First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I could get a 392 Rubicon for what my Badlands order costs I might would be interested. I'm just at a loss because there is nothing else that really stands out to me and the wife and I really wanted a fun toy for the summer. It's just ridiculous the way early reservations have been overlooked. I'm even dodging Supercel this year because the more I see Broncos in public the more pissed off I get.
Good thing you don’t live in Moab. Bronco Safari is coming up and last week was Easter Jeep Safari. They have been EVERYWHERE.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looked at a 4xE myself, but a minimum of 10k more for the same capabilities as a BD SAS. Ain't happening
Well it’s more like $7500 with the tax credit. $5k if you’re in TX or some states with additional incentives. Also, there are dealers that discount 4xes so if you order it from the right dealer it might be a wash.

The Badlands/Wildtrak is more fun for higher speed off-roading and it’s roomier, but it’s nice not to buy gas with the 4xe. If your plan is to throw 35s or 37s on then the 4xe becomes harder to justify since your electric range drops off a lot. That being said I took two stock 4xe Saharas out for a 124 mile mixed road drive in Moab (up Potash/Shafer, down Long Canyon) and did 49 miles electric due to the slower speed and large elevation change.

Doing some quick math on the fuel savings over 100k miles at $4.50/gal and 30 mpg vs 17 mpg and you’re at $11472. So the savings may justify the price difference for some.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rented a jeep in salt lake city for a ski weekend last month, 18K miles. It death wobbled on me twice up and down the mountain each day, based upon specific bumps on I-80 that after a few days were very predictable, but stupidly scary. 1940s legacy garbage. A nonsense car in 2022

The infotainment screen was nice though
I have 4 Jeeps and have driven 80 in SLC thousands of times. Pretty sure death wobble is a function of either a bad mod or a defect.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I haven’t seen this mentioned even though I’m sure it has been - wranglers are notorious for having no rain gutters, opening the door to get out in the rain often gives you a waterfall on your head. Looks like it was raining there…Did the Bronco design team do a better job?
JL hardtops have rain gutters. Not sure about the older ones. Pretty sure the Bronco MIC has no rain gutter. It is completely smooth. That being said I think the water tends to flow off the roof towards the back because of channels in the roof. Jeep also has these channels.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well it’s more like $7500 with the tax credit. $5k if you’re in TX or some states with additional incentives. Also, there are dealers that discount 4xes so if you order it from the right dealer it might be a wash.

The Badlands/Wildtrak is more fun for higher speed off-roading and it’s roomier, but it’s nice not to buy gas with the 4xe. If your plan is to throw 35s or 37s on then the 4xe becomes harder to justify since your electric range drops off a lot. That being said I took two stock 4xe Saharas out for a 124 mile mixed road drive in Moab (up Potash/Shafer, down Long Canyon) and did 49 miles electric due to the slower speed and large elevation change.

Doing some quick math on the fuel savings over 100k miles at $4.50/gal and 30 mpg vs 17 mpg and you’re at $11472. So the savings may justify the price difference for some.
The $7.5k tax credit is great, IF you qualify for the full amount. Also it won't help with lowering a monthly payment, even factoring cost of gas you save. Doesn't help anyone if the extra $250/mo makes it unaffordable.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JL hardtops have rain gutters. Not sure about the older ones. Pretty sure the Bronco MIC has no rain gutter. It is completely smooth. That being said I think the water tends to flow off the roof towards the back because of channels in the roof. Jeep also has these channels.
It’s more the design. I don’t know if you I’ve a wrangler, but they are notorious for directing the water onto you as you get out.
Also, I just searched wrangler rain gutter to find a picture and this is what showed up. Pretty funny.

51799228-AC21-41DA-95FC-839BCDCB066E.jpeg

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 4 Jeeps and have driven 80 in SLC thousands of times. Pretty sure death wobble is a function of either a bad mod or a defect.

well you would definitely know better than I

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most likely, loose track bar bolts/bushings or worn ball joints...

It was a rental, so you know it's been ridden hard and put away wet...

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I appreciate ford dicking me around for 480 days. I’m sure jeep appreciates it more and only made me wait 170 days for my 392XR.

Ford Bronco I feel bad I priced a JEEP 51799228-AC21-41DA-95FC-839BCDCB066E
After swapping my bronco for my wife’s wrangler for a week I take back what I said, wait for the bronco. As fun as it is to hear the hemi roar the broncos road manners are way more refined.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s always funny to me when people let the brand rivalry necessary between competing manufacturers affect their own decision making. Or worse yet they start taking things well beyond good-natured ribbing… Nothing about owning a particular brand of vehicle makes you better or worse than someone who owns a different brand. Who you spent your money with isn’t actually a defining characteristic of your own identity. Jeeps are great. Broncos are great. Toyotas are great. Just go wheel.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who owned both a JK and then a JL, the JK was the better-built vehicle in my experience. I was shocked at how “thin” the paint job was on my JL—and typically Chrysler’s paint is quite good—but maybe it was just my unit.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s more the design. I don’t know if you I’ve a wrangler, but they are notorious for directing the water onto you as you get out.
Also, I just searched wrangler rain gutter to find a picture and this is what showed up. Pretty funny.

Ford Bronco I feel bad I priced a JEEP 51799228-AC21-41DA-95FC-839BCDCB066E
😂yeah, I took a look while washing mine and it has the rain gutter cut out in between the doors. So I suspect people are possibly getting out before the water flows off the rain gutter. In any case, I’ve lived in a dry place and a rainy place and I don’t think there’s a perfect solution to the weather … other than maybe wait a sec before opening the door, wait for the water to flow off , open your umbrella before you get out, or wear gore tex.

Bad weather is not really a “problem” in my book. Bad dressing is usually the problem.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The $7.5k tax credit is great, IF you qualify for the full amount. Also it won't help with lowering a monthly payment, even factoring cost of gas you save. Doesn't help anyone if the extra $250/mo makes it unaffordable.
The wrangler 4xe isn’t that affordable in general however in terms of leasing if you can get the tax credit in the form of a cap cost reduction it can be pretty reasonable and then you don’t need to worry about your tax liability. The 4xe is considered one of the better lease deals in recent months and production availability is decent compared to the Bronco.
Sponsored