Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sure, if you're going to use several no doubt worth the money, simplicity and finished look. I probably will only add a set of aux lights, so for one switch, tap into the under hood fuse box, there's always an easy way through the firewall and I'm good to go.
Probably a smart move. Good aux lights are addictive...fogs, spots, a-pillar, chase, reverse...I do like them.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I go manual (I know this should be the easiest decision, but it's not): Base Base, the 4.46 gears would be great and easy to upsize to 32's/33's

If I go auto: I don't know, the auto is $1500 and some tires would be $1500, so for $3K I might as well Squatch and get all the other good stuff for a couple thousand more.
This. I'm basically in the same place weighing those options. Base manual with the 4.46 allowing for aftermarket 33's. Or if I decide the 2.3L will not cut it, then possibly Base Sas. (Pending any key B&P changes made by Ford - I'm not convinced that 4.46 is legit.)

Regarding the OP's question. Family of 4, money no issue, world travelling non-materialists. Usually trying to get rid of material possessions, not accumulate more stuff. Ownership of things brings us little joy. Instead it's the real use of things in creative or adventurous pursuits that matters most to us. Also have a decade of experience living and off-roading in Colorado.

For me, the Bronco will not be for how it makes me feel, or what I imagine doing with it, or just for knowing I have the capability to "some day" have an adventure with it. Instead it will be a tool to actually have real adventures. The top and doors come off a base, same as a 50k lux version. I'll be driving up some rocky mountain trail in my base (with larger aftermarket tires), while some lux owners are thinking about doing something adventurous "someday".

I'd strongly encourage future Bronco owners to go have some real adventure with their rigs. Explore and put yourself at risk, come back talking about how you almost rolled or slid into a canyon. Have some exciting adventurous (with some danger) stories to tell. Don't do the Walter Mitty thing. Put some dents in those skid plates!

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to buy a used base 2 dr down the road and turn into an off-road monster.

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Me

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is funny thread... it is only a $20k difference between a base-base to a ā€œloadedā€ badlands. Not like the typical driver of each is in some vastly different socio economic class.

I am going to like spin the bottle or throw darts to pick between basemansquatch, bd 2dr, bl 2dr, and bl 4dr or wait for warthog. Wonder what demographic that puts me in...

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because I can easily wire a $7 switch myself...

- Old tightwad curmudgeons?
?? Just wish they had some blank popouts on the dash! Havenā€™t seen any.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is funny thread... it is only a $20k difference between a base-base to a ā€œloadedā€ badlands. Not like the typical driver of each is in some vastly different socio economic class.

I am going to like spin the bottle or throw darts to pick between basemansquatch, bd 2dr, bl 2dr, and bl 4dr or wait for warthog. Wonder what demographic that puts me in...
I don't believe I've ever strung the words " it is only a $20k difference between" together, interesting.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People that put ranch dressing on everything
just donā€™t do that on (Buffalo) chicken wings, ok? Buffalo native here. Ranch and Franks Red Hot do not go well together. They just donā€™t.

itā€™s blue cheese dressing or no creamy dip at all. Trust me on this.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Base base - young people and gonna-mod-everything people.

my brother had a new manual transmission base Jeep back in the early 1990s. the one with square headlights. It was still cool AF to drive, he said he went anywhere he wanted, including some off road adventures. For sure it regularly drove dirt roads, including squishy sand, because that was behind our getaway place. The dog would jump right out and chase the rabbits before heā€™d even Stop and park the vehicle.

other than soft and hard tops, per time of year, he never modded it except for a radio (I think after someone stole his original one?). It remained base and remained cool AF.

there is a certain understated awesome to something that is so simple and yet so perfect.

if not for my wife and kids, Iā€™d probably do a Base ManSquatch. I seriously wish I could have old school gauges and dials. Shit, gimme a hand crank window. Screw air conditioning, thatā€™s why the top is off.

[edit, eh, maybe not manual tranny. I live really close to NYC where bumper to bumper stop and go is normal]

id probably have to upgrade to a radio where the faceplate comes off (is that still a thing?), Iā€™d add wheel locks and use a frigginā€™ steering wheel club if I had to.

it was said about a Roman politician that he couldnā€™t be bribed because he ate lentils. Meaning - the expensive and fancy things donā€™t attract him. He cares not. That would be me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't believe I've ever strung the words " it is only a $20k difference between" together, interesting.
Well some have more money to spend, and some spend money they don't have. Everyone is a different place in life, with different things that demand more or less of their money.

I think all the models and trims are cool, and really feel like Ford did such a nice job on the Bronco, that you can't hardly go wrong. Hopefully we at least get the chance to get the one we want, before years end.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

If these things were lambo or Ferrari prices then sure ā€œonly 20k differenceā€ makes sense. But if youā€™re looking at a 2 door then a base is less than 30k, another 20k and youā€™re 2/3 of the way to having a second bronco. Affording one cars payment is one thing, almost doubling that payment can be pretty tough for a lot of people. I know plenty of people that have never owned a brand new vehicle at all, because it simple wasnā€™t in the budget, so for them it could easily be between a base or no bronco at all, another 20k isnā€™t even in the question.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should probably start a poll with what trim do you plan on buying and.... are you:
18-25, 26-38,39-50....
Hispanic, non hispanic
Caucasian, Black, Asian, Pacific Islander, African, etc
What state do you live in.
Married,single, divorced
Income
Etc etc etc.

A poll like that will get you your demographics....if people answer it.