's eggs hatching in the dash, although even if I do catch it there could already be eggs. Wonder what fair market value is???

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had many spiders along for the ride, but nothing this big. The Bronco is currently parked with several glue traps in it. I really hope I catch this thing instead of dreaming of it's eggs hatching in the dash, although even if I do catch it there could already be eggs. Wonder what fair market value is???
You could try your idea of a bug bomb...I wonder what decaying spider smells like?

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I take one or two trips a year to MT or ID for backcountry hiking/camping trips. This is going into my favorite area of MT about 20 miles north of Yellowstone park. The road continues into the mountains on the right and gets pretty tight before reaching the trailhead. The Bronco is great at long interstate travel but excels on real off road trails once we get there.
A bear we saw from the vehicle. Bears are cool and all, but I've seen enough of them in my lifetime.

Ford Bronco Kodiak's BS, riding around with dogs, day drinking, and sometimes working on the Bronco thread DSC_8587.JPG
Ford Bronco Kodiak's BS, riding around with dogs, day drinking, and sometimes working on the Bronco thread bear2.JPG

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's probably nesting right on top of the APIM behind the 8" screen. Good thing I printed out that dash assembly process for you. 😄

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally disconnected the sway bar and zip tied it up out of the way. Made a huge difference in articulation and keeping all 4 tires on the ground, as well as keeping the body more level going over obstacles. The front sway bar is just way too restrictive and will be disconnected when off-roading from here on out.

This is an area that before I could lift a front and rear tire at the same time and just teeter back and forth. With sway bar disconnected I couldn’t even get one tire completely clear of the ground.

Ford Bronco Kodiak's BS, riding around with dogs, day drinking, and sometimes working on the Bronco thread 26140825-9FE8-483A-9A8B-664DA8C71B56

Still loving the Icons.

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally disconnected the sway bar and zip tied it up out of the way. Made a huge difference in articulation and keeping all 4 tires on the ground, as well as keeping the body more level going over obstacles. The front sway bar is just way too restrictive and will be disconnected when off-roading from here on out.

This is an area that before I could lift a front and rear tire at the same time and just teeter back and forth. With sway bar disconnected I couldn’t even get one tire completely clear of the ground.

Ford Bronco Kodiak's BS, riding around with dogs, day drinking, and sometimes working on the Bronco thread 26140825-9FE8-483A-9A8B-664DA8C71B56

Still loving the Icons.
I noticed in the service manual that the lower bolts holding the link to the bar are single use only…probably not detrimental - but, figured I’d mention it.
Sponsored