Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone use Massimo coolers? Costco sale starts 5/30 - $100-$140 off depending on model.
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a mid sized Engel hard cooler, they have some quality stuff that rates well among the competitors, hard/soft bodies, decent claimed ice retention times, non skid tops, silicone gaskets, rugged drain plug, certified bear resistant, etc with a good warranty.

Definitely keeps ice/cold longer than my steel belted Coleman's, but more expensive of course.

They make portable fridges/freezer too, but priced up there with the big boys. They do offer 0% financing though ;)

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are you guys choosing sizes. Are most of you looking for a cooler to pack for a weekend for a few people or for a day of sightseeing?

I'm looking to keep a 12V cooler in the 4 door Bronco full time along with 2 bikes a probably some day hiking gear.

This is to keep cold drinks, fruit etc. Drinks, lunch, snacks and maybe dinner for two people for one long day. I was thinking around 20 quart - like these:

https://engelcoolers.com/collections/powered-fridge-freezers/products/mt27-portable-acdc-fridge

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/food-and-beverage/coolers/electric-coolers/dometic-cfx3-25-259746

Does anyone have experience with this size?

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are you guys choosing sizes. Are most of you looking for a cooler to pack for a weekend for a few people or for a day of sightseeing?

I'm looking to keep a 12V cooler in the 4 door Bronco full time along with 2 bikes a probably some day hiking gear.

This is to keep cold drinks, fruit etc. Drinks, lunch, snacks and maybe dinner for two people for one long day. I was thinking around 20 quart - like these:

https://engelcoolers.com/collections/powered-fridge-freezers/products/mt27-portable-acdc-fridge

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/food-and-beverage/coolers/electric-coolers/dometic-cfx3-25-259746

Does anyone have experience with this size?
I'm basing it off my 54L Coleman Extreme cooler. My friend and I go for a week long camp once a year, we are limited to the amount of perishable food we can take because of the amount of ice it needs. So, I'm getting a Dometic CFX3 45L fridge, it will hold way more food because it doesn't need ice.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... I was looking at the Dometic website and they have a 20% off site wide sale until May 31st. Plus free shipping. I ended up biting the bullet and bought the CFX3 45. Saved me $200. I know some people don't want to spend that much on a fridge/cooler, but I have been wanted to go this route for a while and thought 20% off plus free shipping was a steal. Hope this helps others on the fence.
CFO (wife) just green lighted the dual zone Dometic. I won’t tell her about the sale I just missed.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CFO (wife) just green lighted the dual zone Dometic. I won’t tell her about the sale I just missed.
But now I think it’s too big to fit on the slide in the back of a four door. Have we figured out what will actually fit there?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think anything from the CFX3 line except for the DZ will fit
That what I thought. The dual zone ARB is a bit shorter than the Dometic, although it’s taller. If I had any sense I’d just wait until these Broncos made it into the wild to see what fits.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What size cooler, filled with how many cans of beer will level my base 2-door bronco w/ mod bumper?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That what I thought. The dual zone ARB is a bit shorter than the Dometic, although it’s taller. If I had any sense I’d just wait until these Broncos made it into the wild to see what fits.
I think the only way any dual zone will fit is if you put it in sideways, which will take up a ton of room. But yeah, it's probably best to wait.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is awesome! I was searching the forum to see who had a thread going about fridges and stumbled on your gem of a post. Thanks for sharing.

Doesn’t Ford have some accessory they were selling similar to this?
I think they have a fridge but I’m not sure if it doubles as a cooler like this one.