Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was a post… in a StickerFab thread maybe… about someone having a windshield replaced and it didn’t have those items printed on it. But I don’t think it was a direct from Ford replacement.
Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly why I run a hood deflector, plus my insurance covers free chip repairs at safelite. I also have a $500 deductible that applies to glass replacement as well.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are correct based on build and price.
I have the high package and it does have Lane Keeping. I also have to get the windshield replaced thanks to a rock on the freeway 11 days after delivery. Thankfully, I have $0 glass deductible.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I just found out if I have to replace my Windshield, the current cost is about $1000+

I have the lane keeping / Co-Pilot 360 (Bronco steers back to middle of lane)...this also requires recalibration with new replacement.

So you may immediately want to get your window cracks repaired as soon as they happen to avoid this type of cost.

if someone already posted this..apologies..I couldn’t find it.

5ADFE4EF-432A-4342-9800-3E1852D78B8B.jpeg
Holy shit. Mental note to not break windshield if they ever send my bronco!

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have State farm and they do not specifically have glass coverage. However if the windshields that expensive, it could fall under my comp since my deductible are $100.

But yeah it's a claim so at some point it's going to affect something.
I have state farm and a few years ago after my wifes car was broken into. I added a glass replacement package that is zero out of pocket and it only raised my premium by $5 a month

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a rock chip this morning, a stupid dump truck going the other way threw a rock at me. I have never had windshield insurance for the nearly 20 years I have lived in Alberta, it's normally not worth it when a regular windshield is less than $200. I got windshield insurance on the Bronco because of all the fancy technology but I am not sure how to make a claim. 😂 Waiting for a call back from insurance as I type this.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have state farm and a few years ago after my wifes car was broken into. I added a glass replacement package that is zero out of pocket and it only raised my premium by $5 a month
I'll have to check again. It has been a while since I was told those specific glass coverage.

FLOBBRONCO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got a quote from a reputable windshield replacement company here in Florida. The quote includes the camera & sensors calibration service mentioned with an additional $100 out-of-pocket payment WITH insurance or nearly $1,200 WITHOUT insurance.

Great post. Thank you for sharing!

mAtTyG04

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First out of town trip last weekend and I got a rock that cracked it from side to side. I have the insurance from my dealer. No aftermarkets available here and OEM's are on backorder. According to the dealer I could be looking at 5-6 months before they can replace it. Crazy.
Sponsored