Sponsored

Looking for kill switch. Two Ram TRX's stolen in my neighborhood in the last week!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unless you live in Texas...

Even then, these guys are in and out before you even know they are there. Unless you have some pretty sophisticated proximity alarms and a fair amount of open space to detect the approach to take the vehicle... They have the advantage.

Your best defense is a secure lot/garage and even that won't always work. My father worked in a federal facility with a "secure" parking lot and thieves even broke into and stole cars there (bet-sty Brooklyn).
No doubt....and this is just 1 of the many reasons I'm out of Cali ASAP....Texas isn't on my radar personally but maybe it should be :)
Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this on a Mustang that I owned. Ran the fuse through a switch in the console though.
How about running the fuel pump fuse through the up fitter switch? That would be something few would figure out.

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster. You're able to lock out the throttle pedal with a button sequence.
Is this really a thing with Pedal Commander brand? I have one and didn't know this could be done.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think it's funny people move to Idaho and say it's great! Boise and Pocatello are the 2nd coming of California.
Not yet...but close. Boise is a Univ town so its been left of uncle Vlad for some time. That said, I will be dead and dust long before it approaches Sac-of-tomato's, Stock-tone's, Fres-neck's, etc. level of crime.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this really a thing with Pedal Commander brand? I have one and didn't know this could be done.
Actually you could be correct. I guess I should have said a general "pedal controller", not the Pedal Commander brand. Sprint Booster and I think there are other brands that have a controller physically shaped like the below offer a pedal lockout via button combination but they probably need to be the dumb ones. Where you can only control them physically. For any of the fancy ones that have an app you'd be dependent on the app to offer a lock out ability.

Ford Bronco Looking for kill switch. Two Ram TRX's stolen in my neighborhood in the last week! 1704308530231

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not yet...but close. Boise is a Univ town so its been left of uncle Vlad for some time. That said, I will be dead and dust long before it approaches Sac-of-tomato's, Stock-tone's, Fres-neck's, etc. level of crime.
I agree! You will get shot in Idaho before you get across the street. Most likely get a couple extra holes from quick draw grandma with a 1911 wooden spoon.

My transplant brother always says in order to comfort a Idahoan to tell them we are not from Utah and not going Hunting. He also says no wearing camo or orange but my Dodgers hat was fine?

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just don’t let your fellow Californian transplants screw up Idaho like they did California.
Some are fleeing because they want to raise a family in a lot better environment and some are "bringing what their fleeing".

Funny how they don't understand crime and punishment is 180 deg from CA though. We just re-instituted the firing squad here and first offences with no priors such as Robbery = 5 years to life. Additionally if you use a gun during certain crimes, the statutory maximum sentence is extended by 15 years, even if the definition of the crime includes using a firearm. In other words, aggravated battery where you hit someone with the butt of a pistol, rifle, shotgun is at the minimum 30 years to life even if shots are not fired. That is true gun control.

We had a neat trick (not sure if we still do this because of scumbag lawyers). we would send felons out of state to private penitentiaries knowing that their whole family would follow.

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remove the fuel pump fuse when it's parked?
This is what I do in my 2000 Miata, except I remove the starter fuse. Not sure how that works in a newer car?

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put your key fobs in a metal box to stop thieves with scanners ( most of them now ) to copy your signal and start your car.

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually you could be correct. I guess I should have said a general "pedal controller", not the Pedal Commander brand. Sprint Booster and I think there are other brands that have a controller physically shaped like the below offer a pedal lockout via button combination but they probably need to be the dumb ones. Where you can only control them physically. For any of the fancy ones that have an app you'd be dependent on the app to offer a lock out ability.

Ford Bronco Looking for kill switch. Two Ram TRX's stolen in my neighborhood in the last week! 1704308530231
https://www.ultimate9.co/throttle-controllers

This one can lock out pedal too. Been looking at it and like it. The tiny head unit is removable as well so make over ride more difficult.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't know this brand was available in the states! Buying one!!!

You watch 4WD24/7?
Naw, will check out tho…saw a few other Bronco Youtubers review the Ultimate 9
Sponsored