First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Roast in the OBX with Eruption Green and Velocity Blue looks absolutely amazing. I’m biased.

2699F85B-831E-4918-92EE-10294237113F.jpeg
Originally I didn’t have leather seats added with my first order. But after changing my order and seeing how the roast looked with the eruption green I knew that was going to be look I wanted. Such a good pair
Sponsored

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great question cause it is actually a very noticeable difference after adding the part. here Is a photo of the winch placement so you can see where it is in relation to the camera on the Grille and another photo of how it affects your 360 view
DA942E58-4B29-4C19-867A-7E42605C0EC7.jpeg
E185E39A-4A49-48A7-B331-A2541E1EA23D.jpeg
Thanks. Definitely an impact there.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice write up! How the hell were you getting such good MPG? I am at about 2k and averaging 18.4 in a Black Diamond no Sas 90% in eco mode.
It might be the difference between regular and Sasquatch packages. The bigger the tire the lower your mpg you receive. I could be wrong but I am getting 19.5 with Sasquatch in eco mode but I do feather the peddle a little bit to see how high I can get my mpg for giggle's.

Sponsored

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What model winch did you get?

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm by no means a seasoned off-roader, but i'm also no stranger to being able to enjoy a car that's more than capable when it comes to getting off the pavement. For years, I have owned a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, by no means a revolutionary car today, but for the time I had it while living in Texas I could think of no better sidekick when it came to rock climbing and general off-roading. Most of my time owning the Wrangler i was active duty in the Army, and the big green wrangler felt like owning a humvee that could also be a daily commuter. Eventually I finished my contract and moved to Michigan for school and work, and the Wrangler came with me. I ended up getting 2 dogs who lived being outdoors with me, and if it wasn't for the gas mileage that old Wrangler was getting, i don't think I ever would have even considered leaving Jeep. And then in June of 2020 the trailers for the Bronco were released and everything changed in my mind.

Now that we got the backstory out of the way, getting the Bronco was no easy task, initially I reserved a Big Bend with the mid-package back in October of 2020, and I was eagerly awaiting the summer arrival of the Bronco in 2021, that is until i realized that was not happening. Timelines kept getting pushed back and eventually I had to reorder for 2022, and at that time, I saved up a lot more for the down payment, and decided when i reordered I was gonna make some pretty major upgrades. So, I ordered a 4 door Outerbanks, eruption green, lux package, leather seats, 2.7L, winch, aux switches, MIC hardtop and tow package. At this point I was used to waiting, so I figured if it was gonna be another year before I got it, I may as well get it exactly how I wanted it.

May 26th 2022 I got a text from my rep saying hey we finally got a VIN, and a build date during the last week of July. Cool, it finally felt real for once. June 9th I get an email from Ford saying my production week is now June 13! I cross reference with my dealer, he was surprised as well, but confirmed that is what he then saw on his end too. Estimated delivery comes out to July 11th, and then like magic, it got delivered June 21st.

So what actually happened at the dealer? I was missing a few things that were important to me, the tow package, the roof rack, and most importantly my AUX switches. This was crushing because as of right now, there is no real substitute for that AUX panel, and that really blew. We talked and found out during transferring the 2021 order to 2022, he missed a few things, and after almost 2 years of waiting there was no real turning around. What was offered was a couple of free accessories, some gifts from Ford, a rebate of $250 and a 5 year wheel warranty included in my offer leaving the lot. The AUX panel was important to me, but i happily took the other deal. My dealership has been very transparent and amazing to work with, they didn't sneak in any fees and made sure my initial MSRP had still been locked in, they genuinely were working in my best interest, and the loss of some selections sucked but was an honest mistake.

So, i finally crossed 1,000 miles this week. Very short amount of time but man did we do some serious road trips, I drove all the way to Munising MI, to go see pictured rocks for the 4th. Here are some of my takeaways-

Gas mileage was SIGNIFICANTLY better than estimated, during my drive I averaged 22.8mpg while staying in ECO mode and using cruise control. My current average right now is 20.6mpg. After filling my tank before leaving Munising the car read 445 miles till E.

The MIC hardtop with the deadliner was very tolerable, of course you hear wind in a vehicle shaped like Chinese takeout box, but it was much more quiet than i expected, I could talk to passengers without shouting, and the top made the acoustics for the audio much better.

The wireless charging tub is cool, and having ApplePlay was game changing for a drive that long, BUT be wary, the longer you keep electronics in the tub the warmer they get, and they warmer they get you will notice your Bluetooth performance getting worse, make sure to take it out after about an hour or so to cool down for a few minutes to keep everything running smooth.

Switching GOAT modes on the fly was a lot of fun, and the 4x4 modes feel incredibly reliable on dirt roads. I could comfortably drive 45mph on a dirt road and not feel any give with my traction, and these are dirt roads, not gravel.

The electronics definitely took some getting used to after leaving the 2007 wrangler, but the interface of the screen made everything incredibly straight forward and I quickly got the hang of all the features after a few drives!

After prolonged use of AC, leaving your vehicle you may hear what sounds like sizzling, fear not, its just the water dripping down onto a very warm plate underneath the driver side, I saw another forum about it and even confirmed the concern myself, no need for concern.

Anyways, this has turned into quite a novel, but i'm willing to answer anything you guys have questions for on the thread, until then ill just do the reveal of the car

67812869126__2EF87FAF-9959-45BE-8742-8021FFA922EA.fullsizerender.jpg

7096.jpeg

Here is a photo of my old Wrangler for reference!

IMG_4639 (2).jpg
Sounds little like what happened to me, though the color was wrong and the build sheet said the Aux Switches were submitted on the order. When I took delivery I was so excited I never bothered to see if the switches were there, it was not until the drive home I noticed. I called my rep and asked him and they said the dealer said it was a constraint item and removed them for a faster build date. That turned out to be a fact so it was not a crushing loss.

IF you wanted them its about $700 in parts and installation labor and a reflash of the ECU I think.

OR you can go my route and get a Switch Pros SP9100 It is a perfect fit on the front face of the sun glass holder, I have not installed mine yet but it appears it will be better than the factory switches anyway.

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sincerely glad the OP is enjoying his Bronco, thanks for his insights about comparisons to his Jeep, and appreciate his service to the country. It's always good to read about comparisons with the number one competitor by people who have owned and driven both.

But I've got to be honest -- my frustration level increased when I saw that he had a reservation date after mine and now has his Bronco when I don't have any information about a VIN, build date, etc. And my order has some of the same options and/or "deadly sins," esp. the 2.7 and the MIC hardtop. So excuse me while I go yell at my dealer.

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm by no means a seasoned off-roader, but i'm also no stranger to being able to enjoy a car that's more than capable when it comes to getting off the pavement. For years, I have owned a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, by no means a revolutionary car today, but for the time I had it while living in Texas I could think of no better sidekick when it came to rock climbing and general off-roading. Most of my time owning the Wrangler i was active duty in the Army, and the big green wrangler felt like owning a humvee that could also be a daily commuter. Eventually I finished my contract and moved to Michigan for school and work, and the Wrangler came with me. I ended up getting 2 dogs who lived being outdoors with me, and if it wasn't for the gas mileage that old Wrangler was getting, i don't think I ever would have even considered leaving Jeep. And then in June of 2020 the trailers for the Bronco were released and everything changed in my mind.

Now that we got the backstory out of the way, getting the Bronco was no easy task, initially I reserved a Big Bend with the mid-package back in October of 2020, and I was eagerly awaiting the summer arrival of the Bronco in 2021, that is until i realized that was not happening. Timelines kept getting pushed back and eventually I had to reorder for 2022, and at that time, I saved up a lot more for the down payment, and decided when i reordered I was gonna make some pretty major upgrades. So, I ordered a 4 door Outerbanks, eruption green, lux package, leather seats, 2.7L, winch, aux switches, MIC hardtop and tow package. At this point I was used to waiting, so I figured if it was gonna be another year before I got it, I may as well get it exactly how I wanted it.

May 26th 2022 I got a text from my rep saying hey we finally got a VIN, and a build date during the last week of July. Cool, it finally felt real for once. June 9th I get an email from Ford saying my production week is now June 13! I cross reference with my dealer, he was surprised as well, but confirmed that is what he then saw on his end too. Estimated delivery comes out to July 11th, and then like magic, it got delivered June 21st.

So what actually happened at the dealer? I was missing a few things that were important to me, the tow package, the roof rack, and most importantly my AUX switches. This was crushing because as of right now, there is no real substitute for that AUX panel, and that really blew. We talked and found out during transferring the 2021 order to 2022, he missed a few things, and after almost 2 years of waiting there was no real turning around. What was offered was a couple of free accessories, some gifts from Ford, a rebate of $250 and a 5 year wheel warranty included in my offer leaving the lot. The AUX panel was important to me, but i happily took the other deal. My dealership has been very transparent and amazing to work with, they didn't sneak in any fees and made sure my initial MSRP had still been locked in, they genuinely were working in my best interest, and the loss of some selections sucked but was an honest mistake.

So, i finally crossed 1,000 miles this week. Very short amount of time but man did we do some serious road trips, I drove all the way to Munising MI, to go see pictured rocks for the 4th. Here are some of my takeaways-

Gas mileage was SIGNIFICANTLY better than estimated, during my drive I averaged 22.8mpg while staying in ECO mode and using cruise control. My current average right now is 20.6mpg. After filling my tank before leaving Munising the car read 445 miles till E.

The MIC hardtop with the deadliner was very tolerable, of course you hear wind in a vehicle shaped like Chinese takeout box, but it was much more quiet than i expected, I could talk to passengers without shouting, and the top made the acoustics for the audio much better.

The wireless charging tub is cool, and having ApplePlay was game changing for a drive that long, BUT be wary, the longer you keep electronics in the tub the warmer they get, and they warmer they get you will notice your Bluetooth performance getting worse, make sure to take it out after about an hour or so to cool down for a few minutes to keep everything running smooth.

Switching GOAT modes on the fly was a lot of fun, and the 4x4 modes feel incredibly reliable on dirt roads. I could comfortably drive 45mph on a dirt road and not feel any give with my traction, and these are dirt roads, not gravel.

The electronics definitely took some getting used to after leaving the 2007 wrangler, but the interface of the screen made everything incredibly straight forward and I quickly got the hang of all the features after a few drives!

After prolonged use of AC, leaving your vehicle you may hear what sounds like sizzling, fear not, its just the water dripping down onto a very warm plate underneath the driver side, I saw another forum about it and even confirmed the concern myself, no need for concern.

Anyways, this has turned into quite a novel, but i'm willing to answer anything you guys have questions for on the thread, until then ill just do the reveal of the car

7096.jpeg

IMG_4639 (2).jpg
Thank you for sharing

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My highway mileage has climbed to just shy of 25mpg, I’m at 6600 miles. That is running at 75 to 80+mph.
That’s incredible but probably not a good measuring point for someone looking to purchase a Bronco.

3,500 miles on my OBX and I’m at 19.7mpg lifetime. Pure highway trips on cruise with the wind at your back maybe 24. But anywhere with traffic lights will net you 17. My highway mileage noticeably tanks over 70mph.

NatureBoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m happy for you, man. Sad about the options you didn’t get. You think your dealer might have fast tracked your order by removing the options instead of making a mistake?

I did not know that Eco mode did not help during highway driving. I get between 20 and 21 miles per gallon. At one point, I got 22, that’s the highest I’ve gotten so far.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7096.jpeg

IMG_4639 (2).jpg
My Outer Banks 4DR High MIC is very similar to yours, and your MPG seems about 1mpg better than mine. Now at 12,770 miles, my average is exactly 20mpg combined. I'm assuming you have the 2.7 ECO without the rear locker, which would mean you have the 3.73 axles, the tallest of the Bronco series, and therefore the most efficient. Non-SAS, we both have the more efficient (less rolling resistance) 32" tires. I have the 2.7 ECO with the Rear Locker, which changes the specs to the Auto transfer case & 4.27 axles. Those are lower gearing than your 3.73, and therefore about 1mpg less efficient, I've guessed. Thanks for clarifying!

I recently calculated MPG by miles and gallons for a 311 mile trip on SC highways between Columbia, Mt Pleasant & Myrtle Beach. That trip used 14.53 gallons for 21.4 MPG. The Bronco computer showed 21.9 MPG for the trip. The difference between the real numbers and Bronco computer was only .5 mpg. This is consistent with seversl other tests I've done. (I've seen some griping here that the on board mpg computer can't be accurate, but my calculations found it to be no more than .5mpg off, which I consider quite fine.)

I, too, have enjoyed the Roast/Onyx brown leather interior color scheme. Its an enjoyable refreshing & classy color, the dash doesn't overreflect, the electric seats and adjustable headrests are very comfortable. The leather/vinyl have held up well to the beach sand and wet bathing suits. I've enjoyed my Area 51, but I think your new green color is quite sharp.

Enjoy!

20220709_134415.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: