Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another night 1 reservation cancelled.
I couldn't wait another 10 months or so and possibly ruin my Nova using it so heavily and I actually got everything I wanted in this for about 15k less than the Bronco would have cost me. I will look at Broncos again in a few years I'm sure.

2021 80th Anniversary 2-DR Wrangler.
I am curious what your Bronco build was and how that matches up to the 80th Anniversary spec wise while being $15k less? Every time I price a 4-door BL and similarly spec'd Rubi the BL always wins on pricing.

edit. I should add that I am comparing sticker pricing and not taking discounts or deals into effect.
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
15K less than the Bronco? Do tell...

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A Gladiator will most likely be my backup if things fall through. Which I really hope they don’t because I really love the new Broncos.

OP
OP
ClaviusBase

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am curious what your Bronco build was and how that matches up to the 80th Anniversary spec wise while being $15k less? Every time I price a 4-door BL and similarly spec'd Rubi the BL always wins on pricing.

edit. I should add that I am comparing sticker pricing and not taking discounts or deals into effect.
It's not the same specs as the badlands. It's more the fact that the only way to get a Bronco I was happy with all the options on was by going with the badlands (black interior, wheels that looked like they fit the truck, etc). I never wanted or needed sway bar disconnect, rock rails, etc.

This is a much lesser model in comparison but works for what I need and I love the appearance and it cost 45K out the door after taxes and everything where the Bronco was going to cost me 60k after taxes.

In a few years, when there are more options on the Bronco and they are readily available I am sure I will be looking at them again but am very happy with this now.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't wait another 10 months or so and possibly ruin my Nova using it so heavily and I actually got everything I wanted in this for about 15k less than the Bronco would have cost me. I will look at Broncos again in a few years I'm sure.
IMG_1050.JPG

That's a great looking JL . Get on the jeep forum asap so you have heads up on the issue with the JL . HOPEFULLY you have a good one . Enjoy

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMG_1050.JPG

Very nice rig. I have a 2016 4 door JKU with 27,000 miles. It's my trade or sell to private party to offset the Bronco expense. The car i drive most is my 2008 honda accord with 216,000 miles. I can't kill it...will probably give away when the bronco arrives.

Last edited:

EO74

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Cannyon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm thinking the same thing love the new bronco but there launch has been atrocious and no color match mod top available may just swing me to a new gladiator . Don't think I can hold out anotheryear........only wish jeep still had the punkin orange color available!!!!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Feel ya. Oh, and thanks for stepping aside......I can have a Gladiator for 10k less than my BD build and with a couple bells and whistles. Tempting, but it's still no good to drive on the Interstate.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

15K less than the Bronco? Do tell...
They're offering 5k off MSRP, and the builds come in at least 5k less depending on what you want....

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats ? on the Jeep looks great! To the rest of us still waiting well I guess we are .....

Screenshot_20201205-231005_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Bronco is purely a want not a need for me. In 2017 I bought a Toyota Highlander after test driving the horribly ancient 4Runner. It was long in the tooth then but they have since added all the necessary tech atleast. My plan was to get the New JL when it dropped, it too underwhelmed me. I have cross-shopped both again during this adventure by Ford and realized if I had wanted either, I would have already bought.

My Highlander will tow 5k which I use the heck out of and seats 7 and has an all black interior with grey stitching. I regularly "soft" road and that is all I need. I may up my offroad game with a Bronco, but not my primary intent. I want a roof and doors off driving down the OBX. I did Corolla beach OBX in a Honda Pilot and my Highlander so again Bronco is still overkill.

Ford will either fix all that is wrong with all three of the builds that require me to settle somewhere and still cost over $53k or my highlander will continue to suffice. WHen dealing with discretionary money one must see the value. For now, the Harley remains the only open-air driving experience I get.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice ! - So after I saw an earlier post you did about this - I went to configure a Jeep as well - If I do not see any movement on Bronco - meaning any further delays in ordering past January - I will look at getting a Gladiator - I can get what I want for the same price or less even - since they are discounting heavily. I would just buy it in March -

But I am holding out and hope orders go thru in January for a June delivery - any later than July delivery and I will most likely get the Gladiator and not look back.
Gladiators have an extra $6,000 on the hood around here right now, on top of any other promotion and most likely another $5K that Stellantis has to keep in your bank to take their product off the lot.

Just be careful with those, there is a strong reason Jeep stopped making them a decade ago, and it certainly wasn't because of strong resale value or demand for the product. Gladiator, unsurprisingly, has followed the path of their forbearers. Everybody* who wanted one has bought it already, the units left are getting lot rot.

*Not literally everybody, but you get the point. Same as will happen with Bronco after the 500,000 (yea right!) reservations are converted to orders, what will their sales really be by the 4th model year?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful and we understand

Best of luck to ya and of course, take more pics of that black beauty

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm thinking the same thing love the new bronco but there launch has been atrocious and no color match mod top available may just swing me to a new gladiator . Don't think I can hold out anotheryear........only wish jeep still had the punkin orange color available!!!!
Love the Punk'n, I am actually glad they stopped offering it. Don't want to many like mine on the road.

Ford Bronco I guess it's mopar or no car 20190430_160735
Sponsored