Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a removable roof off road vehicle I love the fact it's not perfect it's so much fun to drive,dash is good 👍 other plastic will scratch looking at it makes me feel alive 😍😍😍😍😍 keep yer leather shagpile palace.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s a pretty nice cover and looks like an OEM Ford rear seat. After a few early builds having mismatched parts, I’m glad quality seems to be improving. After a few bumps, I’m now scheduled for week of 9/19. I have the QA/QC thread saved for my initial dealer inspection. After buying something like 15 new cars, I don’t recall ever being this stressed. Smart move saving the seats from the Doodle. Our 80lb chocolate lab was never allowed on any seating surface in her 14 years.
Well I can tell you that cover is the bomb. That’s why I leave it on. Got it through the ford catalog. We bought the same one for our sport and after a year of her going everywhere in it, dry and muddy it looks new.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2022 OBX is being built soon and I’ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know it’s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. I’m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesn’t feel sturdy at all. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime I’d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

Not looking for the “it’s an off road what do you expect?” comments.
I'm quite pleased with my High OBX. However, I got the Roast/Onyx leather/vinyl with the electric seats, because I'm tall and want the increased adjustability. I can't speak to the cloth seats. However, i like the interior, i think the materials are excellent for an off road vehicle. Ive had mine for 11 montys and 15,000 miles. I find all the whining about "cheap plastic" surfaces way overdone. The vehicle has a removable roof and is designed to get wet! Chill! Its a great wearing, sharp, classy car and looks great! Compared to a Jeep, its night and day.

Regarding your wife's love of interior upgrades, many members have done wonderful seat upgrades with katzin leather seat covers, and they look great! Enjoy your car. What you dont like, customize! I have NO regrets!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm, I would HIGHLY suggest bringing car seat/booster and putting them in the backseat before you purchase. You may or may not like the outcome.
You're correct. Its not an SUV. 6+" less rear leg room than my F150, not much room for a modern modular car seat, child will be kicking the back of the front seat. My grand kids fit in the back of mine, but the car seat is tight!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good news for my kids. Thanks.
My kids definitely complain about lack of AC in the back seats when it's hot out. We've found that angling the front vents different ways will blow back there for them, but it's a poor substitute for actually decent venting.

Sponsored
OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My kids definitely complain about lack of AC in the back seats when it's hot out. We've found that angling the front vents different ways will blow back there for them, but it's a poor substitute for actually decent venting.
ayyy no bueno.

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ayyy no bueno.
same my kids complain …. But on the plus side, it’s something they agree on, and one less thing for them to argue over. In our other vehicles they have argued over where the vents are pointing, and controlling the accessible fan speed / temp controls

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
same my kids complain …. But on the plus side, it’s something they agree on, and one less thing for them to argue over. In our other vehicles they have argued over where the vents are pointing, and controlling the accessible fan speed / temp controls
this is a daily occurrence in our VW atlas right now. Constant changing the vent, temp etc. as long as it’s cool back there, I don’t care that there’s no control for them. Do you find the cold air to circulate to the back just fine?

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this is a daily occurrence in our VW atlas right now. Constant changing the vent, temp etc. as long as it’s cool back there, I don’t care that there’s no control for them. Do you find the cold air to circulate to the back just fine?
i
When it’s blasting it seems to be adequate. ( If it’s a variability factor, I’m in FL & have 4dr OBX soft top.)

Honestly for my family, this vehicle is just not comfortable enough to be a daily driver. It is perfect just for me & commuting to the gym and making short trips. But as cool as Bronco is, my wife and kids prefer to ride in our infinity SUV, even when we go to the beach…
It’s all good though, saves miles on the Bronco 😂🤣
Sponsored