Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bumper has integrated safety chain hook points behind the hitch.
1666635249722.png
That hitch is one of my favorite parts of this bumper. I had a bolt on hitch before that was tucked way back, had to use an extension to hook anything up to it. This one is in the perfect location, doesn’t stick out much, but I no longer need an extender.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any reviews of the swing gate yet? Ease of installation. Any issues with camera, brake light, license plate, etc.?

None

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is this compatible with the Bronco Raptor?

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds very manly

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any reviews of the swing gate yet? Ease of installation. Any issues with camera, brake light, license plate, etc.?
The swing gate is very well built along with the bumper itself, but I had issues with the mounting brackets for the spindle staying in place since the pivot is adjustable and finally got annoyed enough that I tack welded it on. I’m not a huge fan of the tailgate being the latch for it, and I spent a decent amount of time getting things all adjusted on the tailgate side of thing, would’ve preferred a 3rd mounting point that it latches to and gives support on the opposite side of the pivot. Since I’ve gotten everything correctly adjusted and made it where the spindle doesn’t move it’s been great. The brake light mount, tire mount itself, jerry can mounts have also been great products. As far as the backup camera I unfortunately had a different style plug then what their bronco had but they’re sending me a replacement one that should fit mine.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The swing gate is very well built along with the bumper itself, but I had issues with the mounting brackets for the spindle staying in place since the pivot is adjustable and finally got annoyed enough that I tack welded it on. I’m not a huge fan of the tailgate being the latch for it, and I spent a decent amount of time getting things all adjusted on the tailgate side of thing, would’ve preferred a 3rd mounting point that it latches to and gives support on the opposite side of the pivot. Since I’ve gotten everything correctly adjusted and made it where the spindle doesn’t move it’s been great. The brake light mount, tire mount itself, jerry can mounts have also been great products. As far as the backup camera I unfortunately had a different style plug then what their bronco had but they’re sending me a replacement one that should fit mine.
Thanks. I do have concerns with the gate being tied to both the frame (bumper) and body and how that will play out long term. The gates I've seen on other vehicles secure on the other side of the bumper as you suggest. Do you feel the bumper gives any more clearance than the stock bumper? Is the hitch tucked up higher than the factory location?

Last edited:

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I do have concerns with the gate being tied to both the frame (bumper) and body and how that will play out long term. The gates I e seen on other vehicles secure on the other side of the bumper as you suggest. Do you feel the bumper gives any more clearance than the stock bumper? Is the hitch tucked up higher than the factory location?
Yeah it for sure gives some additional clearance. The bumper is the same height as the crossmember that the factory hitch attaches to. The hitch on the bumper might be slightly higher but not by much though.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that several of you have had a couple of months with your bumper, thoughts? Areas that need addressed?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that several of you have had a couple of months with your bumper, thoughts? Areas that need addressed?
My biggest thing is it needs to be latched to the bumper itself and not using the tailgate as a latch. It’s constantly squeaking from the movement difference of the body vs frame of vehicle.

Sponsored

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how this system compares to the Expedition One rear bumper and tire carrier?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest thing is it needs to be latched to the bumper itself and not using the tailgate as a latch. It’s constantly squeaking from the movement difference of the body vs frame of vehicle.
Damn. I didn’t notice that in their photos. I haven’t installed mine yet. Is there a way to modify it you think?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn. I didn’t notice that in their photos. I haven’t installed mine yet. Is there a way to modify it you think?
I feel like with a little metal fab work you could get something set up.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this squeaking still an issue or did the vendor address it? I also have concerns about it not latching to the bumper, especially during/after hard trail runs. I don't want a setup that's going to be constantly squeaking!

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this squeaking still an issue or did the vendor address it? I also have concerns about it not latching to the bumper, especially during/after hard trail runs. I don't want a setup that's going to be constantly squeaking!
I think it’s just the nature of how it latches. The body and swing arm are going to move independently of each other and make the rubber bits squeak.
Sponsored