Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
They got the styling/proportions (specifically the bed) really wrong on the Gladiator. You could tell that even way back when the CAD files of the design got leaked. Huge missed opportunity and very unfortunate.

My local Jeep dealer has a lot FULL of Gladiators and few Wranglers. I'm sure they'd love to make you a really good deal on a Gladiator.
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this video today... apparently Gladiators aren't selling?!? To be honest, I'm surprised. If I was to buy a Jeep product today it would be a Gladiator.
I saw the video in my feed, did not bother with it. Most creators are not enthusiasts and just pick a topic to make content, really a waste of time to watch.

I too would get a gladiator if I were buying a new jeep, the only thing is it would not fit, lengthwise, in my trailer. I made the garage 17 foot, I'd have to take out or modify the kitchen cabinets for it to fit.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The beds on those are too long without a lift they look ridiculous.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My experience with a dealer trying to sell me on a Gladiator. Cliff notes version.

Walked in dealer, Mid March 2020 early days of COVID.

Was not a serious buyer, told salesman, just looking at models, place was empty so we went over their offerings and what I might like.

All this time we kept our distance, didn't shake hands, I didn't even touch the doors with my hands.

All done and starting to walk out when the sales manager comes up with a look like he was unhappy that the salesman was letting me go so easy and starts talking with me.

He gets real close and grabs my upper arm to steer me towards the gladiator in the middle of the showroom and starts trying to sell me on this thing. I have zero interest.

I am thinking "what part of this pandemic has this guy not heard about?". His efforts went nowhere.

Later that night I develop a cough. Next day definitely sick.

A bit over a week later the Jeep dealer closes because some employees there got COVID.

I eventually confirm that what I had is COVID. I got sick too fast after being there to have gotten it from them. The timing fits for them having gotten it from me however. Confirmation of my case came after they closed so no opportunity to warn of exposure.

There hadn't been COVID in the area before these cases. I suspect I got it from an event I was at the week prior as there had been COVID in that area.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cancel the Ranger for this thing? MSRP would be $70k and they’d sell about 12 per year.

Ask yourself this, would Ford trade its Ranger sales for the Gladiator? Your rendering is cool there’s just no market for it. It’s also based on the Wildtrack so imagine how ass ugly the base and big bend models would be! 😂
there is a market id buy it in a second!!!

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1677852988339.png

Ford should not have brought back the Ranger but instead waited and designed a Bronco based pick-up to debut at the same time as the Bronco. Then they could have named it the Bronco - Ranger and still be on brand all the way around. But I get it, small pickups were making a comeback and Ford wanted back in on the game. The current gen Ranger was already being built overseas so the parts and supply chain was already in place so it was an easy layup.
Don’t like it. Looks like what Hyundai did with Santa Cruz

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gladiators are just butugly in my opinion.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IMHO, they are just plain ugly with anything less than 35's. With 37's they do the ugly duckling to swan transformation.

If I was into camping, err "Overlanding" I think a built Gladiator diesel would be my choice.
So much this it's unbelievable. Gladiator on 37's looks awesome, but on stock tires/wheels yuck

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Saw this video today... apparently Gladiators aren't selling?!? To be honest, I'm surprised. If I was to buy a Jeep product today it would be a Gladiator.

For those who have been on B6G for a long time, there was some design concepts and rumors floating around regarding a Bronco pick-up thing similar to the Gladiator. The last rumors we heard... it was canceled... and maybe it was a good thing.

It's not for everyone, but I'd say its sales are just fine. I'm not a huge fan, but it has been successful in its segment.

Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677862401363
Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677862447377

Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677862524488

Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677862590984

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Gladiators are sitting on lots now and have good incentives on the hood for a variety of reasons, but by us at least when we were looking at them last summer, the dealers in our area seemed to either be pretty bad at spec’ing them (or there were part shortages). Either way, they’d have 6 or 7 gladiators on the lot, none with trail camera, no tow hitch, no heated seats, etc. I realize there is definitely a market for low spec vehicles, but I don’t think that market really exists for the gladiator.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO, they are just plain ugly with anything less than 35's. With 37's they do the ugly duckling to swan transformation.

If I was into camping, err "Overlanding" I think a built Gladiator diesel would be my choice.
I said the same thing earlier this week in a convo with a friend. Great looking truck but ONLY with 35-37 wheels and a lift. The issue is the breakover angle is still low because its so long. Which makes it just a 'poser' vehicle. At that point, just get a Tundra.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They got the styling/proportions (specifically the bed) really wrong on the Gladiator.
I agree, but is there a "right" while keeping it a 4dr?

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree, but is there a "right" while keeping it a 4dr?
Oh yeah. The 4 door AEV Brute is one example for starters. And don't tell me that an army of actual car designers couldn't have started with that and made it EVEN better.

Ford Bronco I guess a pickup Bronco is a bad idea?? 1677873851539

Not sure how Jeep ended up with the road apple it designed....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah. The 4 door AEV Brute is one example for starters. And don't tell me that an army of actual car designers couldn't have started with that and made it EVEN better.

1677873851539.png

Not sure how Jeep ended up with the road apple it designed....
The only real difference I see is the rear axle being more forward.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 120817.png
Sponsored