Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my old Brute 50 qt rotomolded cooler, now rebranded as Bison, fits in the back of the 2D with the seats up I’m keeping it. If not I’ll shop around and find a smaller
One that fits
Ford Bronco Let's talk coolers EF8B4F43-2A2D-44FB-9CA5-D671734D39FA

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not smart on fridges but when I make camp I like to park the beer cooler right next to my chair under the canopy. I'd be annoyed having to get up and open up the trunk every time I need a refill and it'd be especially annoying if everyone in my group was going in an out of my truck. I think coolers are the way to go.

Also want to plug Canyon Coolers. Based in Flagstaff AZ and earned their street cred on rafting trips through the grand canyon. Perform as good, if not better than Yeti and cost less. Lifetime warranty too.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not smart on fridges but when I make camp I like to park the beer cooler right next to my chair under the canopy. I'd be annoyed having to get up and open up the trunk every time I need a refill and it'd be especially annoying if everyone in my group was going in an out of my truck. I think coolers are the way to go.

Also want to plug Canyon Coolers. Based in Flagstaff AZ and earned their street cred on rafting trips through the grand canyon. Perform as good, if not better than Yeti and cost less. Lifetime warranty too.
Agreed, I prefer to have a cooler that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle or down to the fire ring happenings.

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are thinking the electric fridges are too expensive, I just picked up one of these:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-p01061

I couldn't pass up the price. It is a rebranded cooler but cheaper than the non-rebranded equivalent on Amazon. I figured maybe the support would be a bit better over a third party seller on Amazon. It just arrived today so we will see how it compares to the CFX3 once I let the compressor settle for a bit after shipping.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are thinking the electric fridges are too expensive, I just picked up one of these:

I couldn't pass up the price. It is a rebranded cooler but cheaper than the non-rebranded equivalent on Amazon. I figured maybe the support would be a bit better over a third party seller on Amazon. It just arrived today so we will see how it compares to the CFX3 once I let the compressor settle for a bit after shipping.
Sure looks almost identical to the ARB!

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please record your effort in mounting a fully loaded cooler on your roof. (There is a reason hitch carriers exist.)
This 👆 ain't no way I'm gonna try putting a cooler on the top of my Bronco, all I can vision is a trip to the ER 🏥

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I don't know about you guy's but my wife and I are finally jumping on the boat and buying a Yeti cooler for the Bronco. I was against the Roof rack for a MIC top due to the extra steps to remove the top, but I think the roof is the best mounting location. So has anyone had any cool idea's on where they plan to mount one or store one?
Bison Coolers ..Made in USA

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Id say go cheap.
And if you wanna spend more, get a fridge.
There’s ton of lower-end fridges out there that uses the same compressors as the industry leaders if you wanna go that route too.
Look out for Danfoss Secop.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my old Brute 50 qt rotomolded cooler, now rebranded as Bison, fits in the back of the 2D with the seats up I’m keeping it. If not I’ll shop around and find a smaller
One that fits
Ford Bronco Let's talk coolers EF8B4F43-2A2D-44FB-9CA5-D671734D39FA
they have a nice 25QT Bison (Gen 2) coolers

Sponsored

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are getting your food wet in a regular cooler you are doing it wrong. Just freeze some 1/2 gallon plastic milk jugs and lay them in your cooler. Put enough so they don't move around. The frozen block ice lasts longer and the melt water stays in the jugs.

I always worry that those 12v electric coolers are going to run down my battery while camping for the weekend.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ooh, are those cup holders on the top? I guess the 4 door Broncos would actually have 6 cup holders total if you put one of these in the second row.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem. The websites for ARB and Dometic have a lot of good info, plus you may find a few good YouTube videos. I own a Dometic CFX35 which is small, but plenty for a weekend trip and isn't too big and it doesn't weigh a ton; plus, no ice.

For a battery, I have a Jackery 1000, but Goal Zero are good too. You don't need a 1000 series to power your fridge overnight, a 500 will do and saves some money.

That said, a portable battery isn't necessary and definitely not up front.

Other thing about that cooler, it can be your emergency fridge or garage deep freezer at home. They are very efficient and don't use much power as they are very well insulated.
You convinced me. I’m going to go with either the 35 or 45 cfx3. Will buy once I actually get my bronco. Was already planning on buying a jackery 500 for camping trips. Watched a couple videos and that setup looks like a no brainer. Thanks!

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider placing lighter items on my roof so the center of gravity doesn't change on you.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just freeze some 1/2 gallon plastic milk jugs and lay them in your cooler. Put enough so they don't move around. The frozen block ice lasts longer and the melt water stays in the jugs.
I like this idea, but after a couple days, I find myself needing to replenish the ice from a local store which is the typlical crushed (and wet) version.

But I'll have to try this next time. The other benefit to the crushed ice is it fits between all the little crevices so it doesn't take up as much room.
Sponsored