First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may be right, I may be crazy. These might just be the bolted diffs you're looking for. But that's not what I'm hearing. FWIW, all of these axle models are produced in welded and bolted form, so the ring and pinion gear sets exist for both. It wouldn't be hard at all for Ford Performance to offer the M190 gear set to support the customer that 1) wants to regear, so they buy a replacement diff case to use the bolted gears, or 2) wants to install an aftermarket diff and needs gearing to go with it. And the M190 does come in e-Locking flavors, GM uses in on the ZR2. So, I guess we'll see what it turns out to be in, oh, 6 months...
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You may be right, I may be crazy. These might just be the bolted diffs you're looking for. But that's not what I'm hearing. FWIW, all of these axle models are produced in welded and bolted form, so the ring and pinion gear sets exist for both. It wouldn't be hard at all for Ford Performance to offer the M190 gear set to support the customer that 1) wants to regear, so they buy a replacement diff case to use the bolted gears, or 2) wants to install an aftermarket diff and needs gearing to go with it. And the M190 does come in e-Locking flavors, GM uses in on the ZR2. So, I guess we'll see what it turns out to be in, oh, 6 months...
I hear you but if your going through all that trouble to put 4.7 gears into the M190, might as well upgrade to the M210. Why would Ford bother to sell these gears for the M190 if it was that much of a headache??? I still bet the gears are bolted on all bronco diffs.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to say. But the 4.7 ratio is the only option that they're offering for the M190, so they're not putting too much effort into it either. Like I said, we'll see this summer.

I was just wondering tied to all this - is the Bronco's M210 front axle likely to bolt into a Ranger? That would an interesting development if it does. The Rangers all have a 3.73 M190 up front (with welded gears). But the 210 would open options for regearing...

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AM prep? Not familiar with that term.
after market is my guess.

If somebody cannot afford Squatch now, I get it. But even without seeing the pricing, I can't imagine a DitY approach to Squatch being close to the Squatch price, let alone being even cheaper. Squatch is a steal...I can't wait for ManSquatch!!! Crawler gear!!!

If there's any hint you need the Squatch components, get the Squatch now, it's a hell of a bargain for offroaders. Strip your build of EVERYTHING that you can do later, if you have to. Steel Bumpers, rock rails, floor mats, sound deadening headliners, bimini tops etc etc
Yes!

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see everywhere that Sasquatch changes ratio, but what axles will Sasquatch come with? Assume same as non-sasq. And which axle is that?

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty crazy about the welded r&p. I wanted to call bs but knew better and did some homework first. It must be fine since we don't seem to hear about failures, just not modable.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really, the welded R&P is just the cost of new gears, but if you are opening up the diffs, you are probably replacing gears anyway. If I add a LSD to the front of my BD, I will probably upgrade gears at the same time, so cost is the same for me, bolted or welded.

Most people never change gears, even people who put bigger tires on, so it only affects a few.

The bigger question is replacing the m190 with an m210 up front. I really wish that was a factory option.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope powertrax will make a locking diff kit for the m190 (7.5) diff, they only run about $425 and much cheaper than going up trim to get it on the BD. They make one for the Ranger.
Sponsored