Sponsored

Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups!

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love this set-up. I have the Trailrax but haven't mounted anything like this yet. You're happy with performance while driving? Probably a 300lb load I'm guessing?
Tent is about 190lbs
Roam case is about 25lbs empty. Keep the recovery gear and blankets and etc for the tent in there also.

Have had no issues. my wife, 2 young kids, and I all sleep comfy in the RTT
Sponsored

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished my trailer, took about a month. Ready for our trip out west in June. Took the rig to a CAT scale, trailer checks in at 1000lbs loaded up. Bronco is at 5280lbs loaded up.

Camp2.jpg

Camp1.jpg

Camp3.jpg

Camp4.jpg

I'd love to know more about this trailer!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd love to know more about this trailer!
Thanks for asking. Carry-On 4'x5' long utility trailer. 16" wire mesh walls all around. Came with 12" wheels/tires. I removed the existing fenders and wheels, replaced with 15" wheels/radial tires, new fenders. Relocated the side marker lights from the frame to the front of the fenders. Used strut channel for the frame to hold the RTT up. Built a 1/4" plywood box, 1/2" lid, 2"x2" furring strip frame, painted with truck bed liner, sealed inside with Thompsons Water Seal. Cargo basket 64" was on top of my Bronco now on top of the trailer lid. Added jack stabilizers to the 4 corners and a wheeled tongue jack. Added 4 motion detection lights to the 4 corners.

Last edited:

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for asking. Carry-On 4'x5' long utility trailer. 16" wire mesh walls all around. Came with 12" wheels/tires. I removed the existing fenders and wheels, replaced with 15" wheels/radial tires, new fenders. Relocated the side marker lights from the frame to the front of the fenders. Used strut channel for the frame to hold the RTT up. Built a 1/4" plywood box, 1/2" lid, 2"x2" furring strip frame, painted with truck bed liner, sealed inside with Thompsons Water Seal. Cargo basket 64" was on top of my Bronco now on top of the trailer lid. Added jack stabilizers to the 4 corners and a wheeled tongue jack.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Been considering building one of these myself. Come back with an update after your trip to let us know how it performed!

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What hardware are you using to mount the iKamper to the cross bars?
Here I used 2.0 Ikamper mounts, now I’m running 3.0 on the xcover 2. Just what came with the tents
Sponsored