Sponsored

Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups!

Jhoines

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Hazard, honestly it's my first RTT. Not my first tent though and with 30 ish days now in it and about 95 % of those days with rain...I can honestly say it's a solid tent. It has done a really good job for me.

Pros- super light weight and has a lot of built in flexibility, i.e. it doesn't have to live on my truck. It's a solid 4-seasin tent that can be set up in about 10 minutes. It can be set up like a bed with no need for sleeping bags( convenience game changer).

Cons- after 30 ish hard days almost all of which were in rain,. Some of the water proofing is delaminated (all in places you would suspect...near pole rub spots, high use zipper areas, etc.). See pic. I would include a shammy with purchase for helping to dry up the tent before packing it up. Sleeps 2 comfortable but not a ton of room if one is an "active" sleeper and turns a lot.

Overall,. I think it's a great tent for the price. The 4 inch foam mattress was fantastic. The tent was very durable and easy to use. the tent held up well on an extended trip. I am happy with the purchase and would buy another one without hesitation.

Let me know if you have anything specific you want to know. Good, bad, ugly I'll let you know.
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG20220727101508
Sponsored

dj10024

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX SAS MIC 4dr, 1968 Bronco U15
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question for you, @Hemisfear, with your inflator setup, any issues with it equalizing with running it that way? I'm going to be doing mine in the next couple of days and not sure if it buys me anything keeping my lengths the same and splitting in the middle. I've installed a 2-gallon air tank to go with my ARB Twin Compressor that goes to a regulator and then to two air couplers by the rear door seats. While the compressor is mounted to the rear swing door, I have another coupler there before the regulator (as well as cutoffs for the tank - so I can centrally deflate and not have to release the tank as well).

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How was the tent! It’s pretty affordable in comparison to others I’ve been looking at. Pros/Cons?
Nice setup, first one I've seen with the C6 tent. I want this to work so badly but I can't get past all the poles to set it up (I'm short and can barely reach the top of the rack).

Glad you're making it work!

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

got my trailrax rack installed and my smittybilt tent and evergear 270 awning installed,will be heading out end of month for holidays to test this out.
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_1947.JPG

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

got my trailrax rack installed and my smittybilt tent and evergear 270 awning installed,will be heading out end of month for holidays to test this out.
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_1947.JPG
I'd love to hear all about your rack

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7 BaseSquatch tows our trailer with SmittyBilt Gen2 XL tent and gear. That way we can leave camp setup while we go explore. Pic with the F150 was pre-Bronco, just for reference of what it looks like set up.
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! 247F4DB9-98B4-4D9F-A6EA-DC56A4181299
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! 6CF4E1AD-AC87-4D60-9054-7C704BCF80AD
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! 552517A6-D548-4EDB-8F19-5442E11CE65C

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This will be on the big bronco once the hardtop and rack come in.

EEF46BA3-974E-4CC1-A019-56965DA63A10.jpeg

178D61BB-4CD9-43C9-B102-F8D6607330C2.jpeg

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question for you, @Hemisfear, with your inflator setup, any issues with it equalizing with running it that way? I'm going to be doing mine in the next couple of days and not sure if it buys me anything keeping my lengths the same and splitting in the middle. I've installed a 2-gallon air tank to go with my ARB Twin Compressor that goes to a regulator and then to two air couplers by the rear door seats. While the compressor is mounted to the rear swing door, I have another coupler there before the regulator (as well as cutoffs for the tank - so I can centrally deflate and not have to release the tank as well).
Where did you mount the tank? I’m trying to find ideas of a secure and protected location to mount a similar size tank

Sponsored

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@dj10024 nice install. I’m sure it’s pretty well protected but I am nervous about the tank getting hit or rupturing. I know they have the safety relief valve.
My tank is a 2 gallon and a different shape, I’ll have to see if it fits there without protruding much.
Maybe I’ll mount a skid plate over it

dj10024

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX SAS MIC 4dr, 1968 Bronco U15
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@dj10024 nice install. I’m sure it’s pretty well protected but I am nervous about the tank getting hit or rupturing. I know they have the safety relief valve.
My tank is a 2 gallon and a different shape, I’ll have to see if it fits there without protruding much.
Maybe I’ll mount a skid plate over it
Yea, I looked under the Bronco and didnt want to do major fab or drilling even. I was able to use the hot dog style tank and existing mounting bolts from the side step bracket. It sits higher then the frame and and I can rotate the tank to get the drain valve higher and rotate it back to do the occasional drain.

Most of my offroading is at the beach and even if I am making contact, it should be with sand and expect everything to stay put regardless with my use cases.

From measuring around, it would be difficult to get a non-hotdog style tank to sit higher then the frame rails. Aluminum tank was less then $150 and figured buying this style was cheaper then trying to fabricate something else that would work. I also found the air pass-thru bulkheads could be mounted at a good position and not need a ton of line running across the vehicle.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished mine up today, so far very happy with my choices:
-Badass Tents full length rack (with the new wind deflector that makes it pretty close to stock noise level)
- James Baroud Evasion 360 tent
- Overland Pros 4K 270 degree awning
- ARB fridge slide out
- power tanks roll bar propane tank mount (on the way)
- goose gear tailgate table

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! passenger passthru and air connector

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! passenger passthru and air connector

Do you still like your setup? Would you change anything? Can the trunk window fully open up with the awning deployed?

thanks

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco - Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished mine up today, so far very happy with my choices:
-Badass Tents full length rack (with the new wind deflector that makes it pretty close to stock noise level)
- James Baroud Evasion 360 tent
- Overland Pros 4K 270 degree awning
- ARB fridge slide out
- power tanks roll bar propane tank mount (on the way)
- goose gear tailgate table

Who makes your awning mounts? We have an awning we need to mount and our tent sticks out the sides of our rack similar to yours
Sponsored