Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like it's spent 5 years in the rust belt, and is using the Bushwackers to hide the fender rot.
That’s not right… The Braptor hasn’t even been out that long…

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't know Ford invented fender flares.

You learn something new everyday!
I don't think he's implying Ford invented the flare.
I think it's more the idea of making them so freaking huge they are beyond stylish and past tasteless and tacky as they have moved solidly into the realm of trailer trash/ renegade redneck 4X4.
This is why referring to them as kiddie pool flares gets some members blocked from the Raptor threads.
They are referencing this beaut ...

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm glad I searched the forums here first -- otherwise I would have been scolded for starting a new thread.

But, new Bronco competitor just dropped.

This thing looks dope AF. Probably can add a snorkel and drive through 2" deep puddles in the Costco parking lot, if you can get up the inclined entry to the parking lot.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I assumed the flares on the Lamborghini were added in the aftermarket. Holy crap, they're OEM. Gross.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are several reasons why converting a racing car into an off-road vehicle may not be a good idea.

First, racing cars are typically designed and built for speed and performance on a smooth, flat track, and may not be suited for off-road conditions such as rough terrain, mud, or steep inclines. Racing cars often have low ground clearance and are not equipped with features such as four-wheel drive or high-traction tires that are necessary for off-road driving.

Second, racing cars are usually not built to withstand the stresses and strains of off-road driving, and may not be able to handle the rough and rugged terrain. This can lead to costly repairs or even damage to the vehicle, which may make it unsafe to drive.

Finally, converting a racing car into an off-road vehicle may not be cost-effective, as it may require significant modifications and upgrades to the vehicle's suspension, wheels, tires, and other components. This can be expensive and may not be worth the investment in the long run.

Overall, it is generally more practical and cost-effective to purchase a vehicle that is specifically designed and built for off-road driving, rather than trying to convert a racing car into an off-road vehicle.