Mabett rear speaker pods - totally worth it

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking at the Polk speakers, I always had good luck with them in the past.
Just an FYI, the Polk are traditional 6.5's with a 5" cutout and do not match up well with the Mabett rear pods. You want a 6.75" speaker with a 5.5" cutout for proper fit. After tinkering with it, I'm going to use a pair of Hertz X-170's.
Sponsored

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a rattle, so I did some MacGyvering.
This might help people with a two door.
I added a little rubber cushion between the pod and pillar.
Removed the cover added a foam cube behind the seatbelt holder.
The rattle seems to have disappeared for now.

And yes Im still waiting for Mabett to release a larger grill which they say they are….eventually. 🤷‍♂️
Ford Bronco Mabett rear speaker pods - totally worth it IMG_2166
Ford Bronco Mabett rear speaker pods - totally worth it IMG_2168

Mikestown

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anybody know what gauge wire the included Mabett harness is. At work now but wanting needing to order a different sized female connector for my focal acx165 speakers.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack, 2023 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am glad I found this. This might be my first upgrade.

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m upgrading to these pods soon and trying to find a suitable speaker that matches my system. I’m running an amp and sub already so think that should take care of the full range issue. Came from a base audio system.

Does anyone know if the JL Audio c2 6.5 and/or the Alpine R2 fit these pods without modification?

I like the c2 from a previous Jeep and have the alpine components up front already in my bronco.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to poo poo these but the ones from SSV allow you to run a wider range of 6.5s because you don’t have to worry about them fitting under the cover. I just installed a set of Inifinity Reference 6532IX and they sound fantastic but don’t fit the the Mabetts. Plus you can feel good about supporting an American company.

Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel they same way about the mabett pods as I had them and switched over to the ssv I didn't like the way the mabett covers a lot of the speaker. I could tell a big difference between the two pods and sound quality.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The larger pods are nice, but I have read many articles saying that unless you were upgrading the amps in which you need the dsp unit, going bigger in the pods was not necessarily better.

My solution was to go with Alpine S-S40's nice sound, crisp, and fit in the pods. I will probably not upgrade the AMP, I have the B&O system, I also added components in the Kick and Dash.

Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those w 2 doors having seatbelt clearance issue where are you getting the spacers? Just installed mine and seatbelts are definitely an issue.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I notice that everybody who is installing these are replacing speaker pods they already had mounted, and they are re-using brackets from existing pods. I don’t have any pods mounted in my bronco already. Is there anything extra that I need to purchase to be able to install?

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I notice that everybody who is installing these are replacing speaker pods they already had mounted, and they are re-using brackets from existing pods. I don’t have any pods mounted in my bronco already. Is there anything extra that I need to purchase to be able to install?
Never mind. I’m an idiot. Actually I’m not. The factory speakers are so weak I didn’t even know they were there. I thought that was something that came with upgraded sound systems. But now I see them there. I can’t really hear them in the mix, hence the need to upgrade.

NickOhio

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OB SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see most are going with Kicker replacements for the BO system. I’m a little partial towards JL Audio, have a large system in my boat and love them. Would this setup fit right?

2 JLA C1-650x for kick panels
2 JLA C1-650x for the Mabett pods
And then is it 3 JLA C1-400x for the dash? Since speakers come in pairs, do you just have an extra to trade or throw randomly in my golf cart?

All are 4ohm. Sounds like 6.75 will fit in the pods so better to go with kicker for the extra .25”?

Lanshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know its been mentioned but I thought my pods were the worst investment ever, then I checked the foam blocks on the speaker covers and I had indentions on the cone's foam surround. Even though I'm running the B&O and all the limitations that entails, and maybe only getting a small uplift in sound, I'm happy with the improvement for now. Ugh, can't believe I didnt catch that sooner.
Sponsored