First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, I am happy to have finally received my Bronco as I know many are still waiting. I originally reserved on July 14th, 2020 and just picked it up 2 days ago.

When I picked it up, I immediately noticed that the driver side quarter panel had an outward bend in it and the driver door gaps were way off. There are also some really bad paint smudges/chips at the front of driver door as well as a big spot of dirt under paint by the fuel door. Funny thing is, you can see the door gap/bent panel issues in my assembly line picture (the gap is obvious, the bend can be seen when you zoom in on the area). I showed the dealership who had missed all of it (it had just come in an hour or so before I arrived to get it). They said they would document it and get with Ford on how it would be handled. My concern is that they will farm it out to a body shop since this particular dealership does not have their own and I'm not sure how difficult it would be to try to match this particular paint.

Best case scenario for me would be to take it to the body shop of my choice to have all of the issues corrected and Ford cover the bill. Is that too much to ask?

Looking for honest/constructive feedback. Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory IMG_7082

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory IMG_7085

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory IMG_7087

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory IMG_7093

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory IMG_7091

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory IMG_7090

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory IMG_7058
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kholding

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can also see in the pictures where the driver door makes contact with the rocker panel when closed.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats on the Bronco. Man that Cyber looks amazing!!!
Don't jump to the conclusion that the dealer's body shop will do a bad job. They probably have one they deal with a lot and sending new vehicles over is not uncommon. Before delivery, mine went to an off-site body shop for the shadow behind the tailgate hinges (my dealer is picky on QC) and I went over and the owner showed me exactly what they were doing. The results were fantastic. 1 week delay in getting my ride but I was happy.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s one whacked paint job and panel gap. Definitely bring it back to the dealership and get it taken care of under warranty. If they screw it up again, you can then take advantage of the lemon law.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WOW! that should have bever left the factory with the paint defects alone. Your pictures make me want to follow the original plan to keep my current and order a cyber orange bronco and sell mine when it arrives.

Sponsored

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow...I can't believe a vehicle with all these obvious issues made it out of the factory. Can you post the baby pic as well?

OP
OP
Kholding

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...and what happens if your body shop FUBAR's it? Would you expect Ford to pay for that fix to? Better to make this your dealer's problem than your problem
That's an excellent point that I didn't even think of! Thank you.

OP
OP
Kholding

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow...I can't believe a vehicle with all these obvious issues made it out of the factory. Can you post the baby pic as well?
Here is the assembly line photo:

IMG_6968.JPG

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does that ever even make it to paint? How does that ever make it through paint inspection, and final inspection????? Incredible......

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have your exact issue but I do have some gap issues (hood) and my dealer also doesn't have their own body shop. They are having it sent to another Ford dealer that the owner knows who does own their body shop. They are going to work on fixing it and hopefully they can get it aligned better or get a new hood painted to match.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did your dealer do? I'm noticing some similar defects after picking up a week ago

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory 2173462343245.PNG

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory 20220414_214921

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory 20220414_215056

Last edited:

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another Ford dealership with a body shop can do the work under warranty. I had this with a door adjustment. I took to a different dealer with a Ford Body Shop.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is not as bad as yours but I am joining the (short at the moment) list of Broncos arriving with this type of damage. My damage is not nearly as bad as yours, nor was it immediately noticeable at first glance but I was airing down/up my tires yesterday and staring at the door I noticed it.

Here is the link to my post on my build week group:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🛠-1-17-2022-build-week-group.28746/page-500#post-1351574

At first I thought it was just the front passenger door, but it is both the rear and front doors that are damaged.

The rear door, the front corner (and a good handprint size around it) is pushed/bent in a good 1/3" inch or more. Then looking at the bottom of the front door following it to the wheel well you can see how wavy the door is weaving in and out along the door sill.

This is on top of the fact that the dealership has already opened up a claim for a significant scratched window that needs replaced.

Really glad Ford took that extra few days to perform a final inspection and make sure my bronco was just perfect.......

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory 67166969902__2CF7C8C9-0FD6-4C48-86C4-9D29A8F6EE3D

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, I am happy to have finally received my Bronco as I know many are still waiting. I originally reserved on July 14th, 2020 and just picked it up 2 days ago.

When I picked it up, I immediately noticed that the driver side quarter panel had an outward bend in it and the driver door gaps were way off. There are also some really bad paint smudges/chips at the front of driver door as well as a big spot of dirt under paint by the fuel door. Funny thing is, you can see the door gap/bent panel issues in my assembly line picture (the gap is obvious, the bend can be seen when you zoom in on the area). I showed the dealership who had missed all of it (it had just come in an hour or so before I arrived to get it). They said they would document it and get with Ford on how it would be handled. My concern is that they will farm it out to a body shop since this particular dealership does not have their own and I'm not sure how difficult it would be to try to match this particular paint.

Best case scenario for me would be to take it to the body shop of my choice to have all of the issues corrected and Ford cover the bill. Is that too much to ask?

Looking for honest/constructive feedback. Thanks in advance.

IMG_7090.jpeg
This sucks, I'm in a similar boat but no where near as bad as yours. The dealer I bought it from sold their body shop so I have to take it to a different Ford dealer. I would not do this on your own, work directly with the dealer.

I have a similar issue on the passenger door in the same spot. That's the front corner of the passenger side door.

Doors have not been off and I'm NOT taking them off until it gets evaluated by a dealer.

Seems to be a few out there, @Ford would you like our VIN's and dealer info?

Ford Bronco Looking for help- body damage from factory tempImageGpr7iP
Sponsored

Last edited: