Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lux with a manual is the Chad spec, for sure.
Definitely, but I was able to talk myself down to the High Package. I don't want the Adaptive Cruise nannies that almost caused an accident the first time I drove a Ford with them.

Ford Bronco Lux Package, Why Can’t I Quit You? amanB6G

Last edited:

AmberC

Wildtrak
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How and Why would you upgrade the B&O radio system? Like, seriously, what’s it lacking that you would be able to hear inside a Bronco? It’s not a rolling music studio or ENT quiet room for testing your hearing, after all.

I ask because the B&O is just about the only thing that is driving me up into the Lux. Otherwise I think High is all I need.

so what’s the point of paying for B&O just to rip it out?
I'm down to decision day and going with the Lux for the B&O more than anything. Now I am trying to decide on color. I am stuck between orange and A51. I love them both but I want to go with whichever proves to be less popular because that's just me. I live in a small town but if there is even 1 four door with the same color as mine around here I am going to be kinda pissed. LOL

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm down to decision day and going with the Lux for the B&O more than anything. Now I am trying to decide on color. I am stuck between orange and A51. I love them both but I want to go with whichever proves to be less popular because that's just me. I live in a small town but if there is even 1 four door with the same color as mine around here I am going to be kinda pissed. LOL
cyber orange is less popular than A51 in all regions according to forum sample size

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Poplar Bluff, MO!!! Psycho T Country 😍

Sponsored
OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's correct. I used to see his dad at the gym all the time. We graduated the same year but I went to a different school district.
WEIGHT ROOM!!! I was in the second row when he dropped 40 on Georgia Tech as a freshman. Remember his recruitment when someone described his game as “a trucker on crystal meth” 😂

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you had a heated steering wheel? My current vehicle is the first time I've ever had one and I'd take it over heated seats any day of the week. The car doesn't even need to be warm inside to feel comfortable if the wheel is heated.

I had a hand injury in college that really messed my circulation and nerves up in my dominant hand, if it's winter or I'm drinking something really cold I definitely struggle getting my digits moving. I even use the heated wheel in the summer sometimes just to loosen things up.

Of course I wish all these packages were available to any build but that's not how car purchasing works, and everyone saying these are things found in lower packages on expensive cars elseware are forgetting this isn't a $50k luxury vehicle, it's a purpose built off-road monster that you can doll up to get your luxuries.

It's a great luxury item that I'll gladly pay a premium for to continue to experience. I understand my hand issue isn't the norm, but I'd buy it even without said issue after owning one currently.
I never really thought about the heated steering wheel but read this post and remembered how often I drive with the heat forced through the dash vents, the vents pointed at my hands or me holding my hand in front of the vent.

You bastard! Now I want a heated steering wheel....

Still too cheap to get it but I will not mock those who do.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
For me is the speed assist cruise control that is the biggest selling point although after having laughed at the heated steering wheel in my 300 and Ram I love it especially in the cold ND winters

Sponsored

ethanax

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have B&O in my F150 and the sound quality is excellent. I consider myself an audiophile. That’s what is driving me to the lux package. I really don’t think the cost to replace it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Krampus

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in for "Chad spec". Manual with Heated wheel is a must for my soft self since you "can't" have remote start.
It's like snow tires. The only people who say they don't need snow tires are the people who have never had them. Once you get 'em you don't go back.

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Lux package is way too expensive if you don't want the Bang & Olufsen. Sadly, we won't know whether we're getting Good B&O or Bad B&O until Bonco-specific reviews come in.

Take the Wrangler. The Alpine upgrade on the 2016 JK was brilliant. The "Alpine" system in the current JL is middling, at best. Same name; very different results.

I'm waiting for 2022 because I want Sas + 7MT. If I was ordering today, I'd roll the dice and get the B&O because aftermarket integration is way trickier than it used to be.
Very true. I had a '15 JK with the Alpine and the sound was clean and clear at highway speeds with everything off/open.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
My justification is better insurance rates with those added safety features. Plus, how can you live with an 8" screen knowing you could've had 12"??!
Sponsored