First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what all went into the lift that 4WP did for the SEMA build?
Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's get this thread going again. Rig is being built in two months. I see some placeholders on sites like Stage3 and FabTech, but nobody seems to have anything ready.
Badlands non-Squatch with 7M. I wanna go up 4" and 37s.

I was hoping not to have drive around on the stock stuff, but it doesn't look like any aftermarket stuff is going to be ready at the beginning. Anybody know anything otherwise?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4wp was 3.5" and on 37s
Since you're a guy, lie, It's 4"
šŸ˜

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im also looking for an inexpensive 1-2" lift for my BB that will be here in a few months. Going to put 33" K02's on it as soon as I get it. Hoping to be able to get a kit quickly.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's get this thread going again. Rig is being built in two months. I see some placeholders on sites like Stage3 and FabTech, but nobody seems to have anything ready.
Badlands non-Squatch with 7M. I wanna go up 4" and 37s.

I was hoping not to have drive around on the stock stuff, but it doesn't look like any aftermarket stuff is going to be ready at the beginning. Anybody know anything otherwise?
You wonā€™t be able to lift the Bronco 4ā€ (or more) unless you go with either a diff drop lift kit (Skyjacker, Rancho, Fabtech, etc) or a mid-travel kit, which is substantially more expensive. The diff drop is necessary to keep stock length CV axles and tie rod angles in check, but the downside of installing one of these kits is you will negate much of the ground clearance gain from the lift under the front axle. Itā€™s basically stock height ground clearance up front after the lift excluding the ground clearance gain from tire size. Youā€™ll improve your approach/break over/departure angles at the expense of a higher center of gravity. Good for mallcrawlers, bad for off-road. If youā€™re only going to street your Bronco or take it on the beach/gravel roads or mild trails, this lift is fine. Plan on $1.5-3K depending on lift/shock options.

Option B is to go to a mid-travel kit (Camburg, SVC, etc). These kits are substantially more expensive, $5-15K in the Raptor world. Wider upper and lower control arms, longer CVs and tie rods, etc. Gives a big increase in wheel travel. You also gain a LOT of ground clearance with these kinds of lifts. However, this comes with the expense of added track width. Iā€™m betting the Bronco Warthog will have wider front upper and lower control arms compared to standard/Squatched Broncoā€™s and a longer rear axle lower control arm. The track width increase on these kits is typically 3-5ā€. Wider front fenders are mandatory and youā€™ll have to run spacers on the rear wheels to keep the front and rear track width the same. The upgrade in performance over stock and over standard diff drop lift kits is huge. SVCā€™s mid-travel Raptor kit adds 4ā€ of wheel travel up front.

With all that said, I think 3ā€ of lift is fine to clear 37s. Thatā€™s what 4WP thinks as well, as evidenced by their Bronco build. Iā€™m personally going to go with a 3ā€ lift kit on my eventual Badlands so I donā€™t have to deal with the headaches associated with either of the above options. As long as you get longer upper control arms, you can do 3ā€ lift up front on an IFS setup with no problems. CV/tie rod angles are fine, but you will give up some downtravel compared to stock, even with the longer upper control arms. If you keep the stock control arms you will lose more downtravel. Also make sure you get longer sway-bar end links (especially for you Badlands owners).

TLDR: Do your research on the limitations associated with lifting an IFS vehicle before purchasing a lift. And 3ā€ lift is plenty for 37s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this comprehensive reply. This is exactly what I was looking for. Of course, now I am further away from any decisions than before I asked. ha ha.

Truth is, 35s might be enough. And people seem confident that you can go to 35s on a badlands without a lift. But even if there are no rubbing issues, it's gotta look right too. Those tires gotta breathe under there.

I was thinking I wanted this thing to be done on the day I get it. But I just gotta relax. Step 1, get the rig. It is supposed to be built last week of June. Fingers crossed. Step 2, drive it a bit, evaluate the capabilities, clearance and over-road compromises I'm willing to make. Step 3, start picking away at the mods. The after-market stuff is just starting to trickling out.

I don't mind going upper control arms and longer cv axles if that's what it takes. IFS is new to me but your reply definitely gives me a better understanding. I'll be rereading this several times over the next six months.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve got a set of 35ā€ super swampers ready and waiting. Cannot wait to see what else the engineers and designers come up with. The Bronco is the king of the off road.
Sponsored