Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
This is all just insulting and frustrating.

I think that’s why a lot of us are flying off the handle with this.
You’re making a throwback design Bronco but not offering a white top yet!? Plus you already showed us a beautiful one from the start.

This is not hard to do and it’s getting obvious that Ford is just manipulating us to keep interest or try to profit more or keep new options in the bag for following years.

It should not be surprising people are upset but we’ll see what happens.
Guessing Ford underestimated the response to white top on the "show" vehicles and now they're in a pickle to get the customer what they want. Same applied to the Mansquatch. They are listening -- they are testing -- they are planning. Just need to figure out how to squeeze as much money out of the "willing to pay public" on a year-after-year basis. I usually lease my vehicles, but plan to buy the Bronco and keep a long time (as long as it has white roof and a color I like (which is still TBD to me).

Advertisement

FREEWAYPHIL

Black Diamond
First Name
HAT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F 150 4 Wheel Drive
Clubs

So in addition to the other things we need. We need to explain to the multi billion dollar company why white tops on a bronco that had white tops (for decades) are important.

This is insane. It seems they actually are going to produce the heinous "grey top" to stand out from jeep but not produce the white top that is basically a bronco brand item.

Looks like i might actually have to get the painted black top and take it to a paint shop. What a joke. read the room ford! people probably think they are getting white interiors too!

C6BEB777-5D33-4674-93D6-E8DE3CA17E1D.png

thsxtreme

Outer Banks
First Name
tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sahara Altitude
After I get mine I'm going to see if the Goonzquad boys will let me drive the Bronco on down there to Tennessee and have them paint the top white. That oughta be worth a whole bunch of "Dang Son's" after they knock it out of the park in a day!!!!
daaaaang that would be siiiiick! lol

mustangfamily03

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Methinks the white top will be a DIO, and unfortunately if thats the case, limited to a dual top so Ford could deliver to the dealer in a soft top. That's probably the biggest bummer given the added costs of a soft top (which many wont want), and potential delays of the white hard top being delivered to the dealer from somewhere else. Frankly the cost to paint (not vinyl) a black top would be less. If it pans out this way, i could see the forum erupting. Take rates for the white top will fall off a cliff. You'd probably see more guys on the road with custom white tops than those that opted for a dual top to get a white top from the factory.
That’s what I say about the top. May be DIO. But then again maybe not, who knows. I can honestly understand why someone wouldn’t buy because of not having something like that as an option. Honestly I was going to buy a 2021 Mach 1 but I was not enthused about it carrying over the bullitt engine so I got a whiff of the bronco and changed my mind, now here I am. I hope they surprise you guys with a white top option from the factory I really do.

FREEWAYPHIL

Black Diamond
First Name
HAT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F 150 4 Wheel Drive
Clubs

We will have a white top on our new Bronco regardless of where or how we have to get it. Be nice if FORD MOTOR COMPANY would put it on for us however...

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Methinks the white top will be a DIO, and unfortunately if thats the case, limited to a dual top so Ford could deliver to the dealer in a soft top. That's probably the biggest bummer given the added costs of a soft top (which many wont want), and potential delays of the white hard top being delivered to the dealer from somewhere else. Frankly the cost to paint (not vinyl) a black top would be less. If it pans out this way, i could see the forum erupting. Take rates for the white top will fall off a cliff. You'd probably see more guys on the road with custom white tops than those that opted for a dual top to get a white top from the factory.
Take rates would definitely fall off the cliff. Dual tops is not an option for the 2 door. They haven’t announced a 2 door soft top have they?
So, they would instantly exclude the most modern retro Bronco from the classic white roof...that would not be good.

jaspercasidino

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3, 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

People are pretty passionate about this white top. Lots of people claiming no white top, no buy. Interesting to see how many people actually skip out on the Bronco because of a roof color.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
For those saying you'll wrap the hardtop white, not sure how well that'll stick to the MIC tops. I've seen wrangler guys have it done and it looks like s*** with the top's texture. Painting the MIC is not that simples as it's a lot of prep work and again, getting the paint to adhere properly without flaking off too easily. If I were to paint a top white, I would have to buy the shadow black painted top and then take it to a bodyshop to have them paint it. Those guys who say to line-x or raptor line it, Ive seen what jeep people have done to their crap (body, hardtop, flares, fenders) and I personally think it looks like s*** in any color other than black. Can only imagine scrubbing the white line-x top clean after a weekend on the trails whereas a smooth finish is much easier to maintain. This is coming from someone who has his jeep's bumpers & rockslides raptor lined.

mustangfamily03

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
People are pretty passionate about this white top. Lots of people claiming no white top, no buy. Interesting to see how many people actually skip out on the Bronco because of a roof color.
Like I said I hope they offer the white top option. However if people decide not to buy for some reason, whatever the reason is, I hope they are all in my town so I can get mine faster. Just saying, not specifically the white top.
1602023680312.gif

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Why don't those who want a white top just order one later? Ford has said they will offer the top in body color, I believe. If a white top is not available at time of delivery you should have options.

Take delivery of your Bronco. Walk over to parts department, and order a Modular top in Oxford White.

Trade with another forum member, order black and get it wrapped, whatever, if Ford is making them there will be ways to get them.

I really don't understand why people would waste their energy bitching and moaning when they could be coming up with a solution for themselves.

If you really want a white top and you can't get one at delivery, you'll find away to do it.

FREEWAYPHIL

Black Diamond
First Name
HAT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F 150 4 Wheel Drive
Clubs

We will still buy our Bronco but will find a way to get the white top on it, and hopefully not have to shell out extra money to get what we want, an item that should be standard.

mustangfamily03

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
We will still buy our Bronco but will find a way to get the white top on it, and hopefully not have to shell out extra money to get what we want, an item that should be standard.
Sell the factory top to someone and buy a white one.

Advertisement

Advertisement