Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. I was waiting on that 2-door with a 6.5' bed. I do not care for 4 door trucks or super short beds.
Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was close to getting one. I still may in the future based on towing capability. Going to wait to see what shakes out in the EV world over the next few years first though.

The Gladiator with this bed cap is what almost got me:
Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677852463191

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never owned a pickup truck, haven't had the need to own one and don't plan to. The few times I've needed one, I've either borrowed or rented one. In my mind, pickups are practical vehicles which is the opposite from a Wrangler/Bronco. The Wronco is a cool looking legacy vehicle, especially in 2 door form which is what makes them desirable, it's also rarely the only vehicle in a household.
On paper, a Wronco pickup seems like a great idea but the Gladiator just looks wrong to me.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s essentially the most expensive midsize truck in the segment but also doesnā€™t do anything particularly well and has all the shortcomings of the JL like being loud, not tracking well because of the steering and SFA, anemic engine etc.

I learned this lesson as a kid when my parents bought a Microwave/Toaster Oven combo. It performed neither task well. :LOL:

People who are in the truck market buy trucks. People in the Jeep market buy Wranglers. The Gladiator is the Microwave/Toaster of vehicles.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t think it would be a positive for Ford and the Bronco line. It would be some rigged up looking contraption. Already a hint of it with the little triangle for window on rear door order the 4 door. Design flaw there.
Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677852988339

Ford should not have brought back the Ranger but instead waited and designed a Bronco based pick-up to debut at the same time as the Bronco. Then they could have named it the Bronco - Ranger and still be on brand all the way around. But I get it, small pickups were making a comeback and Ford wanted back in on the game. The current gen Ranger was already being built overseas so the parts and supply chain was already in place so it was an easy layup.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IMHO, they are just plain ugly with anything less than 35's. With 37's they do the ugly duckling to swan transformation.

If I was into camping, err "Overlanding" I think a built Gladiator diesel would be my choice.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMHO, they are just plain ugly with anything less than 35's. With 37's they do the ugly duckling to swan transformation.

If I was into camping, err "Overlanding" I think a built Gladiator diesel would be my choice.
Thought I was the only one lol.

I haven't seen any other vehicle on the market capable of looking heinously bad in base trim but looking top notch with a minimal modification. Chevy 1500 base trim vs higher trims may be a close second, but gladiator definitely takes the cake.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677852988339

Ford should not have brought back the Ranger but instead waited and designed a Bronco based pick-up to debut at the same time as the Bronco. Then they could have named it the Bronco - Ranger and still be on brand all the way around. But I get it, small pickups were making a comeback and Ford wanted back in on the game. The current gen Ranger was already being built overseas so the parts and supply chain was already in place so it was an easy layup.
Take that concept and have a modular roof system. One that could enclose the bed as needed and I'm in. Lots of room for the dogs, groceries and what not. pull the back third of the top off and pop on the rear window panel just like the roof panels attach and now you have a truck.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Agree, only the Mojave trim looks good. Kind of incredible to think anything less than the top trim is hideous.

Anyone asking Ford to make the same Gladiator mistake is on drugs. These 2 door Bronco pickup renderings will sell about as well as the Thunderbird remake. Thereā€™s just no market outside of ā€œoverlandingā€ for this vehicle, thatā€™s not enough to drive a dedicated model.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I know is during that 18mon I was waiting, there were a LOT of Jeep trucks on the resell lots. Which made me wonder why so many were getting rid of them.
Maybe their Broncos finally arrived? šŸ˜›

I haven't seen any other vehicle on the market capable of looking heinously bad in base trim but looking top notch with a minimal modification. Chevy 1500 base trim vs higher trims may be a close second, but gladiator definitely takes the cake.
From what Iā€™ve seen so far, the 2024 Ranger may fall into that category! šŸ™

My kids will be out of high school in five years, and my wife and I will be moving to a smaller house and downsizing vehicles as well. I will still need a truck to haul motorcycles and building supplies, and to tow trailers, but not to the extent that I do now, so I wonā€™t need a full-size truck.

I would really like a cool midsize truck from Ford, but this new Ranger (at anything less than Raptor level) looks like it may just be the ugly duckling of the midsize lines. Maybe there will be a decent refresh by ā€˜29, but ideally they would make the Ranger look more like a Bronco - including offering both crew cab and super cab, so you can have a longer bed. It would be helpful if you could get some Bronco-like offroad prowess as well, such as offering a Sasquatch packageā€¦

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really hope my wife is ready to drive the Bronco when I go and get my Ranger Raptor in 3-4 years.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

for a vehicle thatā€™s ā€œnot sellingā€ I sure see a shit load of them running around my town.

I myself bought one in 2021 before switching to the Bronco.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 5FAA61D2-7D8F-443E-B969-AB43A028BD94

Cancel the Ranger for this thing? MSRP would be $70k and theyā€™d sell about 12 per year.

Ask yourself this, would Ford trade its Ranger sales for the Gladiator? Your rendering is cool thereā€™s just no market for it. Itā€™s also based on the Wildtrack so imagine how ass ugly the base and big bend models would be! šŸ˜‚

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone asking Ford to make the same Gladiator mistake is on drugs. These 2 door Bronco pickup renderings will sell about as well as the Thunderbird remake. Thereā€™s just no market outside of ā€œoverlandingā€ for this vehicle, thatā€™s not enough to drive a dedicated model.
My Issue with the T-bird remake was that it just sucked as a vehicle. They didn't get the looks right and it was an underpowered dog. In typical Ford fashion they ignored what the enthusiast wanted (go fast sports car with classic styling) and went for what the marketing team thought people wanted (comfortable, slow cruiser with aero influenced styling) and when it wouldn't sell they blamed the consumer for not buying it.

In contrast there is the Bronco which is far, far better than it's predecessor and what the enthusiasts wanted which is currently a huge success.
Sponsored